My Minecraft Fortress of Doom, Completed!

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
A few months ago, there was a two part strip on Minecraft in Penny Arcade. The second part showed Gabe standing on a castle wall, looking over his domain. This is probably what got me interested in Minecraft. A few months later, I have completed my Fortress of Doom, and I'd like to dedicate it to Penny Arcade for inspiring me to build a castle, as well as bringing my attention to Minecraft in the first place. Thanks, guys, you rock! Now to rule over MY domain... Muahahaha...

Some pics from when it was under construction, showing my building styles:

157066_1617201563374_1636435905_1412941_8328060_n.jpg

154958_1603778227799_1636435905_1387592_1971589_n.jpg

66782_1599525081473_1636435905_1379731_8341565_n.jpg

149925_1561503090947_1636435905_1310595_7510589_n.jpg

It looks like I wasted a chunk of my life on the Fortress of Doom, but don't worry... I built other things as well, like my Fortress of Hell in the Nether :3

76192_1557471430158_1636435905_1303013_2286993_n.jpg

Here's a video tour of that one, as well. Although not inspired by PA, but instead my mind, I used the skills I learned from building this thing high off the ground to help with building the walls and towers of the Fortress of Doom:

(you can see the Hell one is old because it doesn't use the Steampunk texture pack)

If you haven't guessed, I LOVE Sins of a Solar Empire and it's soundtrack ^.^

Thanks for your time!

--Chrisman01

PS- I think I may have jumped the gun on "completed". I'm beginning to think of more things to add, like a steampunk-style forgehouse in the courtyard, or maybe an airship docked with one of the towers... Or... Both.... Muahahaha....

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
1) there's already a thread for this
2) part of me thinks this isn't entirely legit
3) other two points aside, nice going that's actually rather impressive

EDIT: I'd love to have you on my SMP server at some point
ohmy.gif

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice stuff, kind of makes me wonder what a GBAtemp server would be like; I'm waiting on my usual haunt to come back online after the main updates earlier on. Every update breaks the mods, it seems..and sure enough chaos takes over(destruction and fire run rampant).
Shame it's just a creative server 24/7, Survival on occasion would be nice, I'd rather kill things in a group, less chance of getting murdered by a creeper XD

EDIT:

Wabsta said:
Antoligy said:
EDIT: I'd love to have you on my SMP server at some point
ohmy.gif
This. Join tempcraft!
Wait, there's one for here? News to me
ohmy.gif

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit that's amazing. Uh, if you want, we could possibly import your whole kingdom into the TempCraft map. We'll wait and see what happens in the next month with the server before considering doing it, since things might change with hosting again. It would be great to have, as you noted about using it for PvP in the video multiple times. If someone else built a castle across from it, we could have wars and such. But yeah, if you want, we'd love to have it in the map.
wink.gif

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Holy shit that's amazing. Uh, if you want, we could possibly import your whole kingdom into the TempCraft map. We'll wait and see what happens in the next month with the server before considering doing it, since things might change with hosting again. It would be great to have, as you noted about using it for PvP in the video multiple times. If someone else built a castle across from it, we could have wars and such. But yeah, if you want, we'd love to have it in the map.
wink.gif

Exactly what I wanted to do! there's already a second, smaller castle in my world on top of a mountain... hollow out the mountain and make it into the fortress as well, and....

hehe, I'm definitely addicted to Minecraft ^.^

@Antoligy: 100% legit, no flying hacks or anything. I used the minecart launcher physics glitch to get from the bottom of my mine and back again,, but that's it! ...and if I hadn't, I'd probably still be working on this by next summer >.<

I should tour my mine and the other castle next... the castle isn't impressive, but my mine is out of control. If you slip at the top, there will be a *SPLAT* a minute or so later o_o /sarcasm

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
unnkown95 said:
man, lol how long did it take you to build that!?!?!

It says in the tour video; roughly 2 months, but I wasn't playing every day.

Now I'm starting work on an airship. Since I don't use flying hacks, the only way to do this is to build scaffolding from all the excess dirt I gathered while building the fortress:

65853_1623191753125_1636435905_1423735_5385809_n.jpg

(scaffolding is under construction in order to begin construction lol)

Seriously, how can you use the steampunk pack and NOT build an airship? ^.^

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Instead of making a new topic just for an unfinished project, I figured I'd post a small upate on the airship here. I'll make a new subject when it's completed:

Airframe construction has begun, as well as the removal of any unnecessary scaffolding. To go with the steampunk theme, I made the blades and engines unnecessarily large...

168035_1632406823496_1636435905_1446015_691383_n.jpg

The remaining scaffolding is hiding a lot of details... no peeking yet! ;D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Couch casting for horror