Hacking ~My wii story~

So.. what will Nintendo do about repairing?

• They will NOT repair the wii and throw it away.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They will repair it, but charge me because i have homebrewchannel.

• They wont charge me because they cant see anything, and bring the wii savely back.

• Total voters

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tanis698 said:
i had homebrew on my wii and it wasnt a full brick. they didn't charge me for a repair at all and sent me a new wii.

Thanks for your post, that will make me feel better
smile.gif
Was it a WHOLE NEW WII (another serial number) Or the old one but they fixed it?

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
tanis698 said:
i had homebrew on my wii and it wasnt a full brick. they didn't charge me for a repair at all and sent me a new wii.

Just because you got lucky this time around, doesn't mean you or anyone else will be so lucky next time around. Maybe one technician missed it because he/she was in a hurry and has another 100 Wiis to process before the end of the day. Plus there will be 3 others technicians that won't miss it. Perhaps they won't be so lenient when they find other more questionable unauthrized software, IOS, modifications other than Homebrew Channel.

Think about it, this is a great way for Nintendo to get paid for whatever damages it sees fit. Don't agree, then face the consequences of not paying your bills.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wiiman123 said:
tanis698 said:

Just because you got lucky this time around, doesn't mean you or anyone else will be so lucky next time around. Maybe one technician missed it because he/she was in a hurry and has another 100 Wiis to process before the end of the day. Plus there will be 3 others technicians that won't miss it. Perhaps they won't be so lenient when they find other more questionable unauthrized software, IOS, modifications other than Homebrew Channel.

Think about it, this is a great way for Nintendo to get paid for whatever damages it sees fit. Don't agree, then face the consequences of not paying your bills.

lol, what you are saying is for me theoretical true, Tanis probably got lucky.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sending mine off to nintendo as soon as they send the shipping label. while i was on the phone with the rep, i learned that even if your warrentee is almost expired and you send it in, you get another year warrentee from the day they fix yours. so im just making sure mine wont be fixable so they cant find the stuff that shouldnt be there. then hope i get a boot2-able wii. and next year remember to brick it again right before the warrentee expires again.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
giantpune said:
im sending mine off to nintendo as soon as they send the shipping label. while i was on the phone with the rep, i learned that even if your warrentee is almost expired and you send it in, you get another year warrentee from the day they fix yours. so im just making sure mine wont be fixable so they cant find the stuff that shouldnt be there. then hope i get a boot2-able wii. and next year remember to brick it again right before the warrentee expires again.

LOL. My brick was caused by unstalling a Cios (sys ios) (makes the wii NO signal " FULL BRICK" ), but the chance is very low that you will get a old wii with the signed boot 1, they could also just fix your wii NAND (reprogram) or switching mainboards. If they see that you got homebrew on your wii, i think you will change your mind about bricking your wii each year.. it cost €213 to repair a bricked wii with homebrew, but the funny thing is that a NEW wii cost €200 at the moment.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not by installing one, but by uninstalling one. And not just any cIOS, you uninstalled your System Menu's IOS, or IOS30. Gotta keep your terms straight or you'll spread misinformation.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xzxero said:
your results poll is inaccurate

none of the 3 answers is correct.

uhm. What is the right answer then that you think? [Post here]

Edit:

My wii is still at the shop where i bought it ( They still didnt send it to Nintendo). The man told me that he wants to try a experiment with another wii, and if that doesnt work he sends it to Nintendo.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
xzxero said:

Edit:

My wii is still at the shop where i bought it ( They still didnt send it to Nintendo). The man told me that he wants to try a experiment with another wii, and if that doesnt work he sends it to Nintendo.
the right answers are
They will test the wii and find out it has no system menu [black screen] labeling it a brick, letting you know your saves and wii shop channel items cannot be saved.

What are the results?
They will send your Wii to a 3rd party company to flash its NAND & send you a totally different wii, which might have boot2 fixed or not. total game of chance.
ive sent in at least 6 wii's, all coming back with boot2 not fixed.
others have sent it in, and recieved a fixed boot2.

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xzxero said:
bjorno said:
xzxero said:

Edit:

the right answers are
They will test the wii and find out it has no system menu [black screen] labeling it a brick, letting you know your saves and wii shop channel items cannot be saved.

What are the results?
They will send your Wii to a 3rd party company to flash its NAND & send you a totally different wii, which might have boot2 fixed or not. total game of chance.
ive sent in at least 6 wii's, all coming back with boot2 not fixed.
others have sent it in, and recieved a fixed boot2.

But the chance of getting now a wii with boot 1 signed is 0%? (my bricked one has fixed boot1), but boot 2 fixed doesnt matter at all, does it?

bjorno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FenrirWolf said:
It's boot1 that determines if you can install BootMii

You didnt read at all what i typed, i said if boot 1 will get 0% to be signed if they change wii. I didnt say if they change Boot 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?