Gaming Naming issues with Halo MCC or: another way to con gamers

contezero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have the Halo MCC on disk (the collection of Halo 1-4).
If you buy online the MCC now you will have also Reach and ODST included.
If you bought the MCC in the past (either digital or disk) you will have to pay an extra to have the two missing games.
No big deal, it's common to re-release a game with extra DLC included after a while, think about all the GOTY/GOLD/COMPLETE/WHATEVER editions but... this one kept exactly the same name!

So you can buy the MCC on the official Xbox site, for 70 euro and have all 6 games; you can buy the download code in one of the many sites like cdkeys, pay about 35/40 euro but you won't know which version you are downloading: the old, with 4 games or the new, with 6.

Or you can buy the Disk edition, still on sale in places like Gamestop or Amazon (sold by Amazon!). On Amazon the disk edition cost the same price as the digital edition (probably the prices are updated automatically with the official sites) but it will come only with 4 games.

The point is... all the editions have the same name, all are identical but if you buy digital from a re-seller or physical you are screwed. I think it's made on purpose to discourage users to buy in places other than the official stores. Those practices should be illegal...not piracy.

Reactions: Japermen

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game originally shipped with those games. The edition on the MS store is named "Digital Deluxe Edition"

FWIW, Halo Reach contains the MP without DLC, and ODST was never free until again, the digital version was updated.

If you buy a digital code gutted from a console from 2014, well no shit you don't get the $15 (oh my god) of DLC that came later. This isn't an issue with being a con, this is the definition of entitlement.

Last edited by lisreal2401,

contezero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The game originally shipped with those games. The edition on the MS store is named "Digital Deluxe Edition"

Nope. Its still called simply "Master Chief Collection" on the official website. The "con" part wasn't about price but about naming.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Aw I thought this was going to be about a Halo themed motorcycle club.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: I could happen: there is an "Halo" bike and many Halo themed helmets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-10-15-38-42-414_org.adblockplus.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-10-15-38-42-414_org.adblockplus.browser.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 147

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The third one ducked. +1