Not open for further replies.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The special value is shifted left by 3 and ORed with 1. If the LSB is not set it causes the PPC to reboot when the value is stored.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sadly i tried lots of parameters for MPT to get multi player or at least difficulty selection, but without success. And i created a DVD5 version of the game and replaced the game .dols with my own to read the value at the memory offset to get the same value there as the real game .dol gets, but all i get is 6, for SL and MP, so either MPT uses something else, or this method can't be used to get the parameters. And yes the last bit was always 1 in my tests.

But i found something strange, when i had a cIOS55r7(yes cIOSrev7 dip, still works great) i got 002 error on selecting multi player, with all 3 game .dols replaced with my own ones! And i was sure it was running on "IOS55", because i booted the game from SoftChip with IOS55 selected. I have no idea which .dol returns that error and when exactly, but it's odd, i expected that my .dol would have been booted directly.

The idea behind the sub menus is to allow slot and difficulty selection in Metroid, 3 Slots, 3 games, 3 difficulties, main menu and 3 times multi player would be too many options in the menu directly-

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RC5: Fixed code dump if no storage device was used, bug reported by longtom1

This is how a helpful report looks like:
QUOTE said:
found that if I enable search patches option I no longer get a stack dump and the game boots but if I disable it again I get a stack dump works for both autoboot and original uploaded

don't know if this is of any use to you in editing the source(finding bug)

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
Sadly i tried lots of parameters for MPT to get multi player or at least difficulty selection, but without success. And i created a DVD5 version of the game and replaced the game .dols with my own to read the value at the memory offset to get the same value there as the real game .dol gets, but all i get is 6, for SL and MP, so either MPT uses something else, or this method can't be used to get the parameters. And yes the last bit was always 1 in my tests.
Maybe it uses some other address for other parameters?
Once someone figures that out, the .wdm might need to be extended to allow custom address-value pairs

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
WiiPower said:
Maybe it uses some other address for other parameters?
Once someone figures that out, the .wdm might need to be extended to allow custom address-value pairs

Yeah, i thought also thought about extending the file format if that's the case. Anyways, currently decimal and hexadecimal numbers are supported, how about binary number support? And how to mark them in the file, for hex it's easy with "0x" at the beginning.

I wasn't able to get the values for Sam & Max after i knew them. Ok, i only tried to get them with my usb gecko, i should confirm if the .dol replacement method works for Sam & Max or not, that should help a lot no matter which result i get.

QUOTE(Shadowlurker @ Mar 13 2010, 01:33 PM)
Oh yeah Thanks WiiPower, i guess i should have looked first lol

No problem, the 1st version with it is the R8 RC4.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:

But i found something strange, when i had a cIOS55r7(yes cIOSrev7 dip, still works great) i got 002 error on selecting multi player, with all 3 game .dols replaced with my own ones! And i was sure it was running on "IOS55", because i booted the game from SoftChip with IOS55 selected. I have no idea which .dol returns that error and when exactly, but it's odd, i expected that my .dol would have been booted directly.

The idea behind the sub menus is to allow slot and difficulty selection in Metroid, 3 Slots, 3 games, 3 difficulties, main menu and 3 times multi player would be too many options in the menu directly-
Edit: I already got beaten on this first point, but here it is again anyway... Perhaps some games pass more than 1 parameter. Have you tried looking around the region of the SaM parameter point to see if any of the other nearby data differs depending on the launch options?

As for the 002 error, could that have something to do with the fourth alternative .dol that is in MPT?

Thanks for the clarification on the sub entries. We are considering to just use indentation to specify the sub entry level, but might implement sub menus if MPT parameterisation can be figured out and needs it.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:
[...]
Edit: I already got beaten on this first point, but here it is again anyway... Perhaps some games pass more than 1 parameter. Have you tried looking around the region of the SaM parameter point to see if any of the other nearby data differs depending on the launch options?

As for the 002 error, could that have something to do with the fourth alternative .dol that is in MPT?

Thanks for the clarification on the sub entries. We are considering to just use indentation to specify the sub entry level, but might implement sub menus if MPT parameterisation can be figured out and needs it.

First point? Creating the DVD5?

No i haven't tried it yet, my next test would be if it's possible to read the parameter with a .dol at all. If i can't read it on Sam & Max, i don't need to look further, then we need somebody with good disassembly skills.

And the 4th .dol is a copy of the main.dol. Either the main.dol tells the IOS to reload, then does an 002 check and then boots the other .dol, or the main.dol boots the 4th .dol which boots the game .dol.

Have you tried the same parameters as for Sam & Max on CSI? And are the missions on CSI are completely seperated games like the Sam & Max episodes?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
First point? Creating the DVD5?

No i haven't tried it yet, my next test would be if it's possible to read the parameter with a .dol at all. If i can't read it on Sam & Max, i don't need to look further, then we need somebody with good disassembly skills.

And the 4th .dol is a copy of the main.dol. Either the main.dol tells the IOS to reload, then does an 002 check and then boots the other .dol, or the main.dol boots the 4th .dol which boots the game .dol.

Have you tried the same parameters as for Sam & Max on CSI? And are the missions on CSI are completely seperated games like the Sam & Max episodes?
The "first point" was just on testing other locations, which oggzee already stated in his post (although I hadn't read oggzee's post or your reply yet when posting).

Yes I did try some of the same parameters as Sam & Max. They all just resulted in a normal boot. The CSI chapters are completely separated from the menu, and it is when you select one that the chapter starts. To access another chapter, you have to go back to the menu too.

The only thing that might be different is that CSI has two options per chapter. The first menu allows you to choose if you want to restart any chapter or to continue any chapter. Each of those buttons then lets you choose any chapters you have unlocked thus far. When using USB, or even when the original disc was launched via homebrew like Gecko OS and tinyload, choosing a chapter in either menu will reset the Wii.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds like the proper values aren't being set in lowmem. Disc based games should always have 0x80 stored to 0x80003184 before booting.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
Sounds like the proper values aren't being set in lowmem. Disc based games should always have 0x80 stored to 0x80003184 before booting.
ohmy.gif

Seems like you're right. Neogamma launched from the disc just fine. The only app I've tried (and I tried many) that is able to do so. I guess I should have tried it before...

Now to see if I can fix Cfg to do the same...

Edit: Yep, I just needed to enable the Sam and Max fix that we disabled ages ago because we weren't launching discs back then. I really should have thought of that on my own, seeing as I knew about the fix. Thanks heaps
grog.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I use R8 RC5 now ? is it stable ?? I have RC1 for now. So I am not sure if I should go to R8 RC5. Please let me know, thanks.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:
tueidj said:
ohmy.gif

Seems like you're right. Neogamma launched from the disc just fine. The only app I've tried (and I tried many) that is able to do so. I guess I should have tried it before...

Now to see if I can fix Cfg to do the same...

Edit: Yep, I just needed to enable the Sam and Max fix that we disabled ages ago because we weren't launching discs back then. I really should have thought of that on my own, seeing as I knew about the fix. Thanks heaps
grog.gif

The offset is for disc based games not for playing games from disc. You disabled it because it caused some cIOS revisions to fail(001 error) and which is why i consider these cIOS revisions as broken.

RockmanForte said:
Should I use R8 RC5 now ? is it stable ?? I have RC1 for now. So I am not sure if I should go to R8 RC5. Please let me know, thanks.

It should be more stable than RC1. In RC1 there should be Brawl+ and sd loading broken.

QUOTE(Levente @ Mar 14 2010, 01:12 PM)
What does DVD Read Error 1167 and 1142 mean?

I can't tell, DVD+R, bad disc, bad burn, bad .iso, bad drive, i really don't know what the numbers mean.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
RockmanForte said:

It should be more stable than RC1. In RC1 there should be Brawl+ and sd loading broken.

Thanks, WiiPower. Good job!!!!!!
smile.gif
yaywii.gif

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't run some original Gamecube discs. I tried original MIOS, Waninkokos and WiiGators cMIOS with RC3*-RC5.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does monster hunter tri work from neogamma? I have RC5 cIOS57r19 and cant seem to get it working via any method or loader posted on this site.

I also tried wiiflow loading ios 223 or 222 from xzxeros soft mod guide (hermes v4 im guessing).

very rare i cant get a game loading
frown.gif

Red steel 2 is freaking bad ass though!

Thanks for the great work WiiPower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok