New Dragon Quest Monsters game announced for Japan

dqm.jpg

Square Enix hosted an event celebrating the 20th anniversary of their Dragon Quest Monsters franchise, which started with the Game Boy Color spinoff game Dragon Warrior: Monsters. During the livestream, it was confirmed that Square Enix is currently working on a brand new Monsters game, specifically for consoles, starring the lead character and his sister from Dragon Quest XI; Erik and Mia. Nothing beyond the above concept art was shown, but it was revealed that the upcoming title will not be from the Joker series, which is the most recent entry. Since this was a Japanese-based announcement, no localization was discussed, though an official translation may be dubious due to the fairly recent Joker 3 and Terry's Wonderland 3D requiring fan-translations to be played in English.

:arrow: Source

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember the first two for gbc, they only gave 4 lettrs for naming. i recently stopped playing dq builders, now thats a great game

Reactions: BORTZ

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
YEEESSSS!!! HOPE IT COMES TO THE WEST!!!!
I'd love to play as XI kiddos. :3
(btw Mia is not a lead character in DQXI. she's Erik's sister but she never joins your party.)

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please bring back key worlds (oh, and also localize the game), Squeenix. I had so much fun as a kid exploring all the randomly-generated worlds in DQM2 (I think it was DWM2 back then). The discs in Joker 3 didn't do it for me. Also, no egg hatching.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
starring the lead character and his sister from Dragon Quest XI; Erik and Mia.
Would it be accurate to call Erik the lead? Your silent protag is the lead and Erik is one of six or seven party members you recruit along the way.

Makes me wonder why Erik in particular was chosen. All the other Monsters games, afaik, had their own separate characters and world.

Reactions: Glyptofane

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be accurate to call Erik the lead? Your silent protag is the lead and Erik is one of six or seven party members you recruit along the way.

Makes me wonder why Erik in particular was chosen. All the other Monsters games, afaik, had their own separate characters and world.
Dragon Quest Monsters
Story
The game begins with young Terry and Milly living peacefully in their house, in the days before Dragon Quest VI, when Terry and Milly were just children.
It totally fits the theme of the main series DQM having siblings, and in DQM2's case, each sibling being playable.

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

locokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I grew up with the original GBC DWM/DQM and this is great news! It was my entry to the DQ franchise. I bought DQ XI on the 3DS but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet so I don't know the characters.

Once I'm done with Mother 2, I know what I'll be playing next :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?