Goemon that game is the best game
biggrin.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Geomon demo is a fun minigame. I still wish it was the 3D Geomon 64 though :/

The surgery demo is just plain fun :3 Its like the Operation board game updated with anime :3 Though its based on an anime >.>
I really wanna import that one :3

The train your brain demo isnt too bad either, I only get the math part but its kinda fun drawing the numbers and stuff.
The weird japanese professor head renderd on the other screen is more or less very annoying though. He just starts luaghing and screaming out of no where, might as well be a horror game :wtf:
Well, hes mute, but still annoying.
If you wanna practice your math, this is actually a fun demo to try. Or if you just like math a bit.

This zelda trailer I havent seen yet, but everyone already knows that thats a good thing :3
But I think its pointless to load the zelda trailer and picture gallery on the NDS with anything but WiFiMe and sending it to your DS ddirectly. Using a GBA cart for something unplayable is a nuisance I think. Though the gallery looked pretty cool.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Darn it, when are we going to see a full game dumped other then Super Mario 64 DS?

Your guess is as good as mine. If these folks can dump E3 demos, what's stopping them from dumping commercial ROMs? I'd thought there'd be more protection at E3 than in 3 DS card's put together.
Downloadable demos can be "captured" using a compatible WiFi network adapter and setup (in other words, tricking the DS or Download Station into thinking your WiFi adapter is a DS and then transmitting the demo data to your computer). Which can then be converted back into binaries.

Commercial games need to be dumped off the actual cart, and as the encryption has not yet been broken 100% - we're not seeing any more dumps.

I'm just glad to see this much progress being made, heck, I'm not complaining. These demos finally give my NeoFlash some real usage and they're quite fun too.
smile.gif

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Darn it, when are we going to see a full game dumped other then Super Mario 64 DS?

Your guess is as good as mine. If these folks can dump E3 demos, what's stopping them from dumping commercial ROMs? I'd thought there'd be more protection at E3 than in 3 DS card's put together.
Downloadable demos can be "captured" using a compatible WiFi network adapter and setup (in other words, tricking the DS or Download Station into thinking your WiFi adapter is a DS and then transmitting the demo data to your computer). Which can then be converted back into binaries.

Commercial games need to be dumped off the actual cart, and as the encryption has not yet been broken 100% - we're not seeing any more dumps.

I'm just glad to see this much progress being made, heck, I'm not complaining. These demos finally give my NeoFlash some real usage and they're quite fun too.
smile.gif

Ah, I forgot how they were downloadable. Silly me!

What puzzles me the most though is how they dumped them FROM their Nintendo DS, and compiled them into a binary that is able to be read by an Nintendo DS...

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What puzzles me the most though is how they dumped them FROM their Nintendo DS, and compiled them into a binary that is able to be read by an Nintendo DS...
I don't think they did.
wink.gif
The E3 demos were captured from the E3 Demo Kiosk by some guy and his laptop, which was already configured to capture them before he entered E3. He probably just used his laptop in the Nintendo booth pretending he was typing up some E3 news or something, or was just sat around a corner.
laugh.gif

The Japanese demos are from kiosks outside some Japanese gaming stores AFAIK, so any shmo can download them. But some other games have an option to send a wireless demo to another DS in range, like Polarium. So they can be transmitted straight from your DS to your WiFi setup.
smile.gif

Hope all this clears up any confusion.
smile.gif

deduce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I already have downloaded these demos but I have to ask, is there any legal trouble if these are shared online. The reason I ask is because this would be a great way for people to be excited about the DS. These aren't full games and they normally can be freely downloaded to your DS from those download stations (which are still Japanese only). Also, these demos would encourage gamers to buy unique games for the DS that they might not typically look into.

Mainly, I want to know if it would be possible to host these files on a site (not that sites aren't already) just as other sites host PDroms. I'd love to be able to go to a site once in a while and try a new demo for the DS. I'm sure my DS would also appreciate being used for more than a Gameboy Advance SP+.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll say, Guru Guru is a very fun and unique that could ONLY be done on the DS, but what a WEIRD game! For those who having played it, you control with the digital pad a little man holding a NDS, running on top of a roof. On the bottom screen there's buttons that you can press that control a giant goofy-look robot in the background. You have to press the touch-pad buttons to make your robot attack the other giant robot. Incidentally, the guy controlling the other giant weird-looking robot is also on the roof and you and hit him & stuff. Sometimes he knocks your NDS out of your hands and the touchpad goes out and you can't control your giant, weird-looking robot until your have your character fetch it again. It's pretty strange.

While i'm at it, I might as well tell you the operation game is GROSS! Don't play it, ick!

The Zelda thing is cool, but is really only 16 screenshots with text.

Air Hockey is kinda boring, but Meteos is pretty neat.

Hmm, those are the only ones I've tried so far.

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll say, Guru Guru is a very fun and unique that could ONLY be done on the DS, but what a WEIRD game! For those who having played it, you control with the digital pad a little man holding a NDS, running on top of a roof. On the bottom screen there's buttons that you can press that control a giant goofy-look robot in the background. You have to press the touch-pad buttons to make your robot attack the other giant robot. Incidentally, the guy controlling the other giant weird-looking robot is also on the roof and you and hit him & stuff. Sometimes he knocks your NDS out of your hands and the touchpad goes out and you can't control your giant, weird-looking robot until your have your character fetch it again. It's pretty strange.

are you sure that's Guru Guru and not Goemon?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
It's hard to get the Zelda Trailer and Guru Guru Nagetoo..

As for all other e3 demos... Meteos is definatly the coolest. It was fun to play with Electroplankton for like 5 minutes or so. Goemon gets boring after a few minutes, it doesn't exactly make me go "Wow!!! I need this game".. More of, blah, wtf is this!?

deduce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody tried the Air Hockey game with Wario Ware Twisted in the GBA slot? Someone on a different forum was saying the game is being used as a rumble pack. Anyone want to test to see if it's true?

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Any huge Zelda fans in the UK should get the latest EDGE magazine. It has tons of great info and artwork of the new Zelda. Teh issuse even comes in a gold Tri-Force card sleeve and inside the issue has a huge poster of Link created in the style of the new game (/me wishes he didn;t sell djnaff h'es Cube.

Go out and get it, you wont be dissapointed!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: