• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New USA President!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally get it, I took it as curiosity :P

Re impeachment: Because it's more of a corruption in the family kind of deal. She might be willing to break the law as her husband did. It might not be her fault, but it's not helpful to her case either. While the law he broke was serious (perjury under oath), the reason he did it is "more or less understandable" (the air quotes are me saying I understand but don't agree). Again, Hillary had nothing to do with Bill's cheating and to paint the picture of her being affected or affecting that situation while letting Trump off recorded comments (both publicly and privately) stating intent to have sexual relations with other women (including implying with his daughter) whilst married is, in my opinion, hypocritical

Re emails: She deleted them, too, to try and hide the problem. She kept denying it was an issue when she should have gone to the government and admitted wrongdoing instead of pretending everything was fine. I can agree with that. Again, though, she didn't lie to the FBI and the mistruths she gave to the public were to save face, rather than anything with malicious intent

re DNC: Sure, both parties are corrupt and garbage mongering money grubbers, but the RNC didn't actively get in the way of democracy. Bernie Sanders was not given his fair shot at candidacy, and that is a direct threat to our democracy. I'm sure the RNC has done all sorts of shady things as well, but they didn't actively, unfairly, stop Trump Although his talk up to (and including) this point would make you believe that literally all odds were stacked against him, including during RNC and Presidental debates

Re Trump's comment on women: He's a bit of a chauvinistic flirter, but I haven't seen anything that makes me feel personally offended or like he won't respect women's rights. Hillary and her family actively hates authority figures who would lay down their lives for the country. I don't know much about DailyMail, but is it a UK tabloid or a legit publication? It reads as kind of click-bait-y, that's why I'm asking. I will say, though, that if it's true I'm not necessarily surprised, and that would be a valid reason to dislike her. I don't know if it's necessarily a reason for one to call her unfit for office, though

Re LGBT: Sure they all flop, but Clinton really has gone out of her way, even recently, to try to say as little as possible for those that are LGBT. While in 2013--before he would even run--Trump said he was for traditional marriage initially, but his "viewpoints were evolving" and that he was coming around to accept them. Good on him, I guess. His choice of Mike Pence as a VP kind of negates that statement, though, unless he evolution path follows a circle

Re Clinton body count: it sounds like a conspiracy but there's just so much coincidence... Again, I really, really don't want to be rude, but you're not really helping your case by linking me to an alternative news source that comes across as incredibly biased

Re Saudi Arabia: Business there and random politically donations are kinda different though. As much as I loathe to see no ban from them, it makes sense: they're a powerful country that can put a lot of the market in flux. Angering them would cause too many problems with what's going on already. Those are fair arguments, but doesn't explain why other countries he has ties with were also excluded

Re guns: ban machine guns all you want, but there shouldn't be a restrictive tax on defensive handguns. It's indirectly prohibitive to those trying to buy a firearm. I'd argue that the taxes used could be put towards better defense and police training in the first place, assuming people still buy the firearms

Re medicaide: it's already far too easy to get. How lenient does "low income-specific healthcare" have to be if one can make 40k/year and still qualify?! I personally am a huge believer in "healthcare as a human right, similar to what Denmark does

Re felons: If you're commiting a crime of a level of felony, you forfeit some of your rights as a citizen as punishment. I both agree and disagree. Yes, there needs to be a societal punishment for commiting a crime, but taking away voting rights isn't the answer. There is no negative impact on society; they can't commit a crime by voting for someone, no matter how twisted the ideals of the person they're voting for are (considering the ideals of the average person who has served a prison sentence in the past wouldn't be too far off from the national average, and 3rd party votes to "harmful" entities would be minimal anyway)

Re Russia: id rather be buddies with Russia than have someone who's antagonistic and may go to war with them. That depends on what the buddy "contract" entails. If it involves indirect manipulation of our government through suggestion or requesting aid in, for instance, putting President Assad back in power in Syria, I want no part of it
Thanks, I don't want anyone to feel like I have any ill intentions for them :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Daddy Trump is keeping his promises and doing 'em! He'll for sure do more than Obama while in the White House.
I remember when executive orders were seen as evil and unconstitutional. I guess that viewpoint got left behind in 2016

Wish I could voice my opinions and thoughts on politics like you do, unfortunately, I'm not that fearless given the animosity and backbiting.
Eh, I just don't care. I try to show compassion when talking to people regardless of who they are, unless they're going out of their way to be dicks for literally no reason

Reactions: Chary

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I don't want anyone to feel like I have any ill intentions for them :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I remember when executive orders were seen as evil and unconstitutional. I guess that viewpoint got left behind in 2016

Eh, I just don't care. I try to show compassion when talking to people regardless of who they are, unless they're going out of their way to be dicks for literally no reason

And trust me, I'm trying not to be a douche when it comes to discussing politics, but even then, I still feel like people will go after me, I don't know why, I just...ugh. IDK anymore.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And trust me, I'm trying not to be a douche when it comes to discussing politics, but even then, I still feel like people will go after me, I don't know why, I just...ugh. IDK anymore.
Don't worry so much. Worrying isn't going to stop people from judging you, it's just going to give you an ulcer

I'd enjoy hearing your opinions, as long as you're not rude about it. It's a lot better than some people can manage :P

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only get one life Randomizer, live it and say what you want.

And make even more enemies than I've already inadvertently made?:unsure:

Don't worry so much. Worrying isn't going to stop people from judging you, it's just going to give you an ulcer

I'd enjoy hearing your opinions, as long as you're not rude about it. It's a lot better than some people can manage :P

I'm not thinking straight, at all, as I got very little sleep last night, maybe I'll take a nap and try again later :P

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And make even more enemies than I've already inadvertently made?:unsure:

LOL I never understood why people got so upset about politics, even if you disagree with me, life is too short to burn bridges over something like that! (that's why I like to add a little satire ;), jokes bring people together or at least they should!)

If I have made enemies based on my views, than perhaps those people weren't so tolerant as they preach they are and I'm ok with it, for every enemy I make it seems another friend comes about.

Last edited by el_gonz87,
Reactions: Deleted-355425

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL I never understood why people got so upset about politics, even if you disagree with me, life is too short to burn bridges over something like that! (that's why I like to add a little satire ;), jokes bring people together or at least they should!)

If I have made enemies based on my views, than perhaps those people weren't so tolerant as they preach they are and I'm ok with it, for every enemy I make it seems another friend comes about.

Believe me, I have had people no longer want to be friends over trivial BS (it happened a few days ago, gonna save that for a blog). And I had one of my best friends tell me that some idiot unfriended her because she didn't agree with her political views. Tell me, what kind of shallow idiot unfriends someone over differences of opinion? As far as I'm concerned, if someone was really your friend, you wouldn't let such trivial BS to get in the way.

Exactly, I vote how I want to, and so do you and everybody else, don't get butthurt and rage when things don't go your way, and I'll do the same.

That's just the thing, when I do post, I try to be neutral, or at least, civil in what I stand for and my views, etc, and no matter what, it seems that people still conspire to make an example out of me for daring to have a different view.

Reactions: el_gonz87

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to see what fell out when you turn the world upside down.
laughing-tears.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: it's called the last ronin