Hacking News: New Stargate 3DS flashcart

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Eh... so please elaborate:

I put boot.firm on my Stargate 3DS and then I can use Luma? Because I did not try this yet... (also was not aware it worked that way)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to know what ntr is, if you have it installed or not, if not then you dont need to do anything, if you do again you need to know more about what ntr is and user already posted above how to do it.

this is not stargate this is ntr feature to boot.

all you need to know for the card to work is download its firmware files, copy to sd card, insert sd card into stargate, insert stargate to console and good to go.

if you have cfw or other features installed to your console then you need to read up on the cfw or what ever what features it has.
You need to sit down and let the adults talk, son. I know what it is, how it works, and how to flash it. I already have an AK2I with ntrboot. Thing is, that I roll my own and mine boots whatever is named sd:/ntrboot.firm. I do this so all I have to do to assist someone is to copy and paste a folder I have put together onto their SD card, pop in my ak2i, which will boot safeb9sinstaller (named ntrboot.firm) which in turn will boot boot.firm (luma) after the install is done. I homebrew a system in 2 minutes flat, with FBI, freeshop, latest commit of ftpd, and an SNES emulator, among other things.

I had a day 1 O3ds. I had a GW before Homebrew existed. I've played around with most CFWs out there (and the source code as well). Don't think I need to read much about CFW unless a new one comes out. :rolleyes:

What I was asking is how the SG team set up their card since they posted ZERO instructions on the ntr function, and they provided no tool or source (for inclusion in flashcart_core) to be able to flash your own ntrboot header. Indirectly, I already received my answer from @json, so there's no need for you to make an attempt at being smart. You're not.

Last edited by urherenow,
D

Deleted User

Put boot.firm on your SD card of the 3DS (Not Stargate 3DS microSD). You can use the Safe installer boot.firm to install Luma, or put the Luma boot.firm to boot direct to Luma.

Either works, but easiest is to install Luma since you don't need to hold the magnet anymore.

Reactions: BvanBart

BvanBart

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Put boot.firm on your SD card of the 3DS (Not Stargate 3DS microSD). You can use the Safe installer boot.firm to install Luma, or put the Luma boot.firm to boot direct to Luma.

Either works, but easiest is to install Luma since you don't need to hold the magnet anymore.

Ok, now I don't get 1 thing... How can I switch to Luma then? Or is it instead of the normal FW? And what role has the Stargate 3DS in here? (sorry for asking for the obvious...)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Correction: Easiest to install boot9Strap. But you can also install fastboot3DS if you want. Luma itself doesn't need to be "installed" unless you want to be able to boot it without an SD card, but you do that with a GodMode9 script (after boot9strap is already installed).

Ok, now I don't get 1 thing... How can I switch to Luma then? Or is it instead of the normal FW? And what role has the Stargate 3DS in here? (sorry for asking for the obvious...)
You don't "switch" to it. If you install Luma and boot9strap, then that's what will always be active when you turn on your console. The SG card lets you load DS roms and 3ds roms (.cia files are NOT roms).

Last edited by urherenow,

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can first try to boot godmode9 if you get confused by luma. Put the folder on the 3DS SD card, put the .firm on the 3DS SD and rename it to boot.firm.
Now you can either boot your 3DS normal which should start the normal menu or you can press the button combo and trigger the sleep mode and it will boot into godmode9.

Last edited by Technicmaster0,

Nicola72

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi to all,
is there any option, on stargate 3ds menu, to make a "nand backup" for security pourposes ?
Thanks for your time & patience,
Nicola.

P.S: today my stargate-3ds will be delivered to my address. I'm looking forward to use it

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi to all,
is there any option, on stargate 3ds menu, to make a "nand backup" for security pourposes ?
Thanks for your time & patience,
Nicola.

P.S: today my stargate-3ds will be delivered to my address. I'm looking forward to use it
Yes, if ntrboot is released and installed cfw for your device then yes.

Reactions: Nicola72

BvanBart

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, if ntrboot is released and installed cfw for your device then yes.

No? People really should stop to give false information!
Stargate has and will never have "Nand backup" or write access. For this you will need custom firmware.
Stargate however can be used to install that custom firmware.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Stargate has and will never have "Nand backup" or write access. For this you will need custom firmware.
i said if they released ntrboot for that card and you install CFW from that card.

installed cfw for your device then yes.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You kinda can. You can boot godmode9 with the ntrboot feature of the stargate.

i said if they released ntrboot for that card and you install CFW from that card.
It supports ntrboot: http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-list-of-ntrboot-compatible-flashcards.492234/

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to sit down and let the adults talk, son. I know what it is, how it works, and how to flash it. I already have an AK2I with ntrboot. Thing is, that I roll my own and mine boots whatever is named sd:/ntrboot.firm. I do this so all I have to do to assist someone is to copy and paste a folder I have put together onto their SD card, pop in my ak2i, which will boot safeb9sinstaller (named ntrboot.firm) which in turn will boot boot.firm (luma) after the install is done. I homebrew a system in 2 minutes flat, with FBI, freeshop, latest commit of ftpd, and an SNES emulator, among other things.

I had a day 1 O3ds. I had a GW before Homebrew existed. I've played around with most CFWs out there (and the source code as well). Don't think I need to read much about CFW unless a new one comes out. :rolleyes:

What I was asking is how the SG team set up their card since they posted ZERO instructions on the ntr function, and they provided no tool or source (for inclusion in flashcart_core) to be able to flash your own ntrboot header. Indirectly, I already received my answer from @json, so there's no need for you to make an attempt at being smart. You're not.

you open your quote like this then end it like that.

its pointless mentioning how to boot it when its main audience are users running default firmware, it states that it is compatible with if installed and to use said features refer to ntr, it was later found it also worked on some (not all) cfw's.

if you have a basic console then you cant boot it, so its pointless mentioning a feature that is not SG in its guide because it will confuse users.

if you needed more info on how to xyz then refer to the set up guide for ntr, but if you had bothered to look there are videos that show you this.

so WOW you have modded other 3DS consoles in the past, take a seat and chill out, SG is one of the simplest cards to use so i dont understand your confusion.

SolidSnake120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not responding sooner. My stargate decided to start running fine with 3ds games. not sure what the problem was previously but it works now lol

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have a basic console then you cant boot it, so its pointless mentioning a feature that is not SG in its guide because it will confuse users.

Again, you need to sit back, shut up, and let the adults talk. Maybe pay attention and learn something, because you have no clue what you're talking about. If you had half a brain, it would be enlightening instead of confusing, because yes you can put it into a basic console and hack it. It has ntrboot built-in. The lack of instructions (which I don't need) is what I was complaining about (because of users like you), but it IS a feature and one of the main selling points to begin with.

Pull your head out of your ass.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Again, you need to sit back, shut up, and let the adults talk. Maybe pay attention and learn something, because you have no clue what you're talking about. If you had half a brain, it would be enlightening instead of confusing, because yes you can put it into a basic console and hack it. It has ntrboot built-in. The lack of instructions (which I don't need) is what I was complaining about (because of users like you), but it IS a feature and one of the main selling points to begin with.

Pull your head out of your ass.
Put him on your ignore list

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the packaging. I miss the days of flashcarts, in the sense that we dont really "need" them anymore. But the DS had no internal memory to store things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1