Next Smash Bros. Dropping Cutscenes Because Of Online Uploads

Slamicite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't care about the cutscenes, but that they actually explicitly told that there will be no cutscenes is stupid. There is no reason why you would tell features being removed rather than what is being added. You'd tell good things being added to create hype and then when the game is released it can be judged as a whole. Saying what is being removed creates bad opinions since what is being added or removed is the only way to judge a game which has so little information out, whereas simply not saying it would go unnoticed once the game becomes available, provided that it's good.

The fact that they gave such a crazy reason is even more ridiculous, as people are likely to disagree with a decision if they see a bad argument made for it.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
this is bullshit this is all because Smash Brothers BRAWL's cutscenes were leaked a year before the game was unvelied. (so they pulled an EA [Mass effect 3 ending leak])

I say this is just borderline laziness and they know it.

fewer characters [possibly DLC bullshit for the missing roster]
no story mode or CG scenes
Wii Fit Trainer

what was a day one pre-order has possibly turned into a major PASS or second hand purchase for me.

RedCoreZero

Creativity is Power
Banned
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United States
They can always take it down anyways... -_- They pissed me off with the whole one year wait. They said that they would be focusing on third party if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure they also said that it would be able to cross-play (but that doesn't matter, much). They said all the characters from brawl wouldn't return, because of "time", if that were true, then why not make downloadable DLC?
I was glad when Brawl mods came, it gave it more replay value, I hope it happens with the Wii U too.

I didn't expect it to have a story mode, just an adventure, I knew this was going to happen anyways.The story wasn't really great either, I liked it a lot, but the adventure part was the reason it was actually good. Still, lame excuse Sakuria!

I also doubt that stickers will return and especially be customizable outside of Adventure since he's focusing on gameplay mostly.And since he's focusing on gameplay I expect it to be better than melee and flawless. I also expect the 3DS version to be very customizable.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what?

yeah Smash Brothers BRAWL cutscenes were leaked a year before the game was ready for market. Looks like Nintendo is still buthurt about it

or just saw an opportunity to be lazy

First the Wii-U (need I do any explaining there?)

Then Nintendo fucking over LP'ers who promote their games

Now Nintendo is shutting out japanese indie developers

and finally this.

I think Nintendo needs to fire the individual in charge for Public Relations. you can't have a PUBLIC. *RELATIONSHIP* if you keep making the public angry.

If Nintendo keeps this up. They are going to have a public opinion rating on par to Microsoft.

Reactions: hhs

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
How is a game "not" having a feature that nobody cared about front page news (*coughNSMBUthread*)?

GBATemp is quickly reaching Kotaku status.
Because some people do care about it, it's gaming news, and this is a gaming website. Are you seriously complaining because the front page is finally being actively updated after going through week long bursts, if not longer, of nothing over the past couple of years? Not all news will be what you deem to be important. Get over it.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
I am reminded of that Easter Egg that happens when you play WarioWare: Twisted! and WarioWare: Touched! in the same console. The description said that it's not even on the Internet yet!

Reactions: Joe88

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Everything ends up on the internet. Why even make games at all, I mean it will just end up on that internet!

This excuse is so poor, I thought this was a quote from Microsoft.

Reactions: Slamicite

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised how many people are getting their panties in a twist about this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Smash Bros was about, you know, fighting, but hey, I'm wrong about a lot of things. I'm surprised people decide whether or not they buy a game on whether or not they have cut scenes. What's next, people won't buy a console for not having blast processing?

Oy vey.

RedCoreZero

Creativity is Power
Banned
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm still going to get this game, I know Sonic is going to be left out.But, I'm sure many characters won't be left out, I know the ones I use will return.Even if more shit happens:

mybody.jpg

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo are being dicks lately, first cutting off Japanese Indie developers now this, seriously, lighten up, you WiiU isn't selling and you are facing competition from other parts of Asia (There are developers from Taiwan to even as far as Vietnam and Singapore participating in TGS). Horrible business decisions all around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.