• Replies 284
  • Likes 1

ldave

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi there,
I'm planning to buy a 3DS XL this holiday season and I have my eyes on the limited edition white one with Mario Kart. I have just one question about it, isn't it a bit strange or distraction that the border around the screens is white? All my previous handhelds are black (DSi, PSP) so I don't have any experience with other colors.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious, so what is the largest capacity of SD that the 3DS firmware currently supports?

For that matter, what is the fastest speed that the handheld can support? Reason I ask is because I didn't think it would be a problem regarding just getting the fastest card possible, until I first attempted using a 4GB class 10 on my Wii, and how it bugged out with it, until eventually half my data was corrupted :(

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious, so what is the largest capacity of SD that the 3DS firmware currently supports?

For that matter, what is the fastest speed that the handheld can support? Reason I ask is because I didn't think it would be a problem regarding just getting the fastest card possible, until I first attempted using a 4GB class 10 on my Wii, and how it bugged out with it, until eventually half my data was corrupted :(
officially, nintendo says 32GB, but somebody formatted a 128GB card to FAT32 and it worked

sethirion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have an important question:
Does a pre-installed game transfer from one 3DS to another with a game already installed?
I.e. You have the bundle of red 3DS with Super Mario 3D Land game installed, and you get a 3DS XL bundle with a pre-installed game also (like Animal Crossing), will Super Mario 3D Land be transferred AND get to keep the Animal Crossing from the 3DS XL?

I see that in the web page of Nintendo they explicity said that "pre-installed applications will be copied to system B", and that "... al downloaded games transfer to system B"; however they explicitly say to apps "downloaded" and pre-installed like different thing.

Just a thing that many of my friends asked me but I have not the opportunity to do so.
Edit:
I remember that Nintendo does not have yet the link between games license and any kind of account (ala Gamertag), that makes me wonder even more about the transfer utility.

RikuCrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS console is released many years ago. Now what do i want to know the the best flash cards? The R4i gold 3DS deluxe edtion? the Gateway 3DS? or something?

With the recent news of bricks and consoles being rendered inoperable, most people here would advise against using a flashcard for the time being.

cabal_man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is the biggest size of SD card I can use on the original 3DS and is there any special steps needed to use ones bigger than 32GB (The official maximum supported size)

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone can show me where I can find the thread that show how to distinguish between IPS and cheaper screen on N3DS XL? Can't find it myself.

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know the max speed of the 3ds as far as sd card speeds go? I'm debating on getting a sandisk extreme or ultra. If it bottlenecks I dont want to spend the extra money on the extreme if it won't do me any good. Thanks in advance

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Anyone know the max speed of the 3ds as far as sd card speeds go? I'm debating on getting a sandisk extreme or ultra. If it bottlenecks I dont want to spend the extra money on the extreme if it won't do me any good. Thanks in advance
3ds operation speeds are bottlenecked well below any decent sd card read/write speeds. (except non-sequential writes, but most cards don't advertise/rate this performance)

However, PC read/write speeds aren't bottlenecked of course and can be a big help when moving large game files back and forth.

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds operation speeds are bottlenecked well below any decent sd card read/write speeds. (except non-sequential writes, but most cards don't advertise/rate this performance)

However, PC read/write speeds aren't bottlenecked of course and can be a big help when moving large game files back and forth.
Ah I see. Thanks for the quick response!

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Does the New 3ds and regular 3ds have the same type of battery? Thanks for answering. My new 3ds's battery is acting up and I would need a replacement soon.

DerpMC_Haxx

Dank Memes R Life
Trophies
XP
Country
I like this one better

I would merge the Two topics with questions that are on the other topic

then instead of the Fake DS Concept on the top put another section

(FAQ #). I Found the 3DS!!1
A. No you didn't, if it looks anything like these then its NOT it
*Lists Links to the Different Fan Concepts*

What website did you use to create the gamer card pls

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does the New 3ds and regular 3ds have the same type of battery? Thanks for answering. My new 3ds's battery is acting up and I would need a replacement soon.
I NEED a new 3ds battery and i am wondering where i could buy one. Knowing i live in france, where could i buy one?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Gamelogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a question: is there a difference in color between the New 3DS XL/LL US "black" version and JAP "metallic black" version? Sometimes the promo images make them similar in tone...or maybe my eyesight is horrible lol.

Last edited by Gamelogic,

vozuh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you pre install games on a nintendo 3ds/2ds?

on ebay i sell people selling nintendos 3ds/2ds with like 60 games pre installed on a sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello