insidexdeath

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mario Kart 7′s Maka Wuhu course contains a pretty significant issue. A glitch has been discovered in the track that allows players to skip a big chunk of the course.
Users were hoping that Nintendo would introduce a patch of some sort to fix the problem. The company hasn’t provided an official response, but NOA’s customer service support says that “there are no plans to update the game”. They explained that “doing so would create an unfair advantage for the users of the original release of the game.”
Nintendo of America’s Buddy Roemer said:
“Thanks for your patience in waiting for a response during this busy time of year. We are aware that it is possible to navigate a certain part of the track in Wuhu Island in a way that allows a large part of the course to be bypassed. There are no plans to update the game to remove this shortcut as doing so would create an unfair advantage for the users of the original release of the game. Rest assured your comments have been added to our records for Mario Kart 7.”

Source: http://nintendoevery...ka-wuhu-glitch/

D

Deleted-236924

"An unfair advantage for the users of the original release of the game"?
Bullshit. Now it's going to be "an unfair advantage for everyone."

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The way to bypass the "unfair advantage" is to create a check for the matchmaking service to make sure users have the same game version. in time there'll be less players around with v1.0 forcing them to update to enjoy the game :)

Reactions: 1 person

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would think if nothing else they could just block it on the online server side. Last race I was in, half the people picked it. Granted, I suck at MK,so probably doesn't make much of a difference in my case.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

What a load of crock. All they have to do is force an update upon everyone who plays online and there will be no "unfair advantage".

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to happens on my Japanese version of MK7. I hope they patch it. I won't choose Maka Wuhu on wifi anymore.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
In all honestly, I think the representative responding to this is not thinking about a patch, but an update that would be released as part of the new batches that sit on store shelves. They've updated games like this before, but this would be a first that was heavy on online play, so going that route to update would not be an option because that would "create an unfair advantage for the users of the original release of the game" who have the glitch available to them.

Considering Nintendo acknowledged that the eShop would be capable of supplying game patches/updates, I don't see why they couldn't do that.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since when does one stupid employee = whole of Nintendo? lol I'm sure this will be patched up in the near future.

If anything, people should email Nintendo of Japan, NOA can't act or decide anything. They follow orders from NOJ.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe