Nintendo customer service: No plans to patch Maka Wuhu glitch MK7

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
personally I think that 'unfair' = late buyers will not be able to "enjoy" the glitch that the early buyers get to enjoy. I don't care anyway, because I hardly play Maka Wuhu

And yes. NoA has somehow like a puppet; it just largely follows NoJ

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Considering Nintendo acknowledged that the eShop would be capable of supplying game patches/updates, I don't see why they couldn't do that.
Possibly there's no system to allow patches for retail games. The patches/updates would only be for eShop games?
Nope, they stated retail games as well.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...am I the only one who thinks "Mortal Kombat 7" when I see MK7, rather than thinking of the plumbers?

that's nothing new there's been ways to skip half the course since mariokart 64 :creep:
...those are DESIGNED shortcuts, not noclipping through the course like a boss.
so your telling me the wario course jumping over the wall and completing the whole course in under a 2 minutes was put it deliberately? :creep:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...am I the only one who thinks "Mortal Kombat 7" when I see MK7, rather than thinking of the plumbers?

that's nothing new there's been ways to skip half the course since mariokart 64 :creep:
so your telling me the wario course jumping over the wall and completing the whole course in under a 2 minutes was put it deliberately? :creep:
That I did not know of. Thanks for the info, a bit late though. ;P

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i saw in the N64 stratgy guide that the ghost record was 7 secs i mean wtf?!?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo doesn't understand patches. very rarely do games get updates, they are a few for the wii, but its all silent updates and doesn't really fix much.

glitches are a good part of the game. i loved finding a glitch as a kid, im sure everyone remembers glitch hunting at some point.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
What they mean is "we don't know how to patch it OTA"
the thing is, they may not have thought of implementing Add-Ons for Mario Kart 7. a simple add-on that launches alongside the game, loads the Maka Wuhu track and patches it on the fly while loading. this way, only those playing with non-updated Wuhu tracks won't be able to join that specific race.

on the thought of them saying something along the lines of "unfair to those who bought the original games", they might be thinking the solution is to patch the game and reprint those new patched versions, meaning a 1.2v republished cartridge. if Nintendo did that, then it would be "unfair to those who bought the original games", as they'd have to resort to buying the new version.

that's... ridiculous though. i really thought we were past the republished DS games.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintndo's need to have so called "perfect games" and not be updatable is once again biting them in the ass

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Believe it or not, I've never played that level online.

I've known about the glitch for a while, and did it in the 150cc just to try it out, and see it in action.

I say, if you can't beat them, join them. If everyone is able to use the glitch, technically it's equal for everyone. Obviously a patch would be better, but if people are going to pick a broken level, you might as well use the shortcut everyone else is using.

Reactions: 1 person

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whoever let that slip probably got shot, that's how Nintendo rolls, there are no bugs. XD

And I highly doubt this is getting patched. After all, we ARE talking about Nintendo.

D

Deleted_171835

I say, if you can't beat them, join them. If everyone is able to use the glitch, technically it's equal for everyone. Obviously a patch would be better, but if people are going to pick a broken level, you might as well use the shortcut everyone else is using.
No, that just makes you an asshole like the rest of them.

Reactions: 2 people

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
If they patched Skyward Sword, why the hell can't they fix the damn track? Nintendo is just damn lazy. Any other developer would've had a solution by now.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they patched Skyward Sword, why the hell can't they fix the damn track? Nintendo is just damn lazy. Any other developer would've had a solution by now.
You fail to realize that they're different systems. The Zelda patch just gives you a new save game which gets pats the part(I think).

This is not a save-related bug

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sure it does... then go ahead and play fair. Lose VR over a glitch that isn't your fault, lol.

If everyone has the ability to do it, it's fair. Sure it's shitty and they should fix it, but everyone has the option to use it.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

Sure it does... then go ahead and play fair. Lose VR over a glitch that isn't your fault, lol.

If everyone has the ability to do it, it's fair. Sure it's shitty and they should fix it, but everyone has the option to use it.
I MUST BECAUSE I WILL LOSE SUCH PRECIOUS VR!

If everyone has the ability to use noclip in a FPS game, it's fair. Sure it's shitty and they should fix it, but everyone has the option to use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OvD30K-KN3k