Nintendo Direct - February 9 - Chrono Cross remaster, new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC

It's time for a Direct. Sit down, get your hype train tickets ready, and let's see what's going on at Nintendo.

First revealed is a new Fire Emblem Warriors game, based on Three Houses. It's titled Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. It features Dimitri, Edelgard, and Claude. June 24, 2022 launch. Takes place in the same universe as Three Houses.

Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp gets some new footage. Voice acting for all the characters is available. There's a fast forward button and a turn reset for when you make mistakes. You can create custom maps, or battle friends with your army over online and local multiplayer. April 8 launch.

No Man's Sky is coming to the Switch. Summer release.

Mario Strikers Battle League is the revival of the Mario Strikers series. A violent soccer game where you can decimate your foes with electric fences, power ups, and tackles. This game has equipment you can give to your characters. Hyper strikes now require you to grab an orb on the field. You can score two goals at once. It has up to 8 player multiplayer. Online play is available, along with a ranked mode. You can create a soccer club with your friends to play against other ranked teams. Launches June 10.

Splatoon is up next. There's a new boss. You can throw eggs into a goal net to win. Splatoon 3 Salmon Runn: Next Wave. This is the new co-op mode for the upcoming Splatoon game. The game still lacks a solid release date, but will be out this summer.

Front Mission 1st is a remake of the SRPG Front Mission. Releases this summer as well. Front Mission 2 is also getting remade. The first game is from the Super Famicom.

Next is a Disney themed racing kart game. Mickey, Mulan, and Sully are in the game. Each character has special power ups and karts. Disney Speedstorm.

Star Wars the Force Unleased. Has enhanced motion controls compared to the Wii version. Launches April 20th.

Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection is also headed to the Switch. All three of the ACII trilogy is included. Has Switch exclusive features like HD rumble and touch screen controls. Launches Feb 17.

SD Gundam Battle Alliance lets you play as three mobile suits and fight bad guys. It has online co-op. Launches this year.

Chrono Cross is getting remastered for the Switch. Includes the text based Radical Dreamers game. April 7 release.

The new Kirby game has some new footage. Now Kirby can use mouthful mode where he doesn't fully absorb things, but can still use them. Like eating a car and driving a car-Kirby around, or consuming a vending machine. You can take exisiting copy abilities and make them better by expanding their range and power. March 25.

MLB The Show 22 is on the Switch.

Kingdom Hearts is coming to the Switch, but only as cloud streaming versions. Tomorrow.

Klonoa is back. A remaster of both 1 and 2. Launches July 8th.

Portal: Companion Collection. Has both Portal 1 and 2, with 2 having online and local co-op. Available this year.

Live A Live is also getting a remaster. This is the first time it's coming to the west. It's in HD 2D like Octopath. July 22.

Wii Sports is getting a sequel. Switch Sports has tennis, bowling, chambara, and three new sports: soccer, There's a shootout mode. Badminton. Volleyball, too. Local and online. Random matchmaking is a feature as well. April launch, with a free update coming out later that offers golf.

There's going to be an online playtest for Switch Sports from Feb 18-20.

The new Taiko no Tatsujin is headed west and onto the Switch. Megalovania is in this game and the Zelda theme. There's new concert mode for four players at once. There's also a VS mode. Taiko Rhythm Festival is out this year. You can pay monthly to access over 500 songs.

Triangle Strategy has some new story content to show. There's a demo that goes up to chapter 3, and your progress will carry over to the full game.

Cuphead's Delicious Last Course DLC will be on the Switch, adding a new playable character and new levels on June 30th.

Metroid Dread is getting a one-hit mode. Dread Mode and Rookie Mode are coming to the game. Launches today. A further update adds a boss rush mode, coming April.

Switch Online is getting something new. EarthBound. EarthBound Beginnings, too, which was previously only on the Wii U in the west.

Zombie Army 4, GetsuFumaDen, Demon Slayer, LEGO Brawls, Two Point Campus. All third party upcoming games.

Mario Kart news. Paid DLC is coming to MK8 Deluxe, featuring older games' courses. Coconut Mall is shown. Booster Course Pass has 6 waves of new courses, 8 in each courses, launching through 2023. $24.99 for the whole pass. It's free for Switch Online Expansion users.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is the final reveal. September 2022 launch.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 3!!! YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
My fucking god that's awesome! I never did finish X, so I can't recognise elements from that, but seeing High Entia, a possible Faced Mechon, Gormotti, and all that...oh my god. Can't wait for Sep 2022! YEEEEAAAAHHH!!!

Fire Emblem Warriors; hopefully it's not just female Byleth in the game, and male Byleth is there too. If he is, then awesome, I'll get it; if he's not, hard pass because that's just appalling, leaving the male option out for no reason.

Chrono Cross was an unexpected surprise, I have to say. Portal's a must-buy, for me; great duology of puzzle games.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
My putting off playing Crono Cross despite thinking Chrono Trigger is the best game of all time is finally rewarded.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Most of these digital only Square Enix titles end up with physical Asia region (not Japan) versions that include English language. You can import these from sites like Playasia or wait for Amazon Marketplace sellers to have them. I got Dragon Quest I, II, III Collection and SaGa Frontier this way.
Good to know, thank you! 😅

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good amount of stuff in this direct, though even with the stuff I did enjoy seeing there was issues. Super stoked that there's a new Strikers game coming out, but it didn't show much that made me excited. "Switch" Sports was cool that we can play Wii Sports again, but the characters were weird, granted you can still use Miis which makes me happy. Kirby, cool, AC, cool, Portal, very cool, and Mario Kart? Mario Kart I feel like it's both nice that you can just get a DLC so you don't need to buy a whole new game. Especially since this Mario Kart was so "definitive" or so it felt, but it feels weird this long after the game releasing to suddenly release that and only more courses, and nothing else. Will I still enjoy the more courses? Heck yes! Is everything still subject to change? Probably and hopefully, I wanna see how amazing everything can be once they fully release.

Ajlr

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This...is one of the best Directs I've ever seen. Super hyped for Chrono Cross, Live A Live, Mario Strikers, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Splatoon 3, Advance Wars 1 & 2, Switch Sports, Portal, No Man's Sky etc. And my prayer has been answered, EarthBound and EarthBound Beginnings are finally on Switch Online!!!

Last edited by Ajlr,

Lunar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy about Xenoblade 3, and the MK tracks look so cool. Earthbound shows Nintendo actually listens to the fans, although I don't think they will any more because everyone went "cool I guess, but where's Mother 3????". Nintendo is sure as hell not gonna spend all that time translating that game to English on top of releasing a GBA game launcher for the subscription to accommodate one game. I had to turn off that YouTube chat cause so many people were bitching about every single game they announced.

mr_switch

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
First seconds of gameplay looks too good to be true. Later parts are showing downgraded visuals
Maybe it is transition from docked to portable mode:rofl2:
But I seriously hope they pull off another miracle port, this space exploration game has been on my radar for quite a while now.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So pretty much nothing really but more of the same and more old and inferior ports and paid content for old ports.

Sorry, but where is this so called better third party support nintendont promised because if you mean the same as usual, old ports off consoles before that we already own or can buy for next to nothing, isnt any different from your last consoles - which you also promised better third party support.

Nintendont need to focus on making new games than finding who they can send their legal dogs and try file for millions in "damages".

Id guess nintendont make more money from buying out the legal system and recycling its old games, maybe in a few years theyll announce its new console with the promise of better third party support aka you'll get a chance to play its same old recycled games in 4k and all the great third party games they lacked again.

But have to LOL at Mario strikers and its so called violent soccer game claim....

Reactions: SilverWah

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
I mentioned this earlier on YouTube, but there something fishy about the Booster Course Pass.

Although they are offering 48 tracks, everything shown so far feels really off. the design of the tracks are too simplistic compared to everything else made for Mario Kart 8, some are straight up copy and paste from Mario Kart Tour, and the art style (which also seems to be from Tour) doesn't match the game at all, the differences when compared to the 48 tracks in the base game is jarring.

I have a theory that everything this season pass will feature were originally made for Mario Kart Tour (some of the courses shown so far have been datamined in Tour some time ago, Coconut Mall was one of them), and they will eventually release these on Tour. but they will be dumping them on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as a cash grab. There is no other reason for these tracks to look like a mobile game.

They clearly choose quantity over quality, and that's a really bad sign.

Reactions: tastymeatball

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm torn on many occasions. On one hand, I'm excited for MK8D tracks. On the other, I don't even own the game, since I'm only willing to spend $35 CAD on it while the cheapest people are selling it for is $70+. Not to mention the cost of the DLC will also be $35, making it a $70 investment AT BEST. Buying it new for $90 would make it $125 altogether. I'm not willing to spend that much on a Mario Kart I already bought on Wii U and didn't even play more than a couple times.

As well, Switch Sports looks fun, but none of my friends are going to get it, much like Clubhouse 51, and I suspect it will also be a full priced game, so... Idk, would you pay $90 for Wii Sports?

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
After all those lame ports they announced, they announced Xenoblade chronicles 3 at the end like it's nothing? This is the best game on the Switch Nintendo, at least make the announcement special.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe