Nintendo Direct - September 13 - new Fire Emblem, Pikmin 4, Kirby's Return to Dream Land DX announced

Get yourself ready for a Nintendo Direct. 40 minutes of Nintendo-focused goodness is on the way, with plenty of announcements of upcoming games to be revealed. Tune in and watch live, or keep an eye on this thread to see everything that gets shown during the Direct.

It begins with Fire Emblem. We see a reed and blue-haired protagonist, along with Marth. The game is called Fire Emblem Engage. The main character is a fell dragon, and you can summon previous protagonists from the Fire Emblem series. Launches January 20, 2023.

A Divine Edition of the game will be available, and comes with a steelbook, artbook, and other goodies.

It Takes Two heads to the Switch. You can play online, local split-screen, or on two consoles locally. Launches November 4th.

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse will head west early next year.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is getting wave 2 of its expansion pass. There's a new hero who you can recruit. Challenge battles will be added, which reward you with items and costumes. Launches October 13th.

SpongeBob is getting a new 3D platformer. Spongebob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake.

Fitness Boxing of the North Star is an exercise game based on the anime series, out March 2023

Oddballers and Tunic are coming to the Switch.

We get to see the Front Mission remakes again. This will be the first time Front Mission 2 releases in the west officially. The first remake is out November, the second is out next year, while Front Mission 3 is also getting remade.

Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life is a remake of the classic Harvest Moon game. The characters will visibly age over the years. Launches Summer next year.

The first Splatfest has been confirmed for Splatoon 3: what would you bring to a deserted island? Takes place this month, from the 23rd to the 25th. More updates are on the way.

There's a Square Enix game next--it's Octopath Traveller 2. The "HD 2D" style returns, with a new collection of characters. Paths will change depending on day or night. As before, there are 8 stories. Launches Feb 24, 2023.

Fae Farm is another farm sim style game, with magic spells and combat. Has local and online multiplayer. Spring 2023, Nintendo exclusive.

Theaterhythm: Final Bar Line heads to the Switch. 385 songs across the Final Fantasy series, with 2 player coop, or 4 player multibattle. Feb 16. Includes Nier, Live A Live, and Octopath Traveller songs as well as DLC.

Rabbids are here again. Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope releases on October 20th.

Rune Factory 3: Special brings the DS game to the Switch. A new Rune Factory game is also on the way.

Pilotwings 64, Mario Party 1, 2, 3, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, 1080 Snowboarding, Excitebike 64, are all on the way to the NSO service through the next year.

Goldeneye will also be coming soon, with online play.

Another SE JRPG. It's called Various Daylife. It's out later today.

Factorio is coming to the Switch. October 28th.

A spooky horror RPG called Ib will be out this Spring.

Mario Strikers: Battle League adds Pauline and Diddy Kong in a free update. New gear and another stadium are on the way, later this month.

Atelier Ryza 3 will be on the Switch. Feb 24th.

Wave 3 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe expansion shows us new-old tracks. Merry Mountain from Tour, Peach Gardens from DS, and more. It'll be out this holiday.

Nintendo Switch Sports gets a highlight, revealing the return of golf. Has 8 player online mode. The update has been pushed back to the holiday season.

Miyamoto is here for a special announcement. He's talking about the Super Mario movie and Super Nintendo World.

He's explaining Niantic's Pikmin Bloom mobile game.

Pikmin 4 is finally here, with a brief teaser. Comes out next year.

Ubisoft is here to dance. Just Dance 2023.

Harvestella is a farm sim, but it's from Square Enix. Epic RPG meets farming. Launches November 4th.

Bayonetta time. There's new allies and enemies. Bayonetta 3 launches on October 28th. A gameplay trailer will be posted after the Direct.

The creator of Danganronpa has a new detective game called Raincode. Switch timed exclusive, out this Spring.

Resident Evil Village will be on the Switch...through the cloud. Resident Evil 2 and 3 will also head to the Switch via cloud streaming later this year.

Sifu is coming to the Switch. It's here November 8th.

Crisis Core remaster will be headed to the Switch, and it'll be out December 13th.

Radiant Silvergun is back, and on the Switch. It's also out today.

Endless Dungeon is a roguelike with heroes and quests, and three player online coop. Comes out next year.

Tales of Symphonia is getting a remaster, on the Switch. Early 2023.

Life is Strange, Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song, LEGO Bricktales, Disney Speedstorm, and other third party games are shown.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe announced. There's new minigames to play, too, as well as classic ones. 4 player local coop and versus. February 24, 2023.

This is the final trailer of the day:

It's time for another look at BOTW 2. It's subtitled Tears of the Kingdom. Launches May 12, 2023.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I watched the Nintendo Direct from the beginning, I thought it was mediocre and felt disappointed at first. But...oh my fucking god, I was BLOWN AWAY. New Fire Emblem game, Kirby Return To Dreamland Remaster, Pikmin 4, Tales of Symphonia Remaster, Atelier Ryze 3, the next Zelda game, Radiant Silvergun and Goldeneye 007 on Switch Online (And I think a couple of others I forgot?). It might as well be my favourite Direct after the February one. Too many JRPGs though, especially remasters. Square Enix, what the fuck are you thinking!?

Hundder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nobody is speaking about Story of season a wonderful life. Harvest Moon a wonderful life is one of my favourite games. I do hope that people will give this remake a chance

Reactions: k7ra

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
or i could get a ok laptop from walmart. just needs to emualte PS2

Why PS2? Aren't fallout 3 and NV released for PS3? Or are you just setting that as a benchmark to handle playing the PC versions?

Laptops are no more disposable than a steamdeck or a desktop needing a MB/CPU/RAM/GPU upgrade. At least with a laptop you can still have utility after you stop playing games on it. Who goes out in public with a steamdeck anyway? For NV? That's overkill with extra cringe.

Aserl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never thought I would live in the universe where Mario Party 1 & 3 would ever be re-released but I'm glad I live in that universe. I guess I can stop using my Wii U now! /joke

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Seriously this direct was like 80% RPG games ... not against rpgs, but too many shown, there was little diversity in here, poor metroid prime, even pikmin 4 gets the announcement first and probably will release first lol.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why PS2? Aren't fallout 3 and NV released for PS3? Or are you just setting that as a benchmark to handle playing the PC versions?

Laptops are no more disposable than a steamdeck or a desktop needing a MB/CPU/RAM/GPU upgrade. At least with a laptop you can still have utility after you stop playing games on it. Who goes out in public with a steamdeck anyway? For NV? That's overkill with extra cringe.
PS2 for Persona 3 FES, Sonic Hero's, and some other PS2 games and some gamecube ones as well. Fallout 3, NV, and 4 for testing out TTW preformance and heavily modded installs.

I like my games how i like my bitches. Modded to hell and back.

Reactions: Aserl and tabzer

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly Remake and port to Switch from old console. That's suck no fighting arcade like Street Fighter or Tekken also Would like to see add-on to Crusin' Blast DLC 3 classics series of Crusin' to the Blast

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ha, my brain completely disregarded the year lol. December 2023 would be a double kick to the nuts.

Prime 1 Remake would be ok (as long as I can still pair Wiimotes jk) Couldn't give a shit for Kirby and I have easy access to WW/TP on WiiU :D but if Nintendo were to add extra content for those Zelda ports then I'd be all over it.

Still hoping for a LBW port to Switch, feels like an easy port for Nintendo imo and I think it would sell well.

I'd say that Samus Returns is the one that needs a Switch port. I don't know why the heck Nintendo opted to release it on the 3DS at that point when the Switch was already a thing when it released.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
At least with a laptop you can still have utility after you stop playing games on it. Who goes out in public with a steamdeck anyway? For NV? That's overkill with extra cringe.
By that logic any portable console is overkill and cringe, phones can both play games and be used for utility. Dumb gatekeeping.

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very excited for Fitness Boxing of the North Star.

More so than the new fire emblem. It looks very spin-off-y. MC feels cartoony and generic, like in Warriors. They recycled the 'fell dragon' thing too. Hopefully it ends up being better than I expect.

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheer up, maybe. The prefix leaks show that every wave starting from the 3rd one will have at least DD track (though no more N64 tracks).

As for the content in the direct, the 1st-party stuff came as good surprises to me, even with some leaks I heard of before.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
omg what a shit show and bunch of useles and recycled anouncements. and botw 2 anounced year in advance.... what an absolude insanity. This has become a shitshow i swear. also no metroid prime trilogu remake or whatever....

Im glad i watched a recording and not live, id be so borred to death by this narator, games and bland background behind nintendo president. Fuck! Im always dissapointed in these, idk why i even watch... oh right, to see games...

Also i waited for them to bring resident evil 2,3, remakes on switch and i find out they are cloud versions.... what a load of bull crap!
FUck the cloud. Thing needs to die.

LOL
RE8 Cloud Edition xD
Fuck that.
i second that.

TITLED ZELDA BOTW SEQUEL BABY
tears....really? what a crappy name.

My favorite part of the direct was the Metroid Prime remaster, F-Zero GX remaster, and the Kid Icarus: Uprising remaster the leakers leaked out. Also, I still cannot believe that Nintendo is bundling Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, what a deal!
oh yeah, the best part, the reason i watched this circus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: No. but I hear they might get a Lego set :rofl2::tpi: