Gaming Nintendo keeps on drooling over and over, over the perfect 10's BotW scores

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 8,878
  • Replies 121
  • Likes 2

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
when your in a battle and the game literally hangs for 5 seconds
This has never happened to me or anyone I know, I haven't experienced any hangs with the game at all. It sounds like a fault somewhere.

but i think if other games have been given a lower score based on its story/game play/ controls/frames - yet for some reason it comes to nintendo and its zelda game all of these are ignored and everyones like YEAY ITS THE BEST ZELDA EVER, WE GIVE IT PERFECT SCORES.
People have different tastes and different opinions on games. Maybe those reviewers felt those games didn't have enough redeeming features to give it a higher score?

you pick it up, you play it expecting something great like the reviews it brags its been given and your like MEH!
Again, everyone's experience is different. You're basically crying because so many other people have a different opinion to you.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This has never happened to me or anyone I know, I haven't experienced any hangs with the game at all. It sounds like a fault somewhere.

People have different tastes and different opinions on games. Maybe those reviewers felt those games didn't have enough redeeming features to give it a higher score?

Again, everyone's experience is different. You're basically crying because so many other people have a different opinion to you.
I also haven't had hangs, but there are framerate problems in there.
The game IMHO is great, but far from perfect objectively.
Some points that could be better IMHO are story, a more streamlined story, variety, dungeons.
Also there is "Too much mountain" (and not a single cave/dungeon), that should award it a 7.8 on IGN.

In a subjective way, I love this flawed game.

PS: I never thought the lack of caves would make me so sad, but it seems my inner caveman is very disappointed in this regard.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Retroboy

I think you are annoyed at two things.

The first, how Nintendo is marketing the game with 10/10 scores. I see no problem with that. They make money off the game. High scores help sell the game. Nintendo would be stupid not to advertise the high reviews. Just as any game company would be stupid to advertise low game scores

The second, being how in the world did the game get the results it got in the first place? This is a mystery to myself as well.

I agree, the game is boring as shit. I too wasted money on it. But really, who cares. We are obviously in the minority with our opinion of the game. It's times like these that we just roll our eyes at the game and people who enjoy it, all the while quietly smirking at them.

I do disagree with you on your constant go-to criticism of the frame rates for not giving it a 10. Yeah other games get knocked down for poor frame rates, but that is usually just the tip of the iceberg for things that the reviewer finds wrong with the game.

As I said before, Mario 64 has camera issues, but I personally can look past the issues to see what the game truly is, amazing.

Goldeneye 64 has many frame rate issues, but it is an absolute brilliant game. I can look past the frame rate issues.

Superman 64 has very shit level design, boring game play, fog galore. Terrible game. Oh yeah, it also have camera and frame rate issues. All of the issues build up to make a crap game. Take points off for everything.

Sorry for all the n64 references. I'm an old jaded gamer who can only remember n64 games or current gen games I actually like, but for the life of me can't remember if the current gen games have frame rate issues or not.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i find it hard to even believe this, maybe do a test, find 3 moblins or even one and record on your mobile when you battle with them, its a known bug.

i mean come off it, the frame rate issues is a known bug hence nintendo attempting these updates to fix them, to sit there saying i dont have it is very questionable when most are reluctant to accept faults regardless when its nintendo, so its the same shoe fitting?

its not about opinion when its a known fact, and its not about crying either, its how the fuck can something be rated as perfect when it has faults, if it has faults then hello, its not perfect.

@laudern - here is the usual tho, when one comes with comments that go against nintendo, you are guranteed the same usual people come in its defense and insist its a matter of opinion.

these are what makes fanboys and nintendo fanboys are the fucking worse you ever come across.

these fans are so fucking blinded they change their views on the drop of a coin when nintendo say jump these fanboys beg how high.

they cant even grasp the fact that you cant claim to have a perfectly scored game - when it has problems other titles get rated down for.

it clearly proves the point that no matter, if anything is bad when it comes to nintendo its loving fanboys will refuse to accept it.

i think the whole point of this topic is targeted to why nintendo keep drooling over this game being rated so perfectly yet its far from it.

its fans may like the game after all it is in a sense changing direction following/copying off others games its trying to be like, because to them theyve never played a zelda game like this before.

if you have played games like this before its not really that great, if youve played zelda games before again comparing back its not that great.

people need to admit to the reasons why people dont agree with its scoring and you find alot with nintendo fans is they cry about opinions yet if they didnt come refusing other peoples then like majority of my posts, i wouldnt be quoting them for refusing to accept "opinions" or negative facts.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
To be honest, I'd vote it a solid 6/10. The graphics were excellent, the gameplay was as well, but the promised "infinite worlds" were too finite and the gameplay eventually got stale and boring.
people always want more and more. A finite world? dude the game is huge.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i find it hard to even believe this, maybe do a test, find 3 moblins or even one and record on your mobile when you battle with them, its a known bug.

i mean come off it, the frame rate issues is a known bug hence nintendo attempting these updates to fix them, to sit there saying i dont have it is very questionable when most are reluctant to accept faults regardless when its nintendo, so its the same shoe fitting?

its not about opinion when its a known fact, and its not about crying either, its how the fuck can something be rated as perfect when it has faults, if it has faults then hello, its not perfect.

@laudern - here is the usual tho, when one comes with comments that go against nintendo, you are guranteed the same usual people come in its defense and insist its a matter of opinion.

these are what makes fanboys and nintendo fanboys are the fucking worse you ever come across.

these fans are so fucking blinded they change their views on the drop of a coin when nintendo say jump these fanboys beg how high.

they cant even grasp the fact that you cant claim to have a perfectly scored game - when it has problems other titles get rated down for.

it clearly proves the point that no matter, if anything is bad when it comes to nintendo its loving fanboys will refuse to accept it.

i think the whole point of this topic is targeted to why nintendo keep drooling over this game being rated so perfectly yet its far from it.

its fans may like the game after all it is in a sense changing direction following/copying off others games its trying to be like, because to them theyve never played a zelda game like this before.

if you have played games like this before its not really that great, if youve played zelda games before again comparing back its not that great.

people need to admit to the reasons why people dont agree with its scoring and you find alot with nintendo fans is they cry about opinions yet if they didnt come refusing other peoples then like majority of my posts, i wouldnt be quoting them for refusing to accept "opinions" or negative facts.

I think you need to have a look at what your definition of 10/10 actually means. Can you find me any reviewing website that states a 10/10 game is perfect?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people always want more and more. A finite world? dude the game is huge.
yes the game is huge but in a sense its what spoils the game.

i think partly when those rating it so highly claiming the hours of game play you get out of it, well yea no thanks to your main objective being to run around the overly sized map doing repetitive shrines and then unlock them as warp points and its four key points at at each lets say corner of the map are the divine beasts which if you dont go running aimlessly hunting down shrines makes traveling to and from very long and boring.

having a map of this size and nothing really to do is one of the things i found boring about the game, i think the story should have been far better and i think the game should have better direction to put the gamer more towards having to do side missions.

there is nothing like that, you can literally complete the game without doing anything other than shrines to gain enough hearts you dont even really need to do divine beasts either, as long as you have what it takes you can take your fight direct to ganon thus making the game even shorter.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think you need to have a look at what your definition of 10/10 actually means. Can you find me any reviewing website that states a 10/10 game is perfect?

think you took the word perfect the wrong way, perfect as in this film is perfect its amazing its a must watch, not perfect as in dude i can see the fucking director in a mirror.

this game (try not to get lost) has been given perfect scores/ratings has it not.... 5/5 or 10/10 is a perfect score, its like getting 100% score in an exam, perfect score.

but how the feck can you give it a full perfect score when it has issues other games get scored less for having.

but the actual game itself everyones like WOW its amazing, this massive map..... yup erm to do what exactly?

its story can be summed up with one paragraph, i think this really is a half assed zelda game nintendo have mainly made it more as a tone of little mini game puzzles and 5 boss battles.

Last edited by ,

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes the game is huge but in a sense its what spoils the game.

i think partly when those rating it so highly claiming the hours of game play you get out of it, well yea no thanks to your main objective being to run around the overly sized map doing repetitive shrines and then unlock them as warp points and its four key points at at each lets say corner of the map are the divine beasts which if you dont go running aimlessly hunting down shrines makes traveling to and from very long and boring.

having a map of this size and nothing really to do is one of the things i found boring about the game, i think the story should have been far better and i think the game should have better direction to put the gamer more towards having to do side missions.

there is nothing like that, you can literally complete the game without doing anything other than shrines to gain enough hearts you dont even really need to do divine beasts either, as long as you have what it takes you can take your fight direct to ganon thus making the game even shorter.

think you took the word perfect the wrong way, perfect as in this film is perfect its amazing its a must watch, not perfect as in dude i can see the fucking director in a mirror.

this game (try not to get lost) has been given perfect scores/ratings has it not.... 5/5 or 10/10 is a perfect score, its like getting 100% score in an exam, perfect score.

but how the feck can you give it a full perfect score when it has issues other games get scored less for having.

You can only interpret the word 'perfect' one way. It is without fault (google for whatever the official definition is). You need to stop using that word when describing video games (or art in general I guess)

A game getting 10/10 is not the same as getting 10/10 on a spelling test.

Have a look at how ign describes a 10 game

Simply put: this is our highest recommendation. There’s no such thing as a truly perfect game, but those that earn a Masterpiece label from IGN come as close as we could reasonably hope for. These are classics in the making that we hope and expect will influence game design for years to come, as other developers learn from their shining examples.

Ign clearly says that a 10 game is not perfect.

Whereas, an English teacher giving you a 10/10 for your spelling test would say that you have achieved a perfect result.

There is a large difference between the two.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

The frame issues have been acknowledged in damn near every 10/10 review out there. Nobody calls the game perfect. Giving it a 10/10 involves more than a stable 30FPS that no console out can hold for every damn game out there.

It's not about being a fanboy like you are so adamant about claiming. Which is kind of desperate at this point... It's about acknowledging what the game has to offer. You weigh the pros against the cons, and find a middle ground. If you want to be as strict as your guidelines? No game would ever hit 7/10. (jokes aside) Even Ocarina of Time had its share of issues.

Your "if you don't agree with me you're a fanboy" attitude is exactly why people think gamers are all jackasses. Get over yourself.

Last edited by Kioku,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only interpret the word 'perfect' one way. It is without fault (google for whatever the official definition is). You need to stop using that word when describing video games (or art in general I guess)

A game getting 10/10 is not the same as getting 10/10 on a spelling test.

Have a look at how ign describes a 10 game

Simply put: this is our highest recommendation. There’s no such thing as a truly perfect game, but those that earn a Masterpiece label from IGN come as close as we could reasonably hope for. These are classics in the making that we hope and expect will influence game design for years to come, as other developers learn from their shining examples.

Ign clearly says that a 10 game is not perfect.

Whereas, an English teacher giving you a 10/10 for your spelling test would say that you have achieved a perfect result.

There is a large difference between the two.

i think your missing the point here, its not about calling a game flawless and bug free (perfect).

a game getting a perfect score/review is the point, when other games that have been far better have been given a lesser score/review over things, yet zelda hasnt.

take the last of us, reason it according to gamespot doenst get a 10 is because they thought a battle didnt feel right, yet zelda has frame issue and is given a 10.

other games have been rated down for having what they beleive to be a poor weapon system that could be improved.

do you see where i am coming from, if a game has bad points then rated down for it, why is it zelda it doesnt apply?

i dont get why people cant grasp the use of Perfect here, how moronic.

its not saying perfect as in flawless, but if you give something a 10/10 score then that is a perfect full on 10/10 score.

but then you find other games are get down scored on these flaws.

so again as an example, i rate one game 8/10 for having frame issues and a very bland story.

then give zelda a full 10/10 score which also has frame issues and a very bland story.

cant you see the logic here, why others are rated less for it, yet zelda is given a perfect score.....

how hard is that to get really?

The frame issues have been acknowledged in damn near every 10/10 review out there. Nobody calls the game perfect. Giving it a 10/10 involves more than a stable 30FPS that no console out can hold for every damn game out there.

It's not about being a fanboy like you are so adamant about claiming. Which is kind of desperate at this point... It's about acknowledging what the game has to offer. You weigh the pros against the cons, and find a middle ground. If you want to be as strict as your guidelines? No game would ever hit 7/10. (jokes aside) Even Ocarina of Time had its share of issues.

Your "if you don't agree with me you're a fanboy" attitude is exactly why people think gamers are all jackasses. Get over yourself.
and that last part is not the point im making, its not about if you dont agree then your a fanboy.

its when t comes to nintendo its fanboys refuse anything bad, its fanboys contradict when it comes to nintendo, recall the cube it was all about graphics, then came the wii and now its not..... take the wii u failure to the fanboys its not a failure and its the only console that had fun games and the best exclusives..... yet wtf

that is the part i say about fanboys, im not calling you or anyone it directly, but if someone cant handle anything bad said about nintendo, then hmmm

but a game shouldnt get a full score when the same site gives less for things zelda has.

Last edited by ,

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i think your missing the point here, its not about calling a game flawless and bug free (perfect).

a game getting a perfect score/review is the point, when other games that have been far better have been given a lesser score/review over things, yet zelda hasnt.

take the last of us, reason it according to gamespot doenst get a 10 is because they thought a battle didnt feel right, yet zelda has frame issue and is given a 10.

other games have been rated down for having what they beleive to be a poor weapon system that could be improved.

do you see where i am coming from, if a game has bad points then rated down for it, why is it zelda it doesnt apply?

i dont get why people cant grasp the use of Perfect here, how moronic.

its not saying perfect as in flawless, but if you give something a 10/10 score then that is a perfect full on 10/10 score.

how fucking hard is that to get really?

I don't know what you want people to say in response to this post?

Yes, it is unfair that one person's review of one game may not be equal to another person's review of another game.

There is no world wide moderation of video game reviews.

Reviewing a game is not like marking a maths test where the answers are black and white.

You mentioned The Last Of Us. Brilliant game. Best game I've played in years. 10/10. Is that 10/10 the same as what I would give Mario 64, which I believe is also a 10/10??? No way in hell. Just like GTA 5. A 10/10 game.

Would I consider The Last Of Us, Mario 64 and gta 5 all equal because I gave them all 10s?? No way. Would I consider them all masterpieces??? Hell yes!!!

Cross referencing game scores is also not fair. Subjective reviews are not fair. Life's not fair.

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Good game? absolutely. 10/10? No.
Tell me Ganon's castle was a pleasant experience with 20FPS nearly at all times, or that you enjoyed the bad weapon durability system. And the ending sucks.
Maybe a 9.5/10 at best, but those things really sour the experience.

But then again, piss easy cinematic garbage like TLoU got nothing but 10s, so I guess it's fair to give an actual, not cakewalk game a bunch of 10s.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you want people to say in response to this post?

Yes, it is unfair that one person's review of one game may not be equal to another person's review of another game.

There is no world wide moderation of video game reviews.

Reviewing a game is not like marking a maths test where the answers are black and white.

You mentioned The Last Of Us. Brilliant game. Best game I've played in years. 10/10. Is that 10/10 the same as what I would give Mario 64, which I believe is also a 10/10??? No way in hell. Just like GTA 5. A 10/10 game.

Would I consider The Last Of Us, Mario 64 and gta 5 all equal because I gave them all 10s?? No way. Would I consider them all masterpieces??? Hell yes!!!

Cross referencing game scores is also not fair. Subjective reviews are not fair. Life's not fair.

again missing the point.

and how is it not like marking a maths exam, do you not get a lower score for having something wrong?

how is zelda getting a full score when it has things wrong with it - the exact reason other games dont get the full score?

each person may think a game is a masterclass others may things its a master pile of shit.

but all these reviews giving it the full score can also be found giving other games a lesser score for things wrong with it.

for example the last of us, lost the full score because how a battle felt..... or other games get a lesser score for frame issues.

so we find issues in zelda but its not reflecting the score.

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
again missing the point.

and how is it not like marking a maths exam, do you not get a lower score for having something wrong?

how is zelda getting a full score when it has things wrong with it - the exact reason other games dont get the full score?

each person may think a game is a masterclass others may things its a master pile of shit.

but all these reviews giving it the full score can also be found giving other games a lesser score for things wrong with it.

for example the last of us, lost the full score because how a battle felt..... or other games get a lesser score for frame issues.

so we find issues in zelda but its not reflecting the score.

TLoU lost full scores because the game is piss easy, my friend. A literal toddler could beat it. Also the AI is garbage.
But you can't say that, or the fanboys would eat you alive.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS!!! You have just answered your own argument.
no, because each individual is to their own.

how fucking hard is it really.

you give zelda a perfect 10/10 and note bad thing is frame issues (fanboys refuse to accept are real)
you give xyz game a lesser score because it has frame issues.

how the fuck can that logic work, do you see the point here?

it would beg the question if these were done by fans of the game/console or even if paid by nintendo so they can use it to market the game showing how they all give it 5/5 and 10/10.

then you get the game expecting something great after all its reviews are full scores, then your play it and your like wtf.

Last edited by ,

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a pretty decent game and it's one of the best Zeldas i've played but 10/10 is still a stretch. I prefer realistic scores.

Many journalists still have this B/S system that a low score is 6/10 and a good game needs a 9 or a 10. Crappy games can have a 0,1. Average games need a 3 to 5 and good games need a 6 or 7. 8 and above should be reserved for the greatest games. A 10 needs to be a masterpiece without faults. If it's a 10, it's perfect and that score should reflect the game's actual content. I've never played a perfect 10/10 game, because there is no game that has zero faults. Games can get everything right, have a bad camera and still have a 10. Nope, if it's a fault, it needs a lower score.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Retroboy

Please show me a multiplication math test where the marking criteria allows for subjective, emotional opinion by the assessor.

Please show me a universal game review rubrics the notes exactly how much of a mark should be subtracted for frame rate issues.

Reactions: chartube12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: