Nintendo says that it has no plans for a new Switch model in 2020

Nintendo_Switch_Logo.png

Following last year's release of the Nintendo Switch Lite, there were rumors that the Big N was planning another, beefier version of its console-handheld hybrid, a so-called Nintendo Switch Pro, in 2020. This was also seen as a plausible way for the company to counter the PS5 and Xbox Series X, which are also planned for a 2020 release. Nintendo however squashed those rumors in its 'Nine Months Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ending March 2020'.

Shuntaro Furukawa, President of Nintendo, wrote the following in this briefing:

Regarding Nintendo Switch, we believe that it is important to continue to communicate the appeal of both Nintendo Switch systems and expand the installed base. Please note that we have no plans to launch a new Nintendo Switch model during 2020.

While we might not see a new version of the Switch this year, special editions like the recently-announced Animal Crossing model will still be released. Do you still think that we'll get to see this rumored "Pro" version beyond 2020?

:arrow: SOURCE

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This is a bit far, the v2 Switch doesn't actually offer any additional power while the New 3DS certainly did. Sure the software support was limited but the hardware was definitely there. Same with the DSi.
While the technical jump from DS to 3DS was quite good, it still sucked in terms of graphical power and RAM. The lack of RAM hurts their portable consoles quite a bit. I'm glad they listened to Capcom and gave the Switch 4GB of RAM.

Last edited by Jayro,

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let the switch last 6 more years... I dont want another system i want to be able to play on my switch and not need to get another. If its like new 3ds then okay.. That didint matter if any.

Reactions: PoiRan
D

Deleted User

Did anyone actually expect a Switch Pro in 2020? It wouldn't make sense at this stage, when the Switch and Switch Lite are selling so well. If we see a Switch Pro, it will be towards the end of the Switch's life span, in order to sell more hardware and get more people into the Switch ecosystem once sales start drying up.
Nintendo has never done a "Pro" model, but we may see a "Nintendo New Switch".

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's okay. I am looking forward to PS5. Nintendo Switch will decline faster. I will bet you on it because PS5 is a huge system people are so looking forward to. They will simple forget about Nintendo Switch soon. Nintendo needs to do something but I am not worrying about Nintendo because I am tired of Nintendo having underpowered systems in the past and today. They continue failed to getting 3rd party supporting of brand new AAA none in the sight at all. Only ported from PS3 and some from PS4. Nintendo, you are miserable fail!

I think I will be done with Nintendo on this final system for me. Done.

Ps5, here I come since I loved PS3 and PS4.. I am so getting PS5!

Last edited by spotanjo3,
D

Deleted User

That's okay. I am looking forward to PS5. Nintendo Switch will decline faster. I will bet you on it because PS5 is a huge system people are so looking forward to. They will simple forget about Nintendo Switch soon. Nintendo needs to do something but I am not worrying about Nintendo because I am tired of Nintendo having underpowered systems in the past and today. They continue failed to getting 3rd party supporting of brand new AAA none in the sight at all. Only ported from PS3 and some from PS4. Nintendo, you are miserable fail!

I think I will be done with Nintendo on this final system for me. Done.

Ps5, here I come since I loved PS3 and PS4.. I am so getting PS5!
Well, Nintendo has always had their own audience and they never had the need to compete against SONY or Microsoft, although in the 90's they were going against SEGA. We all know what happened to SEGA and now we even have SONIC games on Nintendo. lol

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Nintendo has always had their own audience and they never had the need to compete against SONY or Microsoft, although in the 90's they were going against SEGA. We all know what happened to SEGA and now we even have SONIC games on Nintendo. lol

Thats true but Nintendo still need to let it go of the past as tradition and need to complete against Sony and Microsoft. Competitive is a key. No compete and they will not succeed at all.

I dont care what Nintendo say because Nintendo continue failed in the past and still today. They will failed Nintendo Switch miserable when PS5 and Microsoft arrive. You watch.

By the way, I don't buy Nintendo story. They might release it. They just want to avoid the rumour. Lie is not good. That mean I don't trust Nintendo. Surely, Sony and Microsoft does that before. Why lying ? Bad example. SMH!

Last edited by spotanjo3,

nachodorito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
They lied to us about the Switch Lite, so I suspect they're lying to us about the Switch Pro too. They also denied a Link's Awakening remake being in the works, and that ALSO turned out to be a lie. I don't trust Nintendo's word. That's like them saying Sakurai is done adding Fire Emblem characters to Super Fire Emblem Ultimate.

Metroid Prime 4 would be nice... And yeah, where the fuck is Bayonetta 3??? That development was started YEARS ago!

I love how nintendo always lies but in a nice way.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Reactions: BLsquared

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thing they should think about games, fuck even ports lots of great games still waiting to port from GameCube.
We don't need anymore ports we need this year for Nintendo to start introducing us to new characters with new ips

TerminatR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
About time already.
Nintendo really needs a beefier switch is they want to compete with Sony's upcoming Ps5
Otherwise it'll be game over.

its rarely about the hardware specs, its about the games and the cost of entry.

I dont think think Nintendo is too worried about PS5.

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thats true but Nintendo still need to let it go of the past as tradition and need to complete against Sony and Microsoft. Competitive is a key. No compete and they will not succeed at all.

I dont care what Nintendo say because Nintendo continue failed in the past and still today. They will failed Nintendo Switch miserable when PS5 and Microsoft arrive. You watch.

By the way, I don't buy Nintendo story. They might release it. They just want to avoid the rumour. Lie is not good. That mean I don't trust Nintendo. Surely, Sony and Microsoft does that before. Why lying ? Bad example. SMH!
It's not like it matters if it stops selling when PS5/XBOX release. Switch will have already sold 60m copies by then.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is true, my guess is they'll put in the new updated chip and just market it as "now, super longer lasting battery!" and keep the rest the same.

rhino242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tonga
We don't need anymore ports we need this year for Nintendo to start introducing us to new characters with new ips

Not going to happen. Otherwise it won't be Nintendo. It's all about Mario, Zelda and few more thirty years old stuff with childish characters. I wish Sony came up with a hybrid console instead of N, because I really like the concept and they would put much more powerful hardware in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1