Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo Treehouse Live announced for tomorrow

EjrKc2DXYAEWm04.jpeg

Following up on their Super Smash Bros. Ultimate-focused livestreams from last week, Nintendo announced today the return of Nintendo Treehouse Live tomorrow at 10 a.m. PT. The livestream will feature two segments, one a "deep dive" on Pikmin 3 Deluxe, the upcoming Switch port of the Wii U title, followed by the reveal of a new stage and gameplay details on Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, the Musou-styled Breath of the Wild prequel. Pikmin 3 Deluxe will release October 30, 2020 and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is due out November 20, 2020.

You can watch the presentation on Nintendo's YouTube channel here.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you are in the minority buddy. Only hardcore Zelda fans would consider Twilight princess of all games you could mention to be a better game than Breath of the wild
I'd consider almost any Legend of Zelda game to be better than BotW - even the stylus-only Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks - since BotW isn't a Legend of Zelda game.
Though my personal favourites are Twilight Princess, The Wind Waker, Link's Awakening, A Link Between Worlds, and Majora's Mask 3D, since they all play well, have quick enough combat (and in TP's and TWW's cases, more in-depth combat), and lack any major annoyances that would prevent me from having fun.
Traditional > experimental, in this case, and Breath of the Wild was explicitly an experiment - a heavily-flawed one at that.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd consider almost any Legend of Zelda game to be better than BotW - even the stylus-only Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks - since BotW isn't a Legend of Zelda game.
Though my personal favourites are Twilight Princess, The Wind Waker, Link's Awakening, A Link Between Worlds, and Majora's Mask 3D, since they all play well, have quick enough combat (and in TP's and TWW's cases, more in-depth combat), and lack any major annoyances that would prevent me from having fun.
Traditional > experimental, in this case, and Breath of the Wild was explicitly an experiment - a heavily-flawed one at that.
hence why people would, you know, be hopefully to know more about the sequel in hopes that it's slightly more traditional?

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The legend of zelda on nes will always be the best zelda game followed by the adventures of link and a link to the past. The better the graphics the worse game play got until you was left with BotW. That is true for most games not just zelda.

Last edited by wartutor,

MaxToTheMax

Officially Ranked 3796th.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hence why people would, you know, be hopefully to know more about the sequel in hopes that it's slightly more traditional?
Or embrace that series change a lot as time goes on, like Xenosaga to Xenoblade 2. Some people can't handle change.

EDIT: Some people can be hypocritical about change. Does that make it too obvious that I think XB2 is bad?

Last edited by MaxToTheMax,

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was going to troll you and tell you that Nintendo called it a Zelda game, therefore its a Zelda game - but then I remembered the CDI games also contain the name "The Legend of Zelda" and cried internally.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was going to troll you and tell you that Nintendo called it a Zelda game, therefore its a Zelda game - but then I remembered the CDI games also contain the name "The Legend of Zelda" and cried internally.
I was going to say "Link's Crossbow Training is better than Breath of the Wild"...but LCT has motion controls...nah. That's at least something BotW beats.
Also don't know much about that Japanese-exclusive Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (or something) game, so can't judge between it and BotW.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or embrace that series change a lot as time goes on, like Xenosaga to Xenoblade 2. Some people can't handle change.

EDIT: Some people can be hypocritical about change. Does that make it too obvious that I think XB2 is bad?
oh trust me...I have my own issues with botw. I hate how all the puzzles are striped away from dungeons and put into these tiny things called shrines...are the puzzles bad? probably not...but without them all coming together in the context of a dungeon it just feels so much less satisfying...underwhelming you could even say : (
the few dungeons that are there where kind of fun at least

MaxToTheMax

Officially Ranked 3796th.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh trust me...I have my own issues with botw. I hate how all the puzzles are striped away from dungeons and put into these tiny things called shrines...are the puzzles bad? probably not...but without them all coming together in the context of a dungeon it just feels so much less satisfying...underwhelming you could even say : (
the few dungeons that are there where kind of fun at least
I agree. I haven't heard anyone one who has said they like the dungeons in BoTW but the dungeons aren't the only thing in the game. I think BoTW will imporve it though,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to say "Link's Crossbow Training is better than Breath of the Wild"...but LCT has motion controls...nah. That's at least something BotW beats.
Also don't know much about that Japanese-exclusive Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (or something) game, so can't judge between it and BotW.
so I heard you hated your ds, here, tap it to death for every battle encounter, I kid you not that is it in a nutshell

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why no Pikmin 4? Just wait... the next N console we'll get Deluxe versions of all the Switch games, for people that didn't buy a Switch but buy the new one. I mean, thy wouldn't want anyone to miss out. "Super Mario 3D All-Stars Deluxe!!! Now featuring Super Mario Galaxy 2!!!"
there is already a pikmin 4 game its called
Hey pikmin and was released on the 3ds...

Seriously why people dont know there was a 4 pikmin game is beyond me.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is already a pikmin 4 game its called
Hey pikmin and was released on the 3ds...

Seriously why people dont know there was a 4 pikmin game is beyond me.

I don't know if you're just trying to be a wise-guy or not, but you know full well what I meant by Pikmin 4. But here, if it makes you feel any better.... Why no Pikmin 5?

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no metroid prime " they just don't care anymore seeing it's one port after another " the switch is literally becoming a port machine
Its really all it ever has been. Very few games have came out just for it. Even the 3rd party games are graphically reduced "ports" that are released after other consoles.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they worried as much about producing quality games over ports and suing people we may get a decent game before nintendos next gen console comes out.

Reactions: MaskedMarvel

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why no Pikmin 4? Just wait... the next N console we'll get Deluxe versions of all the Switch games, for people that didn't buy a Switch but buy the new one. I mean, thy wouldn't want anyone to miss out. "Super Mario 3D All-Stars Deluxe!!! Now featuring Super Mario Galaxy 2!!!"
Don't forget a fill screen mario 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.