Hacking [No longer maintained] RajNX - starter pack for Nintendo Switch

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried this, its just works. Updated 1.0.0 with Raj's homebrew and this is my FW now with everything working. Thank you very much for this.

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish the shitposts would stop.
Honestly, let users decide which CFW they want to use.What's the point of bashing this thread if users aren't interested in Atmosphere/ReiNX.

I don't know what anyone gains by turning users away from one dev to another.Internet fame might be great and all,but nobody gives a shit about geohot these days,and I'm sure most people know who that is

I'm going with Raj on this one,because he clearly knows his stuff.if that wasnt obvious by the tools his released so far,I don't know what is.You have to respect the work that his put into the switch scene so far.

As for whether its a full CFW or a repack,thats neither here nor there.It works is the main point.Pretty much AIO convenient package that end users want.I have SX OS for my one switch and find using RajNX to be a breath of fresh air for the other.

Thanks @rajkosto ,keep up the good work man,it really is appreciated

Last edited by Andalitez,

crow132

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
Honestly, let users decide which CFW they want to use.What's the point of bashing this thread if users aren't interested in Atmosphere/ReiNX.

I don't know what anyone gains by turning users away from one dev to another

I'm going with Raj on this one,because he clearly knows his stuff.if that wasnt obvious by the tools his released so far,I don't know what is.You have to respect the work that his put into the switch scene so far.

As for whether its a full CFW or a repack,thats neither here nor there.It works is the main point.Pretty much AIO convenient package that end users want.I have SX OS for my one switch and find using RajNX to be a breath of fresh air for the other.

i'm definitly going with @rajkosto too, so yeah, im with ya

Kobigov

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't know what anyone gains by turning users away from one dev to another

It uses atmosphere for one, and this isn't a new cfw. It's just a bundle of homebrew/atmosphere. One might even call it, dare I say, a "Homebrew Starter Pack". Not a seperate cfw.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States

I don't know what anyone gains by turning users away from one dev to another.Internet fame might be great and all,but nobody gives a shit about geohot these days,and I'm sure most people know who that is

It's a homebrew starter pack, not a CFW.
Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited by DarthDub,

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am holding R to launch hombrew menu but it's not working.
I am on 4.1.
With the latest version, you have to NOT hold R to launch HB Menu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't understand this petty bickering over what seems like semantics. Raj credits everything in the original post and is no longer calling this a new custom firmware. Disappointed at the display of immaturity from respected members of the community. Multiple CFW options create a healthy competition that benefits the users. For me personally, RajNX along with ChoiDujourNX were extremely easy to install to get HB running on my stock switch.

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It uses atmosphere for one, and this isn't a new cfw. It's just a bundle of homebrew/atmosphere. One might even call it, dare I say, a "Homebrew Starter Pack". Not a seperate cfw.

So on a technicality based on the evidence provided,let's say I accept your facts.

It still doesnt take away from the fact that its my preference to use it over either of the others.

The point I'm making is,you guys are so stuck up on trying to correct something insignificant when your energies could be better spent on other things.

Also I don't worship the guy,I just appreciate the fact that his taken the time to package something I can call CFW that works out the box

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't have to, the bootloader can change it for you (use the 2nd menu option, autoboot, then choose the profile you want to autoboot)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then maybe the other CFWs should be renamed to "Homebrew Starter Packs" too. The only bundled homebrew with this is Tinfoil, btw. Maybe i should remove it ? That wouldn't be very user friendly though

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it’s the BEST™ cfw :)

Features[emoji769] on the OP

Enviado desde mi LG-X240 mediante Tapatalk

CringeNX. yeesh

Edit: Ninja'd
can you fucking stop
this battle has been fought, it's over
either help the people trying to use the shit or get the fuck out
this shit is petty and makes you look bad, not rajnx
Seriously ??
If you prioritize customization and ban avoidance over user-friendly simplicity, this is the gimmick you want. It's a great piece of work, and you'll have a great time.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Then maybe the other CFWs should be renamed to "Homebrew Starter Packs" too. The only bundled homebrew with this is Tinfoil, btw. Maybe i should remove it ? That wouldn't be very user friendly though
You need to comedown about it being a CFW or not. Hekate is based of Atmosphere. Everything is credited. ReiNX as far as I know is built from the ground up, but uses others sourcecode. SXOS is obviously using parts from Atmosphere but they built their own stuff as well.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hekate is not based on Atmosphere, it's its own bootloader (written completely by naehrwert at first).
ReiNX bootloader is based on same starting code base as hekate (and basically does the same thing as hekate autoboot, just no menus).
ReiNX sysmodules are a fork of Atmosphere sysmodules with small changes.

RajNX sysmodules are a fork of Atmosphere sysmodules with small changes.
RajNX bootloader is a fork of hekate bootloader but has some changes that if you use the original hekate instead, some things will not work.

Therefore i find them equivalent in what they are, if one can be called a CFW then so can the other.

Last edited by rajkosto,

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry If this was answered before, but what exactly is reduced telemetry and how does it help in preventing a ban?

Smurfhunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate is not based on Atmosphere, it's its own bootloader (written completely by naehrwert at first).
ReiNX bootloader is based on same starting code base as hekate (and basically does the same thing as hekate autoboot, just no menus).

RajNX bootloader is a fork of hekate bootloader but has some changes that if you use the original hekate instead, some things will not work.

That doesn't make it a CFW. Reiswitched has contributed code to atmosphere/hekate and vice versa. You've made a package that has a customizable button combo and is easy to drop on an SD card, and is a starter kit, NOT a CFW.

Reactions: DarthDub

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is Atmosphere it's own CFW or is it just a patch on switch's os? I don't understand this. Is rajnx just a patch on top of patches? What is luma3ds then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn +1