Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

xXPaulMCXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@____@ I was just wondering cause of the upcoming Captain Toad game. I don't mind waiting, I was just curious. :moogle:
depends on the cache and your titlekey url (we all know what I mean).
freeShop doesn't need to be updated for that.

Yo Evi if the cache isn't updated already mind doing so?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Am i the only one getting this "<br>" next to Sushi Striker on Freeshop? Seems to be just a display bug.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am i the only one getting this "<br>" next to Sushi Striker on Freeshop? Seems to be just a display bug.

Sushi_Striker_free_Shop_e_Shop.png

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me out, i was trying out the sleep mode download "moon icon" and now the notification on the home menu wont go away it keeps telling me to put the 3ds on sleep mode. I tried uninstalling the cia file but it still pops up

Last edited by GATWYAY3.2,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

just so that im clear your asking me to follow these steps right ? Also, when i hit start while the app is open i get this error(see picture) is this normal ?
1. Delete the entire 3ds/freeshop folder. Also check if you have the 3ds/data/freeshop old folder. Delete that too.
2. Reinstall the freeshop.3dsx if you use Homebrew Launcher -or- reinstall the cia version. Current version is 4.1.3, found here.
3. Make sure your dspfirm.cdc is found in the 3ds folder. Use this if it's not there: DSP1
4. Launch freeshop and reinstall by QR scanning the cache from that title site. Here's a clue if it helps.
5. Make sure the eShop background music is playing. There's a known bug if BGM does not work. You can read here in how to restore BGM if freeshop fails to repopulate them.

Attachments

• 20180712_213826.jpg
    20180712_213826.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 209
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just so that im clear your asking me to follow these steps right ? Also, when i hit start while the app is open i get this error(see picture) is this normal ?
1. Delete the entire 3ds/freeshop folder. Also check if you have the 3ds/data/freeshop old folder. Delete that too.
2. Reinstall the freeshop.3dsx if you use Homebrew Launcher -or- reinstall the cia version. Current version is 4.1.3, found here.
3. Make sure your dspfirm.cdc is found in the 3ds folder. Use this if it's not there: DSP1
4. Launch freeshop and reinstall by QR scanning the cache from that title site. Here's a clue if it helps.
5. Make sure the eShop background music is playing. There's a known bug if BGM does not work. You can read here in how to restore BGM if freeshop fails to repopulate them.

Yup, follow those steps in repairing your freeShop by reinstalling a fresh copy. If it doesn't work still, we'll try something else.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, follow those steps in repairing your freeShop by reinstalling a fresh copy. If it doesn't work still, we'll try something else.
ill do that now, also just a little back history if it helps. This isn't my 3ds so when i uninstalled freeshop i had no idea there were so many different versions so i ended up installing and uninstalling many before i found this which to my memory was the one installed in the 3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill do that now, also just a little back history if it helps. This isn't my 3ds so when i uninstalled freeshop i had no idea there were so many different versions so i ended up installing and uninstalling many before i found this which to my memory was the one installed in the 3ds

Since we're working with the unknown, you'll have to verify for us that the 3DS in your possession is using a typical modern custom firmware setup.

Can you turn off the 3DS, hold the (Select) button right after turning it back on, and check if there's a Luma configuration option? If there is, what version is stated?

If this option does not come up, you're going to need to take a screenshot of the SD card's root directory for file examination.

Edit - I see you posted an crash log dump, so you most likely have Luma3DS. The better question is whether it's on boot9strap (b9s) or arm9loaderhax (a9lh). If it's on a9lh, it'll need to be updated. If you don't see a boot.firm file on the SD root, it's not using b9s.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we're working with the unknown, you'll have to verify for us that the 3DS in your possession is using a typical modern custom firmware setup.

Can you turn off the 3DS, hold the (Select) button right after turning it back on, and check if there's a Luma configuration option? If there is, what version is stated?

If this option does not come up, you're going to need to take a screenshot of the SD card's root directory for file examination.

Edit - I see you posted an crash log dump, so you most likely have Luma3DS. The better question is whether it's on boot9strap (b9s) or arm9loaderhax (a9lh). If it's on a9lh, it'll need to be updated. If you don't see a boot.firm file on the SD root, it's not using b9s.
yep that was all taken care of, everything is up to date luma 9 + newest b9s then updated sysnand to newest using the b9s update guide. Ill still add a pic of the SD set up just in case.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 209
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep that was all taken care of, everything is up to date luma 9 + newest b9s then updated sysnand to newest using the b9s update guide. Ill still add a pic of the SD set up just in case.
Okay, that's good. Now, I dunno if you read that last step or already got freeShop up and running. The (Start) button crash is part of that bug if you don't have BGM turned on and playing. No way around it if you don't like eShop music except lowering the volume slider.

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that's good. Now, I dunno if you read that last step or already got freeShop up and running. The (Start) button crash is part of that bug if you don't have BGM turned on and playing. No way around it if you don't like eShop music except lowering the volume slider.
okay it looks like im all done, but the music wont play i tried those steps you suggested expect for visiting the actual Nintendo eshop because my DNS settings are blocking access to it. is there anyway i can download those music files else where or work around ?. If its safe to visit the Nintendo eshop ill do it. Also in my search for the correct freeshop i installed fefosheep on FBItd and i now get it was a prank but just want to confirm it didn't really do anything to my 3ds right ?

Last edited by GATWYAY3.2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...