Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Jacopo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys!! i have a problem with freeshop on my 3dsxl

i have updated it and i have the latest titlekey

when i try to download and install pokemon moon/sun, the console donwloads the game but then says "Failed to install content: 0xD9004586"

i have tried to format my SD and reinstall everything on it, but it keeps giving me this error

what can i do?

xXPaulMCXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed version 4.1.3 that was in git. I should install with the file .cia or .3dsx ?
I created the key of the console and copied it to the folder "freeshop/keys" when opening the freeshop only 4 games appear :(
Do I have to use the "public key" <removed because of piracy>
Hey there, mind removing the "Public Key" link? It's an illegal way of sharing keys, and prohibited to share on here.
Thank you ^^

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited by xXPaulMCXx,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!! i have a problem with freeshop on my 3dsxl

i have updated it and i have the latest titlekey

when i try to download and install pokemon moon/sun, the console donwloads the game but then says "Failed to install content: 0xD9004586"

i have tried to format my SD and reinstall everything on it, but it keeps giving me this error

what can i do?

• Do you have enough free space on your SD card?
  • Also, have you ever checked the card with a Full Write + Verify test in H2testw while it's empty? Make sure the card isn't a fake or has worn NAND cells.

I installed version 4.1.3 that was in git. I should install with the file .cia or .3dsx ?
I created the key of the console and copied it to the folder "freeshop/keys" when opening the freeshop only 4 games appear :(
Do I have to use the public keys?

You can use either *.cia or *.3dsx, whichever you prefer. To install the keys, you use the built-in QR scanner to get the encTitleKeys.bin.

Look to these steps you can you miss anything:
Make sure eShop background music is turned on!

Hey there, mind removing the "Public Key" link? It's an illegal way of sharing keys, and prohibited to share on here.
Thank you ^^

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk

lmao, you might want to edit your post of his post. :D

Reactions: _RM_

xXPaulMCXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
  • Do you have enough free space on your SD card?
  • Also, have you ever checked the card with a Full Write + Verify test in H2testw while it's empty? Make sure the card isn't a fake or has worn NAND cells.

You can use either *.cia or *.3dsx, whichever you prefer. To install the keys, you use the built-in QR scanner to get the encTitleKeys.bin.

Look to these steps you can you miss anything:
Make sure eShop background music is turned on!

lmao, you might want to edit your post of his post. :D

shh~

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Jacopo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@TurdPooCharger

yes i have checked it with those softwares, i have also formatted it, reinstalling everything on it

i can download and install other games such as Pokemon Y but i cannot install pokemon sun/mmon after i have completed the download

i dont know what to do

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TurdPooCharger

yes i have checked it with those softwares, i have also formatted it, reinstalling everything on it

i can download and install other games such as Pokemon Y but i cannot install pokemon sun/mmon after i have completed the download

i dont know what to do

Pokemon Sun or Moon requires about 3 GB.

1. How much free space does your SD card have?
2. Do any other games install correctly in freeShop? Nevermind, you answered this question.
3. Are you using arm9loaderhax (a9lh)?
4. Is your freeShop up to date (v4.1.3)?
5. Try a bare bone CFW test setup, reinstall freeShop, and install one copy of either Pokemon Sun/Moon. What happens?
6. Just for kicks, try downloading the game with CIAngel. Same thing?
Edit - There's also desktop Nintendo CDN downloader, Vanilla3DS.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Jacopo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@TurdPooCharger

1-my micro SD has about 25 gig free
3-i am using it
4-freeshop is updated to 4.1.3
5-i dont think it will be useful to do a reinstallment, i didnt do the first installation so i dont know if i will be able to do something similar XD

im trying vanilla3ds, what do i have to do after i have finished downloading the game?

also, i'm trying to open Luma on my 3ds but it gives me this error:
"Could not get status code
Ret code: -660561850

FATAL ERROR
Failed to obtain required data.
Press Start to exit."

maybe i cant install pokemon because of this?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Jacopo, the link for bulletin 3 has instructions in how to update arm9loaderhax to boot9strap. A9LH is outdated and has incompatibilities. You should have Luma3DS v9.0, GodMode9 v1.6.3 , and boot9strap v1.3 once it's done.

If you know the person who hacked your 3DS, tell him or her to switch to using 3ds.hacks.guide tutorial from now on.

The barebone setup and reinstalling freeShop was to quickly figure out what's wrong with your 3DS if it was using the newer hax. Do steps 5 and 4 if you still have you trouble after updating to B9S.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Jacopo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@TurdPooCharger

i have just tried to install the .cia downloaded with vanilla3ds using FBI, it took 80 minutes to fill the bar, then it gave me the same message freeshops gives me, the "fail to install content - error d085" ecc..

i dont know what to do

perhaps im gonna reinstall everything as you suggested

edit: i have just noticed that my 3ds has boot9strap installed, with all the folders showed in the picture present in the link you gave me on bulletin 3
so i believe i have to reinstall everything? is there a way to simply update luma without having to reinstall everything?

Last edited by Jacopo,

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
dont update because its mortal i m dumb and i updated and my 3ds has died and i dont know what to do :(
jeez someone can help me i m so scared because i dont know how return previous state in my console :(

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
dont update because its mortal i m dumb and i updated and my 3ds has died and i dont know what to do :(
jeez someone can help me i m so scared because i dont know how return previous state in my console :(

It's really easy you just need the updated boot.firm on your sdcard and copied to nand. Loads of posts already about this.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you update the open firmware to 11.8.0-41U/E/J recently? Your 3DS isn't dead. Nintendo pulled a fast one in borking Luma3DS, Rei-Six, and several other CFW stuff.

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for help i put native.firm in luma and all works normal actually i dont touch updates or anything anymore until i feel prepared for do that or read its safe because ironically will be paranoid in 1.17 and its nothing and 1.18 for be over convinced never happens anything bum find that error and song of silence plays in my mind

thanks for everything and still i dont updated my freeshop i have question about freeshop
when 3ds doesnt have any release because his lifespan has passed away freeshop still works in more cache versions or exists point when doesn t need any update? or any support bucause nintendo are focused in switch?
as i said thanks everyone for help and thanks people in scene everyday makes magnificent things

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good evening/morning/what have you,

11.8 changes some things with how the 3DS communicates from the CDN (it now sends some more stuff). While no reports for bans for using freeShop have been reported yet (note: if you do get banned, send me a PM either here or on discord using modmail with proof), I would like to note that using freeShop is very likely to get you banned in the near future.

As a side note, this also goes for installing 'backups' and using them online (which freeShop doesn't exactly facilitate, but still).

There is no known fix to avoid this.

The only way to avoid this is to not use freeShop at all and not going online with games installed from freeShop (as it spoofs tickets).

Twitter source from SciresM:

Have an excellent day,
noirscape

Amendment: It has been brought to my attention as a follow-up that bans are extremely unlikely as long as you download normally (3DS doesnt send unique data when just downloading normally). That said, freeShop is very likely to break in the near feature thanks to the changes in the way the 3DS talks to the CDN and sleep mode downloads will probably very likely lead to a ban as those do send unique data as well as a fake ticket.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd,

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

11.8 changes some things with how the 3DS communicates from the CDN (it now sends some more stuff). While no reports for bans for using freeShop have been reported yet (note: if you do get banned, send me a PM either here or on discord using modmail with proof), I would like to note that using freeShop is very likely to get you banned in the near future.

As a side note, this also goes for installing 'backups' and using them online (which freeShop doesn't exactly facilitate, but still).

The only way to avoid this is to not use freeShop at all and not going online with games installed from freeShop (as it spoofs tickets).

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1024327784892530689

Have an excellent day,
noirscape

Amendment: It has been brought to my attention as a follow-up that bans are extremely unlikely as long as you download normally (3DS doesnt send unique data when just downloading normally). That said, freeShop is very likely to break in the near feature thanks to the changes in the way the 3DS talks to the CDN and sleep mode downloads will probably very likely lead to a ban as those do send unique data as well as a fake ticket.
Going online is no problem, as only installations are sending tickets to Nintendo. Also, you can avoid this by installing CIAs with FBI because it uses another installation manager.

Last edited by aarti,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1024327784892530689

Have an excellent day,
noirscape

It sounds like it might be a good idea to have the ability to do sleep mode downloading disabled by default, with a checkbox (and scary warning) to enable it.

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never liked accidentally starting sleep mode downloads. Don't forget the "present" nag it creates. I'd be all for disabling it.

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
okay in this point its good idea use freeshop or direcly scan from fbi? because simply i dont follow what people talking about anyone can explain?

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Would love a full clarification from a dev on that one tho: What exactly does freeShop send to Nintendo's CDN when requesting download? I know it doesn't send the ticket, but is it just the titleid to be dowloaded, or does it send any console unique data?

Reactions: KyoIsHacking

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would love a full clarification from a dev on that one tho: What exactly does freeShop send to Nintendo's CDN when requesting download? I know it doesn't send the ticket, but is it just the titleid to be dowloaded, or does it send any console unique data?
freeShop simply makes an HTTP request for the content files available on the CDN, which the CDN then responds with the content files. No console unique data is transferred.

This new update makes the 3DS's NIM module (NIM is the module that takes care of downloads from the eShop as well as system updates) send along two different headers, one of which is currently believed to be an encrypted version of the ticket.

freeShop itself does not normally use NIM, unless you choose to start a sleep download, which does use NIM.

The ticket freeShop forges is a spoofed ticket that tricks the 3DS into thinking it is a legitimate ticket (it is not a legitimate ticket). While we can trick the 3DS into accepting this forged ticket, it is not possible to trick Nintendo's servers. This new CDN change will very likely eventually make it required to send the new headers (the main reason I can think of as to why it isn't enabled already are home menu game updates as Nintendo gives about two weeks before you need to update to use online outside the eShop), which freeShop does not and will not send along. This would very likely end up being denied by their CDN as the tickets that freeShop makes are not legitimate.

You can swap out freeShop with any other CDN downloading tool that has been created over the past two years.

You should not end up being banned by using freeShop (or other on device CDN tools) normally, but if you use NIM to download it (sleep download), you will send this invalid ticket, and they could use this to ban you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: