Hacking No more chance to install adrenaline?

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've heard that the spoofing no longer works and every time you go to PSN store it will ask you to update, I have 3.60 henkakued and I want adrenaline on my vita to play psp games but I need a psp demo in order to get adrenaline, but I can't access psn now that the spoofing is no longer working, I don't have ps3 or any other means to get a psp demo in my vita, am I doomed and locked out of adrenaline forever? Can't someone pack a psp demo as vpk so it can be installed in molecule/vitashell?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JUST........... wait. :ninja:

Seriously, just be paitent okay? just don't rush things, you seem very aware of the situation and circumstances so you can be paitent and hope solutions will come or just go on with things, is no big deal of loss. Not like the end of your world with no vita hacks. People have and seem to come through with finding a way to make stuff happen so is just time will tell. :)

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Just spit balling here....

I made this guide a while back http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=41154

It used a PSP DEMO PKG.

Well.......

You can always make a PKG installer bubble if you follow this guide: http://wololo.net/2016/08/22/ps-vita-installing-package-installer-firmware-3-60/

Its just a case of finding a DEMO that boots - Without a license - and if memory serves me right Dragonropa did

Just take the bits from older methods and try them out on your VITA. If you get success then post back and tell the Masses.

Somebody mentioned using the VHBL bubble as a trigger as well but im not sure thats a viable option

Last edited by mummysboy,
Reactions: yuyuyup

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It used a PSP DEMO PKG.

Well.......

You can always make a PKG installer bubble if you follow this guide: http://wololo.net/2016/08/22/ps-vita-installing-package-installer-firmware-3-60/

Its just a case of finding a DEMO that boots - Without a license - and if memory serves me right Dragonropa did

Just take the bits from older methods and try them out on your VITA. If you get success then post back and tell the Masses.

Somebody mentioned using the VHBL bubble as a trigger as well but im not sure thats a viable option

Does that mean if I follow the guide in the links that you posted, I can get adrenaline to install on my 3.60 without the need to get a game from psn?

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country
I am trying to find a way that doesnt involve PSN

Here is a list of all PKG's discovered by various users and posted on Hackinformer http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/misc/zeuslinks.txt

At the minute i can make a VHBL bubble - but its failing to boot as the DEMO has no rif file. The old method involved cloning a known games rif file and then it booted.

I am almost positive one booted without a rif file though.

In essence you need to :

Update your PKG Installer
Install a PKG that boots the PSP EMU
use that title as your adrenaline one.

The hard part is finding the right pkg

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

It used a PSP DEMO PKG.

Well.......

I read multiple people confirming changing the VHBL should work fine (I haven't tried it yet) hopefully your idea will be viable for others

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't there used to be a website that hosted psp demos that didn't need license files? I remember downloading japanese demos on there to try since i didn't know any other way to download them from psn nor did i have a account at the time since it was for 18 and older.:unsure:

I found the site but it either must be acessed from a PC web browser, or they have a android app. :P

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country
I think i am over complicating this.

Cant you just FTP over some Signed homebrew for the PSP into the ux:\pspemu\PSP\GAME\ and use that combined with a little bit of app.db editing? I know the bubble appears but would it launch?

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cant you just FTP over some Signed homebrew for the PSP into the ux:\pspemu\PSP\GAME\ and use that combined with a little bit of app.db editing? I know the bubble appears but would it launch?

Is this question directed at me? because I am a newbie I have no clue what you are talking about, all too technical for me, all I know is henkaku to play vita backups and adrenaline for psp backups, and I can't install adrenaline without a PSP game or demo, if you can figure something out please try it, a million thanks for your effort and expertise!

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had an exploitable vita since henkaku was new but IIRC you can just use the old pkg installer method and a Japanese psp demo.

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country
its an open question.

I keep hitting the need for a liscence file and im throwing other ideas out there.

I still had all my PSP games and MINI's on my PC Backed up - im just trying to help out, maybe jog some idea out of someone else. For example - PSP-INSTALLER used the mail app to install stuff, im not sure if its particular exploit was patched FW3.52 but thats another thought,

One of the older hacks may well prove useful again. You never know, however i think your (VITAMINER) best chance is to try the PKG installer mod and try your luck with the JP DEMO's.

If i have any more brain farts or any success ill post back.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

The Vita can't run signed PSP homebrew, there's an additional layer of security that requires license files specifically signed for your PSN account.

As to the OP, at the moment the only way to transfer games is either via PKG installer, or by using the PS3 trick (which I'm not even sure actually works anymore >.>).

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by mummysboy,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
IIRC Remote download doesn't work anymore.

Another way would be using another Vita/PSTV that has your PSN account activated on it and is updated all the way. Then you backup the PSP demo with QCMA, and transfer it to the 3.60 Vita. But, that assumes you have another Vita/PSTV.

Thankfully PSTVs are super cheap nowadays so it wouldn't be "too" expensive.

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much, mummysboy! Feel very honored by you posting in this thread and helping me, given the fact that you are a long time member since 2009 and you post very rarely and haven't posted in a long time and to see you popping up here and helping out, really appreciate it! And also thanks to others who replied.

Last edited by Vitaminer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma. +1