Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could be possible to sync with gametdb.com example?
We try to avoid using 3rd party sites. Anyway, we're pretty far at reverse-engineering ninja and samurai ( https://www.3dbrew.org/w/index.php?title=EShop#URLs ) which are the servers the eShop itself uses to get artwork and stuff... So no promises as we try to crack the last problem since around a year but to answer your question: Maybe.

Reactions: CrisMod and ArgoRV

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We try to avoid using 3rd party sites. Anyway, we're pretty far at reverse-engineering ninja and samurai ( https://www.3dbrew.org/w/index.php?title=EShop#URLs ) which are the servers the eShop itself uses to get artwork and stuff... So no promises as we try to crack the last problem since around a year but to answer your question: Maybe.
Thank you for the "Maybe" word, because anyway it's an open view/ consideration from your side.

Just I tell you this, because you chosen the nice color tones, and style of the app, would be more immersive with the option of the covers view because sometimes there are titles with similar name and a preview of the cover game will help you to choose what you are really going to install....

Reactions: ArgoRV

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Doesn't it do this automatically? I'm pretty sure it regularly checks for updates, even if it wasn't on when that particular update was released. If you could just leave it on for a day (probably less, as long as it's not in use), it should find any updates.
Wrong thread?

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country

Aroma​

• Move NUSspli.wuhb to (SD:/wiiu/apps/).
  • Run it from the HOME Menu.
How does this install to the Home Menu?!

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This is thinking on people who have a slow internet connection and leave the console downloading for hours (usually at night)
I have 2 Questions:

1. Does Nusspli disable automatic turn off of the console after 1hr in idle status?

2. In case Power Saving settings have to be disabled, Is there a way to set an automatic shutdown after 20min without any activity in Nusspli (installed/downloaded/error) ?

Last edited by ArgoRV,

dman1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently switched from CBHC to Tiramisu, and updated to 1.79.

I'm able to fully download content, yet when I go to install, I'm greeted with a red screen reminding me to make sure 01_sigpatches.rpx is in the /wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup folder. Thing is, I am 100% certain it is there, and double checked by putting my SD card back into my computer to make sure.

I tried some different, much smaller content and it downloaded and installed no problem. But this particular content (13 GB) keeps giving me this red screen, even after I deleted it from the SD card and downloaded it again. Also, I can't seem to install it with the WUP installer either.

I don't see the files being corrupt twice in a row after redownloading them, and the SD card (FAT32, 32kb clusters) has barely been used so I doubt it is corrupted. Has anyone else landed in a similar situation?

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    672.1 KB · Views: 151
  • azazazaz.jpg
    azazazaz.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 80

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I read my answer on page 1 just now, so if I was to get a wii lan adapter the download speed won’t really be too different. Not too sure if page one is still the case with download speeds anymore. I just found out my plugable lan adapter wasn’t compatible with the wiiu.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I believe I read my answer on page 1 just now, so if I was to get a wii lan adapter the download speed won’t really be too different. Not too sure if page one is still the case with download speeds anymore. I just found out my plugable lan adapter wasn’t compatible with the wiiu.
Even with a compatible adapter you don't get much higher download speeds I would say.

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Recently switched from CBHC to Tiramisu, and updated to 1.79.

I'm able to fully download content, yet when I go to install, I'm greeted with a red screen reminding me to make sure 01_sigpatches.rpx is in the /wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup folder. Thing is, I am 100% certain it is there, and double checked by putting my SD card back into my computer to make sure.
What's the title ID you try to install?
I don't see the files being corrupt twice in a row after redownloading them
Title ID?

Not too sure if page one is still the case with download speeds anymore
That information is out of date: Modern NUSspli does some things to tune the TCP stream for WiFi. Still you should get better speeds with an adapter.
I just found out my plugable lan adapter wasn’t compatible with the wiiu.
The Wii U supports one chipset only. There's a ugreen adapter not too expensive (and way cheaper than the official one from Nintendo). I think it's the USB 2.0 and 10/100 Mbit/s one but you might want to confirm this before purchasing. [EDIT]It's this one: https://www.ugreen.com/products/usb-2-0-ethernet-adapter *[/edit]
Do not search for cheap china adapters through: They don't ship what they say they do but what they have available and the correct chipset is old / rare.

//EDIT:
*)
5_70bf96b9-3d62-488e-87ba-b7ca30dd7945-115661_1230x1600.jpg

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: fst312

Dalister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NUSspli, the NUS simple package loader / installer.

home.jpg

search.jpg

dl.jpg

success.jpg

Important note

If you have any issues try to load this from https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/homebrew_launcher/releases/tag/v2.1_fix
Thanks to @alexander1970, @AmandaRose and @yoyoyo69 for figuring this out.

There's some version on the web calling itself Freeshop. I'm not associated with Freeshop or that version in any way and while it seems all they did was exchanging tga files in the zip file I wouldn't recommend using it and you won't get any support from my end when using it.
no-freeshop.png

Credits

Note that many of these guys did not work directly on NUSspli but I'm just using their work which they wrote before NUSspli was even an idea in my head. Do not contact any of these guys for support!
  • cJSON - The config file and the online API is in JSON format.
  • @E1ite007 for the artwork.
  • libgui - For allowing easy UI design.
  • @Pokes303 / WUPDownloader - For being the codebase of NUSspli.
  • @QuarkTheAwesome / RetroArch - For Quarkys awesome ASAN.
  • Simone Z. - Just for being that awesome human being she is.
  • WUP Installer (mostly Mod Y but also all other versions) - For having figured out how to install content and possible hickups while doing so.

BETA testers

Usage

I hope the tool is pretty self-explainatory but will slowly add more text to this section.

Bugs

See https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/issues

FAQ

Q: I'm using a version below 1.25 and am getting a red screen with a network error at startup. Why?
A: See this post.

Q: Why is the eShop downloading faster than this?
A: It isn't:

Q: So, uhm, why is this faster than the eShop?
A: I don't know the eShop codes but my guess is: While they do equal optimisations to the network and storage I/O NUSspli does refresh its GUI less often. To explain this a bit more: The eShop paints its GUI with 60 frames per second no matter what while NUSspli paints just one frame per second while downloading. Also there might be more background tasks running while the eShop downloads.

Q: ETA?
A: WEN.

Q: Who's Simone Z.?
A: Do you need to know everything? I don't think so... :P

Q: Why should I use this instead of [INSERT NAME OF OTHER NUS DOWNLOADING TOOL HERE] ?
A: It's up to you what to use but whenever you want to download/install something without knowing the key NUSspli is your only option.

Q: Are you breaking Nintendos copyright by using that font?
A: No. I'm just using normal API calls to get the font at runtime from the Wii Us operating system. NUSspli does not include a copy of that font!

Q: What's that background music?
A: It's the Dreamy Ambient Background Music Loop by Alexander Blu.

Q: Are you breaking @dimoks copyright by using the ASAN?
A: No. I'm just using codes written by @QuarkTheAwesome

Q: So you are breaking copyright of @QuarkTheAwesome !
A: That's no question. And no, I'm not. Quarky gave permission to relicense the codes.

Q: Why is this so much faster than WUPDownloader?
A: Optimisations everywhere.

Q: Does this contain a link to That Title Key Site?
A: No. In fact it doesn't use that title key site at all since version 1.9.

Q: How is this tool generating keys on its own?
A: It simply implements the informations given at https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-wii-u-titlekey-generation-algorithm-leaked.566318/

Q: Does this contain the Wii U common key, which might be a illegal number?
A: No. That key is stored on your console, so it grabs it at runtime.

Changelog

See GitHub (Source code).

Planned features

Note that this list is not setted in stone:
  • Even faster downloads.
  • Download to NAND.
  • Install from NAND.
  • A full fledged GX2 GUI.

Disclaimer

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

Download

Source code

https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli

i know im a bit late to the party, but can this install Wii games? or do i have to use something else?

tendomonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed Tiramisu + NUSspli and everything is great except for one odd issue. Title ID 0005000010176800 generates the error below. Downloaded again to rule out a bad download.

"Possible incorrect console for DLC title.tik file"

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can this install Wii games?
In case these games are on the eShop (listed here: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database ) - Yes.
In case these games are injects and you want to use NUSspli like WUP Installer - Yes.
Downloads and installs just fine for me.
Dlc is 0005000c as the high id.
0005000c10176800 is not available on the NUS. So @tendomonkey what exactly is generating this error?

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The bird is the word! +1