NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I test the player and I shoud say that for now work very fine and I get impresed with all options included on it.

As adition, have a lot of potential, not only to view media on portable mode, having a dock on diferents TV's you can move the player fast and easy.

The unic bad point, its the navigation to files, I see it confuse for now, but it's normal on first releases I guess and didn't support some network protocols.

Suggestions:

- NFS support, I have a media server based on Debian installed on my home network and testing diferent protocols, NFS seems work better on Kodi and Plesk players than FTP or WWW.

- A media library like Kodi/Plesk

Thanks for this awesome player ^^

Reactions: proconsule54

tataniko

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
@tataniko stop spamming this thread with off-topic pseudo religious posts, this thread is about NXMP. Also the Switch does not have 'power saving mode', I hope you aren't asking the developer to support underclocking.
Just calm down, just control your self & meditate - it is not special. :)

@proconsule54
Most live stream works, but live streams with m3u8 extension of the end does not start, while they work fine in mpv.

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I test the player and I shoud say that for now work very fine and I get impresed with all options included on it.

As adition, have a lot of potential, not only to view media on portable mode, having a dock on diferents TV's you can move the player fast and easy.

The unic bad point, its the navigation to files, I see it confuse for now, but it's normal on first releases I guess and didn't support some network protocols.

Suggestions:

- NFS support, I have a media server based on Debian installed on my home network and testing diferent protocols, NFS seems work better on Kodi and Plesk players than FTP or WWW.

- A media library like Kodi/Plesk

Thanks for this awesome player ^^

Sorry, I confused this with pplay, the navigation are better and easy, but I still recomend the library.

About the player, I really apreciate the options to change tracks and chapters, but I miss the player UI overlay (progress bar, time, etc etc...), I think that a player overlay with info + actions make the homebrew more accesible than learn the hotkeys.

Tested FTP option with dedicated server on my LAN work very fine without lags, with NFS should be more optimal.

I can confirm the crash entering on empty local folder.

For now, didn't encounter any problem with codecs, all of my media formats play without issues (my TV didn't play some of my media through USB and the homebrew yes).

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Between versions, would you mind adding to the readme, or a file in the docs, of how to compile? The libusbhsfs library is bad enough (doesn't build right out of the box like any other switch lib, and tries to use pacman, while many people are stuck with dkp-pacman, instead of simply telling us what we should have installed) so I just grabbed the latest build of that and installed it manually, but nxmp seems to want other libs that I don't see listed in dkp-pacman.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Between versions, would you mind adding to the readme, or a file in the docs, of how to compile? The libusbhsfs library is bad enough (doesn't build right out of the box like any other switch lib, and tries to use pacman, while many people are stuck with dkp-pacman, instead of simply telling us what we should have installed) so I just grabbed the latest build of that and installed it manually, but nxmp seems to want other libs that I don't see listed in dkp-pacman.
Yes i have ported some (like lua) and now i am porting SQLite also.
other that i use a custom comipled version of ffmpeg and mpv
I have to do a readme to get all done.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
This one is nice, but just a suggesting, please allow the app to remember that last filepath and open that location upon next start.
Or at least allow us to set our default media folder.

tataniko

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
@proconsule54
I am with you from the beginning, I helped you many, we worked together for the kids, but now we are going to a bad direction like VLC.

The current state of NXMP is fine, it is not complicated, pure & clear like MPV, but if you fill the GUI & the player with many options, then we lost the simple way.

@Godorowski has real mind with aspect ratio & he was the only one, who suggested you to keep the player simple. Thanks Godorowski, you helped a lot.

But my suggestion is that, do not follow the random people & their wishes here, they have complicated mind with full of ignorance, but keep the player simple, therefore do not release any version, just wait for hardware accelerator & clear the code. The GUI is slow & not working on low firmware.

If you want to follow the random people here, please remove my name from NXMP github page, because this means that, I can't help you anymore, we lost the way, the pure & clear mind. But if you follow the simple mind, the eternal life, please keep in touch with me on the Facebook. Thank you & love you.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@proconsule54
I am with you from the beginning, I helped you many, we worked together for the kids, but now we are going to a bad direction like VLC.

The current state of NXMP is fine, it is not complicated, pure & clear like MPV, but if you fill the GUI & the player with many options, then we lost the simple way.

@Godorowski has real mind with aspect ratio & he was the only one, who suggested you to keep the player simple. Thanks Godorowski, you helped a lot.

But my suggestion is that, do not follow the random people & their wishes here, they have complicated mind with full of ignorance, but keep the player simple, therefore do not release any version, just wait for hardware accelerator & clear the code. The GUI is slow & not working on low firmware.

If you want to follow the random people here, please remove my name from NXMP github page, because this means that, I can't help you anymore, we lost the way, the pure & clear mind. But if you follow the simple mind, the eternal life, please keep in touch with me on the Facebook. Thank you & love you.

What you wrote is not true.
The player IS still simple and the user experience is the same if you are not using the right menu, just click and play.
All options are so called optional. if you dont want to use it it act the same as 0.1.0 version.
I said i want to keep the same user experience and the user experience is the same.

Suggestions are always welcome and i bring features that not change the user experience.
If you want to be removed from the Thanks to section i will do it but i don't know why.

Reactions: Chocola

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@tataniko
the paradigm Simple = good Complicated = bad is not always true.
Philosophy is complicated but is good, War is simple but not good.
Physics is complicated but is good Nuclear bombs are simple but not good.

Be sure that the base user exp of NXMP will be the same. but limit my creativity is not possible

tataniko

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you want to be removed from the Thanks to section i will do it but i don't know why.
Because we have deeper relationship than a program code, like NXMP or Pplay.

When I was in Sicily (Cerda) at 2012, I met a real philosopher, Carmen from North (Italy). She wrote a book from Socrates, she had a community with many students from Palermo University. She & her students joined me & we practice meditation together & we talked a lot about wisdom. I still have friend from that community on Facebook.

So, we started working together, but we have to go deeper level. I don't want to stop your creativity, but the life is more than video games, computers & coding. Just think about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socrates

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, we started working together, but we have to go deeper level. I don't want to stop your creativity, but the life is more than video games, computers & coding. Just think about it.
Sure, but here we must stay on topic talking of NXMP.
You have to agree that the base user exp is still the same regardless the options added.

Reactions: tataniko

tataniko

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sure, but here we must stay on topic talking of NXMP.
You have to agree that the base user exp is still the same regardless the options added.

Okay, let's go back to NXMP, but everyone needs to understand something important.
The life is more than video games, computers & coding.
The current direction of Nintendo Switch Scene is fake.
The true way of Nintendo Scene is the wisdom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la