Benandanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JumpSuperStars.jpg

Game Name: Jump Super Stars

Release Date: JP 08/08/05

Even though it may seem redundant, I actually prefer this over Jump Ultimate Stars in a lot of areas. Would it be possible to transfer any of the work done from the JUS translation, such as the Komas, Koma explanations, manga descriptions. etc, into this, and would translating the information that's different (level objectives, Komas that weren't included in JUS) be difficult, assuming that it uses the same engine?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
@Benandanti: I don't want to be negative or say that's a bad idea, but I really don't see it happening. Jump Ultimate Stars improves everything from the previous games, adds lots of new characters, and the translation is already very very far. I really doubt someone would want to work on this because of the simple fact that they'll say "If there's already a translation of the second (better) game, why should we go back to the first game?"

Benandanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
@Benandanti: I don't want to be negative or say that's a bad idea, but I really don't see it happening. Jump Ultimate Stars improves everything from the previous games, adds lots of new characters, and the translation is already very very far. I really doubt someone would want to work on this because of the simple fact that they'll say "If there's already a translation of the second (better) game, why should we go back to the first game?"

It was the fact that a lot of work was put into the JUS translation that made me think that it'd be good if further use could be made from it. The Komas used are virtually identical (with the exception of Hikaru no Go, which is strangely omitted from JUS), and I'd suspect the character/series descriptions would be the same. The instructions would be similar as well, (with the exception of team-up attacks, also omitted from JUS) and the only real differences I could imagine that would need translating would be the story mode, which is basically a list of objectives. IIRC there's no quiz mode either.

It was the (and I mean no disrespect by this) relative straightforwardness of adapting significant portions of the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl english translation to Pokemon Platinum which made me think that the reverse could be true; that a previous game using the same engine could benefit from the successor's translation. (by the same token, it might be possible to use parts of the official Kira Kira Pop Princess translation with its sequel, 'Pinky Street Kira Kira - Music Night', though it may still get an official translation yet.)

That's to say that I assume that it uses the same engine, which I was basing my whole request on. I wouldn't have asked for it if it meant a full-scale project. If the tools and translations that already exist for JUS are incompatible with JSS then I'd gladly retract this suggestion; I just figured that if they already existed and were compatible, why not reuse them?

As for the "If there's already a translation of the second (better) game, why should we go back to the first game?" question.....well, why play Street Fighter II when you've got Super Street Fighter II Turbo? Even if there are 'improvements' with the newer ones, the older ones will still have their fans. Personally, I enjoyed abusing the 'Sanji + as many females as possible' deck in JSS, which they nerfed considerably in JUS, and could do without certain support characters that were added in JUS. (Saint Seiya in particular)

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Maybe because Street Fighter II and Street Fighter II Turbo are the same Street Fighter II? I mean, unlike JUS and JSS, Turbo doesn't really improve alot in case of characters, it's the ol' and good lookin' SF II, but JUS here.....

That said, Turbo and Standard won't make alot of difference while JUS and JSS will

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Translation of the Japanese DSi interface on and all it's options on paper would be nice
smile.gif

This way i just have to print it out and can set up my DSi descent
smile.gif

Ok, it's not a game, but it's easier to do then a game
tongue.gif
, no hacking required
wink.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Benandanti said:
War said:

It was the fact that a lot of work was put into the JUS translation that made me think that it'd be good if further use could be made from it. The Komas used are virtually identical (with the exception of Hikaru no Go, which is strangely omitted from JUS), and I'd suspect the character/series descriptions would be the same. The instructions would be similar as well, (with the exception of team-up attacks, also omitted from JUS) and the only real differences I could imagine that would need translating would be the story mode, which is basically a list of objectives. IIRC there's no quiz mode either.

It was the (and I mean no disrespect by this) relative straightforwardness of adapting significant portions of the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl english translation to Pokemon Platinum which made me think that the reverse could be true; that a previous game using the same engine could benefit from the successor's translation. (by the same token, it might be possible to use parts of the official Kira Kira Pop Princess translation with its sequel, 'Pinky Street Kira Kira - Music Night', though it may still get an official translation yet.)

That's to say that I assume that it uses the same engine, which I was basing my whole request on. I wouldn't have asked for it if it meant a full-scale project. If the tools and translations that already exist for JUS are incompatible with JSS then I'd gladly retract this suggestion; I just figured that if they already existed and were compatible, why not reuse them?

As for the "If there's already a translation of the second (better) game, why should we go back to the first game?" question.....well, why play Street Fighter II when you've got Super Street Fighter II Turbo? Even if there are 'improvements' with the newer ones, the older ones will still have their fans. Personally, I enjoyed abusing the 'Sanji + as many females as possible' deck in JSS, which they nerfed considerably in JUS, and could do without certain support characters that were added in JUS. (Saint Seiya in particular)
Not all games uses the same format in the sequel/prequel. JUS, if I remember, had compressed files, which I doubt the first game uses the same. Pokemon D/P/Pt used very similar data that it was almost identical, which I think was the reason why file switching worked. But I doubt it will be the same for JUS/JSS.
And from what I remember, there is a partial translation patch for JSS (only a very little portion)

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think there's a chance that Noitora will pick SRW back up once he's done with his current projects. At least I hope so...

I know for sure that he has an updated patch, though. But I'm not sure how much it covers.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
War said:
I think there's a chance that Noitora will pick SRW back up once he's done with his current projects. At least I hope so...

I know for sure that he has an updated patch, though. But I'm not sure how much it covers.
It covers most menus that were left untranslated I also can't touch the story because of the compression.I can do the Spirits though.

GTK_Kheirro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Full Name: 2815 - Soul Eater Medousa no Inbou (J)
Filesize: 23.6 MB
Region: Japan
Genre: Action, RPG | Report Incorrect Genre
Release ID: 2815

947637_104200_front.jpg

It's sure that most of you all know this anime , im a fun of this anime too (i m at the 30th episode) and the producer of this anime is the famous company squarenix. Now its a game and he keep the same awesomness of the anime to bad (like everything good) it's only in japeness and there is no officiel date fo us release , so why not translate it so everyone could enjoy this fantastique game, the rom size is pretty small to translate just the menu if you have not the time to translate all the game.

enjoy the trailer
wink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGDncMu5LjU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A