"Official Xbox Podcast" to stream on February 15th, 2024

GGJ4slBaQAAVIfk.jpeg

Xbox has announced on their official social media accounts the date for their upcoming "Official Xbox Podcast", which was mentioned last week to be scheduled for this week, with rumours running rampant about Xbox's upcoming business changes.

The podcast will stream on February 15th, 2024 at 12PM PT / 3PM ET and 8PM GMT, and will feature Phil Spencer, Sarah Bond and Matt Booty talking about updated and changes in regards to Xbox business decisions going forward.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What features could possibly make consoles stand out from other devices/PCs at this point, though? I'm drawing a total blank, and it seems Microsoft and Sony are too.
If consoles went back to being solely about games it'd be for the better than attempt to be media center devices and whatnot.

And play games straight from the discs, but I guess that's not possible.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If consoles went back to being solely about games it'd be for the better than attempt to be media center devices and whatnot.
Would be a hard sell trying to convince people less is more. If people really want to, they can already use them solely for gaming.

And play games straight from the discs, but I guess that's not possible.
It might be possible, but if so it would increase load times substantially. A big step backward from the instant loads we've grown accustomed to with next-gen systems.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People are overblowing this completely.

A few smaller games may go muti plat but Xbox isn't going anywhere (until the streaming future catches up)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are overblowing this completely.

A few smaller games may go muti plat but Xbox isn't going anywhere (until the streaming future catches up)
While I agree that Xbox isn't going to go anywhere, they'll keep making hardware. I do believe that we will learn that their largest games are going to go multiplatform, Yes, I am saying that I do expect to see the likes of Halo on the PS5 and even the Switch 2 in time.

Edit: watching the podcast now, it will be 4 yet-to-be revealed titles that Phil says will make sense. It's all but confirmed that Hi Fi Rush is coming to Switch, I'm guessing that is 1 of the 4 games. The games will be revealed on the terms of the teams releasing them, so likely in locations like Directs.

Still, I could see the likes of The Master Chief Collection receiving a multiplatform release all the same.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Megadriver94

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...