OGPP: Your favourite video game franchise?

Your favourite game franchise?

• Castlevania

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy

• Mario Bros.

• Megaman

• Metal Gear Solid

• Metroid

• Pokémon

• Resident Evil

• Street Fighter

• Zelda

• Sonic

• Other...

• Total voters

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Castlevania : Series is fun, but it's not something I would buy a console for.
Final Fantasy : Not interested anymore.
Mario Bros : My vote. Fantastic gameplay is all I need.
Megaman : Dead to me.
Metal Gear Solid : Very Good, But not on top of the list.
Metroid : Not my cup of tea. I personally prefer Castlevania's progression system. Hunting for XP on the crapper... The perfect delight.
Pokémon : Never played it.
Resident Evil : Never was interested. If RE4 comes out for the wii at budget price, I'll see.
Street Fighter : Does that still exist?
Zelda : YES. But god I hate the "serious zelda fans".
Sonic : Memories... Oh, and what I said about zelda fans, only 10x worse!

Other : Tetris is pretty good, too.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Although deus ex (closely followed by RE) was my pick I think veho has the right idea.

Castlevania : Good, discovered late in the game for me though.
Final Fantasy : Main series sure (a good chunk of the reason I got into rom hacking, emulation and flash carts/similar devices), spin off games: save chronicles I have not played one I like (x-2 is a spinoff game as well).
Mario Bros : Mario on the nes is one of my earliest memories, all the games I have played with mario in I can appreciate as well.
Megaman : Dead to me as well, GB series: legendary, GBA and console started well be went into freefall.
Metal Gear Solid : Can not stand it.
Metroid : see castlevania.
Pokémon : Good sure, best no chance. Also Hitto I will have to resurrect my laptop or swap out the drive but I have IRC logs that show otherwise.
Resident Evil : not played outbreak but otherwise some of the best gaming experience.
Street Fighter : Show me mortal kombat any day.
Zelda : see castlevania.
Sonic : Apologies for those of a sensitive disposition but equivalent to a guy that saves your life then rapes your little sister.

Other: Bomberman: I was one of the few that liked bomberman 64.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Metroid is probably my favorite. Those games just always make me feel so satisfied once I complete them.
I agree.
To me it was a close call, Metroid or Zelda.
I chose metroid, however Zelda has seen more chapters, but if I have to choose between fantasy and sci-fi I choose the latter.
Too bad we don't see as many sequels for metroid as other franchise, but yes , once I go trough a metroid game the satisfaction in incomparable to anything else.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm distraught at the lack of Resident Evil love
frown.gif

I really have never thought that Resident Evil or Metal Gear games are very good. Or, if I do think that they're good, I think that a lot of people tend to overhype them.

That being said, I know that I need to play through RE4. I've heard that they apparently didn't change the formula much from the other games in the series (which I have played), but everyone loves it nonetheless. Meh.

Rubiximus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Back in the Gameboy Color days, when I was truly getting into gaming, I played my first RPG, which was Dragon Warrior I & II.
I love the first three Dragon Quests to no end. Even when I have games like FF VII and Twilight Princess, I repeatedly find myself, for reasons that I do not wholly understand, returning to a game with little storyline whose hours spent searching for orbs hidden in the most inconvenient places are numbered greatly. DW Monsters I don't know how much time I spent playing because the timer is maxed out. When DQ IX comes out, I will download the rom only because the game shall remain in the box at home.

And Tetris. I love Tetris. Tetris is like the Happy drug that balances out all of the depressingness that I mass from the rest of the games. I have the midi of the theme on my DS everywhere I go. It really is not possible to beat the immense, almost godlike wonder that is Tetris.

Nekoblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shining Force for me, 2 specifically. No game in the history of man will ever top the Shining Force series for me. Ever spent 20 hours straight playing a game? Shining Force 2 did that to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo