OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.olivebowlgraphics.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
I've made a mod for FE Heroes that basically changes up the textures of the game (nothing illegal since all the files are stored in Nintendo's Cache, which they easily can delete). I was wondering if it was ok to post the download for the mod on Temp because I don't wanna run into any other problems on here that I can't control, plus I'm not sure if posting .ipas or .apks is acceptable, or posting links to them (just GitHub links that also feature the files from the game that they can just build themselves) is acceptable, either.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"nothing illegal since all the files are stored in Nintendo's Cache, which they easily can delete"
Do elaborate there. We tend to have patches for hacked games so the only thing that gets shared is your edits; it matters not where any files might be within a game. I admit I am not so familiar with the android/ios modding scene on that front though so I don't know what they do there.

"plus I'm not sure if posting .ipas or .apks is acceptable"
If the file you are posting contains code you are not allowed to distribute then it would not be acceptable. If it just contains your data/edits, or is a means to install them, then carry on.

Merch

Tutorial God, Apparently.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.olivebowlgraphics.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
"nothing illegal since all the files are stored in Nintendo's Cache, which they easily can delete"
Do elaborate there. We tend to have patches for hacked games so the only thing that gets shared is your edits; it matters not where any files might be within a game. I admit I am not so familiar with the android/ios modding scene on that front though so I don't know what they do there.

"plus I'm not sure if posting .ipas or .apks is acceptable"
If the file you are posting contains code you are not allowed to distribute then it would not be acceptable. If it just contains your data/edits, or is a means to install them, then carry on.
To elaborate on the Cache thing, Heroes' Cache, if you weren't aware, contains every texture, voice, sound, & text in the game, & when a new update comes out, Nintendo just makes it that so the update clears out any of the edits you made before, because these updates are linked to the Cache files in the game, meaning that all the files in the game take up a huge chunk of MB (most notably around 300 - 500). To work around this, people can easily just copy the assets folder of where all the Cache is stored, put their own custom mods in there, & call it a day. For the .ipas & .apks, they're just my edits to the game, & people can just make their own at their own free will. I hope that clears uo stuff for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: