Hacking Omega in mass production

Cartoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The automation took a few minutes (~10) of preparation.
I took the cheat files from the Revo K101 - these are, AFAIK, the correct format (Haven't been able to test it yet, I am at work currently). This contains the .cht files in a numbered fashion (1854.cht, 0867.cht etc.) but it also contains a GameID.dat conveniently pairing the file numbers to the game code in a format like this:

ABCD1234EFGH5678[...]

I used notepad++ and regular expressions to place a semicolon between the game code and the number ID and add a line break after each grouping of Code/ID, resulting in a nice, CSV list that looked like this:

ABCD;1234
EFGH;5678
[..]

with ABCD being the game code and 1234 being the name of the .cht file. Doing some excel magic, I changed the list to look like this:

1234.cht;ABCD.cht
5678.cht;EFGH.cht
[..]

added a new column containing only the word "rename" before those two, making it look like this:

rename;1234.cht;ABCD.cht
rename;5678.cht;EFGH.cht
[...]

used notepad++ again to replace the semicolon with spaces

rename 1234.cht ABCD.cht
rename 5678.cht EFGH.cht
[...]

and voilá: I have a batch file that automagically renames the files accordingly :)

EDIT: There might be more elegant solutions, but thats the quickest solution I was able to come up with using tools I already have. Most of my time was spent figuring out how the regex line I found online works and addapt it to my needs.

Nifty way of doing this, but I have the feeling that a small bash script with a loop over the list would be more efficient off course ;)

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never really looked into it, but can the EZ-Flash Omega's PSRAM used by NDS for ram boosting? What would be a good way to test?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it not possible to use the cheats unless it is the scene release title format? I was considering doing cheats for the GB, GBC, and GBA games, I don't like how the cheats are just numbers instead of actual titles. I am willing to rename files if I have to just to meet a clean standard. I currently maintain the DS cheats so I figured why not spread to more consoles.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...