Online identity

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Deleted. You probably want to remove your quote of my post as well.
As for the others I am afraid I have cheesy medical TV shows to watch so that will have to take priority for my Friday evening.

Though I will ask. Cammygirl192 are you otherwise known as T************r?

Reactions: BurningDesire
D

Deleted User

FAST, did you just look through some of my threads for a brief moment? :P
(I'm testing my staff-stalking skills. ;))

D

Deleted User

@Voxel Studios , i was going to start trying myself , i got bored ... but it does seem you were all over minecraft for a while... loads of info there...
Yeah, I was kinda into Minecraft for a while. :wink:
I first got into it when I got my first Xbox One. (before I traded it in for a 360, hehe. :D)

I continued to be a minecraft freak until about a week after I got the Vita edition. Then I put my Vita down and decided that it was so 2011...

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So someone try and figure out my life story, I'm interested because there's quite frankly not much that I actually keep secret

However, I'm actually interested if anyone can find things like the school I attend, etc, just to see what people can come up with

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Mind doxing me next, FAST? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
doing you? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If he did that, he'd be sure to get a nice suspension from this site for a bit! ;)
that's not fair.
theese services are popular in hacking websites, this is a way to let you know if you protected your privacy\stuff enough to don't be traceable.
providing your info straight here, only protects you from the real "hackers" for a few seconds\minutes.. because the real troublemakers will find your info as easy has fast6191 does...
this excersice provides you a change to obsfucate\revaluate your security..
ok sure, he can always ommit the most sensitive info from a public board and send it to you via more private means, but trust me, if he knows your favorite dildo color is green, lots of other people already know it
while playing whit this stuff, transparency it's really important... if fast6191 decides to ommit certain info, he's not doing a good job..
what if he decides that he shouldn't tell you about your obsession of leaving pubic hair on your sheets to mark your territory, how can you fix it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If he did that, he'd be sure to get a nice suspension from this site for a bit! ;)
If I did it to someone randomly or that I was having an argument with or something then yeah that would probably get me a slapping, however as the would be user explicitly asked and presumably read a few pages of the thread to know what goes when they do then that is a different matter.

FAST, did you just look through some of my threads for a brief moment? :P
(I'm testing my staff-stalking skills. ;))
I did, though I am not sure it is stalking when I do not use any of the activity cloaking options on the site.

I checked mainly as nobody thus far has had a proper personal site that I have found and as such I have not been able to do all the fun things I can do when I know a real website address (you might have domain privacy but that £100 a year for infinite space, bandwidth and any number of sites/domain hosting plan you shared with a few friends and local businesses might not have all sprung for domain privacy -- I find the other domains on the IP and I probably now know whereabouts you live), Most other people I just scan their profile, see any the links in their signature, posts on the forum and go out from there using pipl, http://regex.info/exif.cgi , http://www.integrascan.com/ , whatever find your distant relatives thing is around, census data (the US takes a while to publish its stuff, the UK is far quicker) and such before feeding whatever I have back into search engines (also checking search engine caches and http://archive.org/ ). I do not do any proper hacking*, I am already GBAtemp so I have that but I do not sign up for any forums/sites (anybody doing it for real will do that in heartbeat and said sign up will probably break down most doors for most forums), thus far I have not used any moderator abilities I have on GBAtemp to help me there either (mods can see IP addresses you post from after all), as I have skype open I stuck things in the skype directory and the email thing I did on burningdesire was probably as far as I have gone yet (also trivial to do which is why it is considered bad security/privacy practice for a website to do that). I do also want to emphasise the softer aspect of it all -- names, emails and such are fun but lists of interests, turns of phrase and commonalities there are what big boy detectives, analysts and investigators are on the lookout for. Similarly when I found burningdesire's school if I had not already known an address I would have possibly been able to guess something if I pulled up a school district map for that area, I mentioned the grade and time of posting of the news article for that honor roll thing which would have given an age bracket. Going a step further then if you are looking for a location you look at times of postings on forums and such -- most people are not always posting at 4am, the choice of language (despite the curse of sesame street I do still speak UK English so http://www.onestopenglish.com/gramm...ritish-english-grammar-article/152820.article becomes worth looking for), any potentially local references they might make....
Anyway on the matter of the basic stuff it is quite boring to keep doing that, hence the draw of the cheesy medical shows. Not to mention you could always do it to yourself. It is harder, but not impossible, as you can fill in blanks that I would not be able to, not to mention when people are reading things they might gloss over any errors I have and see all their personal info dumped into a post among the noise (there is a related concept in psychology called gambler's memory where they only remember the good times and blank the bad).

*sticking feed?activity_view=1 at the end of someone's youtube channel or profile is not exactly hacking, and if you think it is cool then you probably also want to read https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?hl=en

I do have some fancy stuff that the average person might not (it is good to have friends that owe you a favour), however I am not going to use it here.

Edit. I was made aware of it before but that youtube channel is nothing to do with me, not sure who set that one up. Equally in this instance I do not care but it is best to be careful doing this sort of thing, and especially if you are then posting it in public when the person you are doing it to has not asked you to.

Reactions: Deleted User

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think this is all very interesting. Privacy really is a big deal. And considering you need only a few things to largely uncover someone, I'm taking another look at my privacy.

slighlty offtopic: Where does the phrase 'doxxing someone' come from?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wanted to download the Sonic manía plus android versión cuz i have Netflix but my phone isnt compatible
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Wanted to download the Sonic manía plus android versión cuz i have Netflix but my phone isnt...