Online identity

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is all very interesting. Privacy really is a big deal. And considering you need only a few things to largely uncover someone, I'm taking another look at my privacy.

slighlty offtopic: Where does the phrase 'doxxing someone' come from?
If I am correct it means finding their personal info

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
whoa whoa whoa, how did you know?? :O;)
well, i didn't but i do know that it must be a color inside the range that human eyes can see.
like i do know your gbatemp combination is a bunch of 0 and 1 in a specific order...

edit: forgot to had
asking for this kind of stuff, you must be aware of the consequences...
this is like asking on reddit to be roasted. provide the picture. and then complain about they are making fun of your obvious wart...
or like leaving your house doors open to see what it would happen and then complain that you were robbed...
the thing is, the people you ask for "tracing your stuff" will eventually find a trace and this is your change of fixing that trace and evaluate what that fat dude with an ejaculator 3000 can find about you...
if you complain about what they did found. i am sorry but you are really stupid.. you should find a cave or jungle, and start a new life outside of civilization..

Last edited by migles,
D

Deleted User

well, i didn't but i do know that it must be a color inside the range that human eyes can see.
like i do know your gbatemp combination is a bunch of 0 and 1 in a specific order....
Meh. It was kind of a mini-joke anyway...

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like i do know your gbatemp combination is a bunch of 0 and 1 in a specific order...

edit: forgot to had
asking for this kind of stuff, you must be aware of the consequences...
this is like asking on reddit to be roasted. provide the picture. and then complain about they are making fun of your wart...
or like leaving your house doors open to see what it would happen and then complain that you were robbed...
the thing is, the people you ask for "tracing your stuff" will eventually find a trace and this is your change of fixing that trace...
if you complain about what they did found. i am sorry but you should find a cave or jungle, and start a new life outside of civilization..
If your talking about me. I had a good reason. I am currently looking for a job... I don't really want the researches knowing I am on this site xD (for reason I am sure you can understand) I mean. I also didn't expect him to find that much stuff about me to be completely honest xD.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There might be alternative stories concerning the etymology of the term but I imagine it stems from warez and hacker groups from similar circles where dox is info (see various nfos saying things like our dox division), though it tends not to refer to personal info as much as product info or occasionally types of crack. As things then have a tendency to become a verb (googling, hoovering, xeroxing, bicing (bic razor -- shaving, probably to remove all hair) and so forth) the act of gathering info became doxxing.

Reactions: Ev1l0rd

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
If your talking about me. I had a good reason. I am currently looking for a job... I don't really want the researches knowing I am on this site xD (for reason I am sure you can understand) I mean. I also didn't expect him to find that much stuff about me to be completely honest xD.
it was not because of that reason, i saw voxel saying fast will get suspended\banned.. and if that did happen it was really unfair for the person that does the inspection at your request...
before asking for this services, you should get your head think, what info you got on the internet.. and think what you don't want people to find..
get 2 or 3 identities.. the real one, that you use for job for real life friends and important stuff..
the one that you use for fun (like online forums, websites like deviant art, your obsession for george clooney's toe nails)
and the third one if you need it for example for talk with strangers you find online etc..
the problem most of the times is separate your identities...
for example i failed this test because i use my real email on gbatemp.. the website admin will easily find my social media, and link this info with lots of othet accounts i forgot i had.. or old info i leaved..

Reactions: BurningDesire

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Do you people actually realise that me saying that "FAST would be suspended for doxing me" was just a bit of sarcasm?
well, some people get mad (butthurt) over this stuff..
i had seen people cry, complain, and having really bad reactions because they posted on /r/roastme
and i know, that if fast does this job for a long time, he will come across someone which will not get happy, and will complain to mods, and mods probably decide in favor of the burthurt person..

that's what i meant.. i thought for a while this was escalating to that problem.. but it is not the case yet..

Last edited by migles,

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, some people get mad (butthurt) over this stuff..
i had seen people cry, complain, and having really bad reactions because they posted on /r/roastme
and i know, that if fast does this job for a long time, he will come across someone which will not get happy, and will complain to mods, and mods can decide in favor of the burthurt person..

that's what i meant.. i thought for a while this was escalating to that problem.. but it is not the case yet..
My roasting thread on this site got turned into a foursome. I was very sad.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I have a idea! Let's see who can find this most about fast!
Okay. So, going from GBATemp, we know that he uses "FAST6191" as a username, and that "http://trastindustries.com" is his webpage. He apparently lives in the UK, and he is a professional ROM Hacker, seeing posts like this one, that he is a mod at https://ezflash.sosuke.com, and is registered on several hacking websites.
He is also a mod at FileTrip apparently.
It seems he also had a 4Shared account (http://www.4shared.com/dir/514850/ef8a1bee/sharing.html, https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-free-file-hosting-site-sucks-the-least.42426/#post-541837), but it was deleted.
We can assume that he really lives in the UK, since we can find posts like "Heh, an almost sensible UK price."
On a YouTube channel named "FAST6191", highly inactive, we can assume that he knows spanish very well and don't use this account very often. It's been 4 years since he liked a video.
Since he registered to GBATemp and https://ezflash.sosuke.com in 2005, and supposing he was at least 13 when he registered, he is probably at least ~25 years old now, though I would say around ~30 years is more plausible.
He apparently also knows French well: https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-super-mario-brothers-french-translation.33129/, though it's probably not his native language ("who helped correct the mistakes in my French").
He apparently loves bad films (here and here for example) and video editing.

There's probably more to find, but I'm tired after 1 hour of reading really old posts, and my doxxing skills are crap :P

EDIT: Oh well. Seems I have been ninja'd on a lot of points.

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and i know, that if fast does this job for a long time, he will come across someone which will not get happy, and will complain to mods, and mods probably decide in favor of the burthurt person..
I would only do it if someone posts in this thread asking for it to be done to them. There is probably some nonsense law somewhere that says if I do it to a minor (and a lot of you all are still in high school/under 18) which I am slightly wary of. Nothing I do for this involves any private databases or hacking skills and is all available to the general public. After all that if someone asks for whatever I wrote to be deleted then it will be done, I can't erase what people might have seen, saved or a search engine might have cached but thems the breaks.
If after all that the staff decided I was still in the wrong then I reckon I would have picked the wrong site to hang about on for all these years. I do not imagine that will be the case though.

I am currently looking for a job... I don't really want the researches knowing I am on this site xD (for reason I am sure you can understand) I mean.
I on the other hand have a GBAtemp thread linked in my CV. Granted I do not think said CV has ever really helped me get any kind of job or client (it is usually word of mouth or me being dragged in by someone that knows me but just works somewhere and then me being called back to do things in the future). I think the only reason it might be removed by someone is if I am using an agency and they do not want to provide the would be client with the option to end run them* and contact me directly ( http://hiring.monster.co.uk/hr/hr-b...eral-costs-of-using-recruitment-agencies.aspx reckons about £4500 per person, and possibly a percentage of salary, and that is more general recruitment -- on paper I am probably something a headhunter would be called in for to fully manage and that is really not a cheap service).

*personally I usually end run them myself as it seems I am in a rare enough field that even the most basic info about a position they give on a listing is enough info for an afternoon's emailing (more than once said emailing has got me in for a chat not because they had a/the vacancy but because it is rare enough to find people in the field), and as said person probably does not know the field (they became a recruiter after all) then a phone call to them can probably extract enough info to narrow it further.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER