• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

opinions on teaching about lgbtq+ in school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. It is a socially-manufactured construct.

Gender dysphoria is a thing, to quote YOU, sir, verbatim. And that would be the issue that I, as a good father, would be there to help them with.
why not just... let them transition?- That would be the best thing to support your child.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why not just... let them transition?- That would be the best thing to support your child.
Because transitioning is not humanly possible. That would be the worst thing to support ANYBODY. And, I wouldn't prevent any of my adult children from doing anything. But I'm DAMNED sure not going to allow a child who can't drive, smoke, drink or vote try to tell me some babble they heard on the internet was actually valid. This is why we HAVE parents and people to guide and teach us, so we learn in a safe environment without harming ourselves as children.

A child's mind is NOT mature enough to make ANY life-altering, permanent decisions. If you can't even get a TATTOO before age 18, you definitely can't chop off your penis and take hormones to fake being the gender you are not.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because transitioning is not humanly possible. That would be the worst thing to support ANYBODY. And, I wouldn't prevent any of my adult children from doing anything. But I'm DAMNED sure not going to allow a child who can't drive, smoke, drink or vote try to tell me some babble they heard on the internet was actually valid. This is why we HAVE parents and people to guide and teach us, so we learn in a safe environment without harming ourselves as children.

A child's mind is NOT mature enough to make ANY life-altering, permanent decisions. If you can't even get a TATTOO before age 18, you definitely can't chop off your penis and take hormones to fake being the gender you are not.
If your kid wants to be transgender you cant stop them

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that not forcing your child to not be who they truly are?-
Who they truly are is what they were born as. And I am fully in support of that.

And if when they are an adult, they choose to be OTHER than they were born as, I wouldn't fight them on it. It's their life, their will, their body. Not my call. AFTER they turn 18 and can legally make that decision for themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who they truly are is what they were born as. And I am fully in support of that.

And if when they are an adult, they choose to be OTHER than they were born as, I wouldn't fight them on it. It's their life, their will, their body. Not my call. AFTER they turn 18 and can legally make that decision for themselves.
how are you going to stop your child from being trans if they are under 18
Post automatically merged:

If my kid wants to take part in a fad that is harmful to them, yes, I surely can. And would. No apologies.
how is it a fad?

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are you going to stop your child from being trans if they are under 18
Post automatically merged:

how is it a fad?
I can't stop them from being something that doesn't exist. I CAN stop them from attempting to harm themselves by means of intentional genital mutilation or inalterable hormone treatments. If they want to do that, they can do so when they are adults.

When they are mature enough to make that decision. My kids also won't get piercings or tattoos before age 18. Same difference.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
How early?
IIRC we started social studies classes in fifth or sixth grade at my elementary school. Seems appropriate in preparation for the insane jungle that is middle school. And before you cry about "sexualizing children," I'm specifically talking about the history of LGBTQIA+ peoples in the news, their societal struggles, and relevant legislation. Everything else can be saved for high school sex ed.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Social services hello.

No. I dont have to allow HRT or castration for a minor. I don't have to buy them clothes they like or allow them to earn their own money. Dont have to buy them make up or allow them to go anywhere. I can put them in private school. Vchip everything and turn off the internet. None of that shit is required. They turn 18, they can fly. But under my roof it's my rule.

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Gandalf.

Modern English.

Dude this IS modern English. Jesus Christ, English morphs and adjusts over the ages, they/them was usable for singular pronouns for hundreds of years and still is, just because you don't think so doesn't mean you're right. Go write a doctoral thesis on this if you think your right, supply some sources for your claims while your at it. Maybe you'll convince people then.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't stop them from being something that doesn't exist. I CAN stop them from attempting to harm themselves by means of intentional genital mutilation or inalterable hormone treatments. If they want to do that, they can do so when they are adults.

When they are mature enough to make that decision. My kids also won't get piercings or tattoos before age 18. Same difference.
im pretty sure it's their body

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And there goes another of my points. If you don't agree with the Rainbow Nazi Brigade, CALL SOCIAL SERVICES!!!

GET THE LAW INVOLVED! GET THE KID REMOVED!

Force of law, rather than personal liberty.

Thank you for demonstrating why I am against this.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @TimeMaster, what happenned?