• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

opinions on teaching about lgbtq+ in school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is very much about the real world for the OP. Perhaps you think it is trolling, but these issues have a direct impact on his, and millions of others', lives. Anyone rainbow in under threat right now, and that's a serious issue, with real impact on their lives.
im lucky my state didn't wanna pass those anti lgbtq bills

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This thread is very much about the real world for the OP. Perhaps you think it is trolling, but these issues have a direct impact on his, and millions of others', lives. Anyone rainbow in under threat right now, and that's a serious issue, with real impact on their lives.
Then do your part and do what the OP is doing if you believe it so much, and create zillions of topics in a forum to garner reactions. Why haven't you done this yet?

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then do your part and do what the OP is doing if you believe it so much, and create zillions of topics in a forum to garner reactions. Why haven't you done this yet?
how are we trying to garner reactions, its a genuine question that my post is discussing

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im lucky my state didn't wanna pass those anti lgbtq bills
My province won't either, and is openly supportive, but others have. Makes me feel ashamed to see parts of Canada legislate based upon bigotry... it's like taking a bad trip back to the 1950s mentality.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Some people have it statistically much harder, even in areas where they shouldn't be any difference. Like adoption, getting married (and thus being able to inherit from your life partner, make important medical decisions in emergencies, etc), not getting denied service at restaurants or similar, or just straight up being lynched for loving the wrong person.

When was the last time you heard of a straight person getting lynched for being straight? Meanwhile it still happens all too often in the US for gay people.
Nobody is denying that, my friend. In my way of seeing things, I never said nor deny any of that.

See? That is why I don't like to give opinion on this kind of topics. The rational sense is throwed out the window.

Peace out!!!

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
You know, it's fine to state an opinion even on topics you don't like or agree. You don't need to keep posting in this one if you don't want to. Some people really are curious about topics, from my point of view OP is not trolling, he was asking a genuine question and tries to answer the replies respectfully so I don't see him as a troll. Weirdly enough your posts indicate that you are trolling. This thread doesn't need to be closed since until now people have been mostly respectful so no need to lock it, there can still be other users with differing opinions. If I remember right there's an option to stop following threads so to not get any more notifications

Reactions: RetroGen

Turbo_Interceptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of my thoughts on this is ANYONE (left, right, center) that thinks it's OK to let children, ESPECIALLY middle school children and elementary kids, have access to books in their school libraries that talk about/depict -ANY- sex act is a straight up pedophile. The less intelligent of you will scream I'm a Nazi (but Ukrainian Nazi's are OK, right?), white supremacist, homophobic, bigot, alt-right troll.

It's also interesting that parents will go into these school board meetings and read pages from these books and security removes them. I guess the pedophiles want to try and keep all this in private but nosy parents keep exposing them.

Can somebody explain to me why you think it's OK for a 12 year old CHILD to learn about anal sex? Their body, their choice? Is the next level legalizing 12 year olds having sex with adults?

I also find it bizarre that most of Hollywood is left leaning and most of Hollywood supports this agenda of sexually children. I guess if you put 2 and 2 together, this means liberals and pedophilia go hand in hand?

Side question, what are your thoughts on the young ladies currently suing hospitals for removing their breasts when they were just adolescents? I guess those ladies are Nazi, white supremacist, homophobic, bigot, alt-right trolls?

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of my thoughts on this is ANYONE (left, right, center) that thinks it's OK to let children, ESPECIALLY middle school children and elementary kids, have access to books in their school libraries that talk about/depict -ANY- sex act is a straight up pedophile. The less intelligent of you will scream I'm a Nazi (but Ukrainian Nazi's are OK, right?), white supremacist, homophobic, bigot, alt-right troll.

It's also interesting that parents will go into these school board meetings and read pages from these books and security removes them. I guess the pedophiles want to try and keep all this in private but nosy parents keep exposing them.

Can somebody explain to me why you think it's OK for a 12 year old CHILD to learn about anal sex? Their body, their choice? Is the next level legalizing 12 year olds having sex with adults?

I also find it bizarre that most of Hollywood is left leaning and most of Hollywood supports this agenda of sexually children. I guess if you put 2 and 2 together, this means liberals and pedophilia go hand in hand?

Side question, what are your thoughts on the young ladies currently suing hospitals for removing their breasts when they were just adolescents? I guess those ladies are Nazi, white supremacist, homophobic, bigot, alt-right trolls?
sex education is very important- its better to be educated than uneducated. You cant just say that all lgbtq+ people are pedophiles, as it simply just isnt true.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also nobody thinks legalizing having sex with 12 year olds is a good idea, nobody wants that!

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sex education is very important- its better to be educated than uneducated. You cant just say that all lgbtq+ people are pedophiles, as it simply just isnt true.
Just another example of someone who's uninformed and has fallen for the propaganda, sadly, and probably without doing even the slightest amount of fact-checking. There's a lot of this going around! Standard rightwing playbook move to use such emotional rhetoric to attempt to smear the "enemy". What? You want to be treated with respect and be able to live your life authentically, just like everyone else? You must support pedophiles!!!?

Reactions: KingVamp

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Right wing projection the post everyone

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just another example of someone who's uninformed and has fallen for the propaganda, sadly, and probably without doing even the slightest amount of fact-checking. There's a lot of this going around! Standard rightwing playbook move to use such emotional rhetoric to attempt to smear the "enemy". What? You want to be treated with respect and be able to live your life authentically, just like everyone else? You must support pedophiles!!!?
apparently wanting to be treated like a human makes you a pedophile

Reactions: RetroGen

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True. It's on both sides. Right wing? NAZI! FWIW im left wing. And I'll tell you that if someone shows up with a swastika I'm kicking their ass out! That's not the case at a Trump rally...

Also, FWIW I live 20 min from San Francisco. I know tons of LGBTQIA people. Most are good people. A few, not so much. Just like everyone. I will say the whole idea that recently things have been getting way worse applies to them too. I've been to many pride parades. The last few are definitely more extreme. So many dongs. So many. More than I have seen in every locker room I've ever been in combined in the course of an hour. And we were requied to shower back in my day. People sucking, toyed, chained, paddled.. even a fist. The whole thing is getting pretty fucked up and well beyond pride. It's not about being out and proud, it's about scaring and offending the breeders. I havent gone in a couple years since I saw it. Can't unsee it. Polk is nice most of the year. I know it's not the norm but people's boundaries are crumbling.

Still, lots of cool gays around here so my view of the community stands.

They're all just people
And some people suck.

*snip*

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's fine but not really fact. I don't disregard it. I'll call you what you want. No skin off my back. But, fact is, women are women and trans women are trans women. Same for the men. I won't add cis to anyone. Cis is offensive. These words have been here forever. You can live your life and be you. That's awesome. But nobody can tell me that trans women and biological women are the same. No disrespect intended. I am fine with people being whoever they want. But I'm not changing the definition of word that's been in use for millennia for feelings. Just be human and unique and it doesnt matter. Boxes are the problem.

Sapolsky is well-regarded neuroendocrinologist. Take a look at what he says about trans people's brains. Basically, their neurobiology lines up with their gender identity. Interesting coincidence. After doing some research, I tend to believe trans people when they say they were born in the wrong body, and Sapolsky's work supports this. He's talking about medical facts.

Besides, language is constantly evolving, so either a person can evolve their understanding along with it or become an anachronism. Reality is rife with complexity and shades of gray. The only true binaries I'm willing to commit to are hypothetical or mathematical... and gender fits neither.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sapolsky is well-regarded neuroendocrinologist. Take a look at what he says about trans people's brains. Basically, their neurobiology lines up with their gender identity. Interesting coincidence. After doing some research, I tend to believe trans people when they say they were born in the wrong body, and Sapolsky's work supports this. He's talking about medical facts.

Besides, language is constantly evolving, so either a person can evolve their understanding along with it or become an anachronism. Reality is rife with complexity and shades of gray. The only true binaries I'm willing to commit to are hypothetical or mathematical... and gender fits neither.

Sure. For some. And intersex exisits. So does people with extra chromosomes, mutations etc etc. They exist. Some people just want to fit in. It's in vogue these days. A few are mentally ill. Some do it to piss off daddy. There's those boxes again.
Everyone is somewhere on the kinsey scale. There are MANY shades of grey. Yes! Still means we should just consider each other human. Things would be better if we just consider everyone as brethren. Just people being people.

And leave the kids alone. Don't steal their childhood.

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sure. For some. And intersex exisits. So does people with extra chromosomes, mutations etc etc. They exist. Some people just want to fit in. It's in vogue these days. A few are mentally ill. Some do it to piss off daddy. There's those boxes again.
Everyone is somewhere on the kinsey scale. There are MANY shades of grey. Yes! Still means we should just consider each other human. Things would be better if we just consider everyone as brethren. Just people being people.

And leave the kids alone. Don't steal their childhood.
Leave kids alone... hmmm... sounds pretty trite. This notion really needs to be unpacked.

As I said earlier in the thread, my sister was an inclusive teacher for many years. She wasn't indoctrinating any of the students to become gay, trans, bi, or teaching them how to use a litter box, nor forcing them to read Das Kapital. Rather, as per provincial government guidelines, she fostered a safe, inclusive, educational environment where kids were free to express their sexual and gender identities without fear of reprisal or bullying.

This did nothing to "steal their childhood". But what it did do is allow them to be themselves in class, allowing them to be free from the bigotry of the outside world. So, rather than destroying their innocence, she helped to protect it by creating an environment where they could be authentic, be themselves. And she was not alone in this... teachers across Canada and around the world share this goal.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My take on LGBT stuff is that there isn't a need for it in schools since there is already sex-ed and all it should be teaching you is the necessary information about safety and the dangers of sex and how it works. How you do it, with who, and when is up to you as a person and how you were raised as your parents "should" be teaching you be to be safe with everything. There is people who give that community a bad look and I get it, but belonging to any coalition can be dangerous in my opinion. Just because someone may see eye to eye with you on certain things can always just be a ploy to get to you as with any other predatory practice.

Just think safe out there and you'll be fine.

Reactions: mikefor20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...