Original Xbox FTPing IP Adress issue

PumpkinRuby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'll start off by saying I'm new to the forums. Usually forums imitate me so i apologize if this isn't a perfect post. I'll get straight to the issue though

So i have a Original Xbox that was modded back in the day, way before i ever owned it, I assume it's hard modded because it plays burnt games, however i don't actually know, I'm not a professional when it comes to that sort of stuff.

The bearings on my Hardrive to the Xbox are loose and it's making a really strange noise, I assume if it keeps up it'll probably die, so I'm looking to FTP the files out so i can save the Xbox at least. however here's the issue.

Whenever the xbox is plugged into the external router i bought for it. or an internet switch, ect ect It'll come up as NO-LINK and it won't give me a IP address AT ALL.

When i have it plugged in DIRECTLY to the router that the internet company hooked up. it comes up as 10 Mbps / Full Duplex,
Current IP: 0.0.0.0
And it will not change to anything, it's stuck as 0.0.0.0. I cannot figure out for the life of me why it specifically goes to 0.0.0.0, and why it stays as no link when i plug it into absolutely anything else.

It's probably worth noting the internet provider is FibreOP from Bell Aliant. I have absolutely no clue what's up with it. I'd really appreciate any help.

Last edited by PumpkinRuby,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, it’s the nand you really need to back up and that has the hdd key on it.
Second, be careful of any ‘shadow c’ which may affect any backups of the HDD.

I used to do this when running the Ndure installer, don’t know about other methods.

In regards to the Ip address, is it set to DHCP in the xbox settings? Do the LEDs blink? Have you tried a static IP address?

PumpkinRuby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, it’s the nand you really need to back up and that has the hdd key on it.
Second, be careful of any ‘shadow c’ which may affect any backups of the HDD.

I used to do this when running the Ndure installer, don’t know about other methods.

In regards to the Ip address, is it set to DHCP in the xbox settings? Do the LEDs blink? Have you tried a static IP address?

The issue is whenever i plug it into anything, it doesn't detect that it's connected into anything, but when i plug it directly into our router, it detects that it's plugged into the router. and displays the IP address as 0.0.0.0
Now i have tried Static with the Router to no success. And i did try with it as 'no link' however it didn't work. as i figured it wouldn't.

And yes. it's always set as DHCP, i'd post pictures but it won't let me because i'm a new member.

The LED's only blink when it's plugged directly into the router. but as i mentioned. the IP address shows up as 0.0.0.0 So i can't do anything with it. as is.

Last edited by PumpkinRuby,

tedmg091309131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a computer to connect to with the Ethernet cable? If you have a newer computer you won't need a crossover ethernet cable. You might try a ftp program on the computer.

PumpkinRuby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have a computer to connect to with the Ethernet cable? If you have a newer computer you won't need a crossover ethernet cable. You might try a ftp program on the computer.
I do actually! but i don't quite know how to set that up hoenstly. i'm not very good with STATIC IP stuff

PumpkinRuby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i figured out the issue and got it working. but now my ethernet port on my xbox is constantly turning on and off. for no reason.

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i figured out the issue and got it working. but now my ethernet port on my xbox is constantly turning on and off. for no reason.
Are you sure it's the Xbox's port and not the cable?

Also how did you fix the IP problem. I've had issues in the past where the Xbox would not get a DHCP address and I fixed it by just giving it a manual static IP and everything worked fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8