Not open for further replies.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I don't think him being dead will make any real difference. There will just be another murderous bastard to take his place, it won't save me a dime on gasoline prices and it won't create any more jobs for the people hurt by the recession.

Osama's dead and everyone cheers, but in reality, it's business as usual.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
The US has a pretty bad record of proclaiming people as dead, and then quietly withdrawing those statements a couple of weeks later. So peoples scepticism is understandable.

I must say I am rather concerned at the means they chose to dispose of Bin Ladens body. Buried at sea, so quickly after the event. I understand the reasoning for the decision, firstly they were adhering to Muslim burial law, where the body must be buried within 24 hours of death. And secondly they wanted to eliminate the possibility of his burial place becoming a shrine to people. But they could have easily buried him in a secret location, perhaps in a militarily controlled area, where there would be no possibility of his burial place becoming a shrine or anything like that.

Being buried at sea in this way eliminates any possibility of his body ever being recovered if there was any doubt at the authenticity of his death. But in this case its unlikely a mistake was made. If we ever hear of Bin Laden again all credibility the US has will be destroyed, it would just be devastating for them. I don't think they would ever risk that, its just too dangerous a possibility to have. So in this case I do believe that one way or the other Bin Laden is dead.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Foxi4 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Waflix said:
Even though I don't believe his body was dumped in the sea, I do believe he was killed. Even though it isn't a solid source, Wikipedia says so.
This video confirms it even more. Obama is telling America this stuff.

His body was put out to sea in respect to Islamic traditions. Not doing it would be an insult to the Islamic people.

...cause bombing his ass wasn't.

It's like saying "Hey peeps! Look at us! We honour your traditions! ...and [censored] your country. Irrelevant! We're the good guys!"

EDIT: *GASP!* R-aped is being censored nowadays? I never knew that this standard term is a cuss word. Oh gosh, I'm such a bad, bad boy.
that's exactly what i was thinking.
they want to respect islamic traditions and all, but they killed the guy and they are celebrating his death!? that's quite contradictory to me.

as for the censored word, unfortunately people keep using it for the wrong reasons, in the wrong situations, so something had to be done about it.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Costello said:
that's exactly what i was thinking.
they want to respect islamic traditions and all, but they killed the guy and they are celebrating his death!? that's quite contradictory to me.

If you remember, people were uneasy over the way Saddam was killed - not because people thought he did't deserve it, but because he was hanged with a crowd of jeering, baying people mocking him and recording it on cell-phones. Add in the scandal of a minority of US soldiers photographing themselves grinning and pointing at corpses, I don't think it's surprising that, however victorious the US are about killing him, they want to ensure people know his body was handled with respect. It doesn't exactly cost them anything to do that, and it takes away a propaganda avenue for his supporters who want to paint his killers as monsters.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Summary of the thread:

six-feet-under.jpg

Thank you.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
osama said:
and believe me i am still alive
i'm building bombs and i am still alive
i feel fantastic and i'm still alive
while you're dying i'll be still alive
and when you're dead i will be still alive
144 virgins for osama

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Classic video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPJCPcYCupY[/youtube]

Edit: vid didn't embed
frown.gif

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
To embed you just put the youtube code, like this but without the space.......

[youtube] YPJCPcYCupY[/youtube]

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
While there will inevitable be another insane prick to take his place, the world is a better place without him. It is my hope that this at least puts the shits up any smaller cells. After all, America has shown that it can take down the big boys no matter how well they hide. Might make the smaller groups think twice for a while I suppose. But there's always gonna be some wank stain who wants to fuck everything up. Part of universal balance, I suppose. There has to be evil for us to appreciate the good.

All I will say is that I hope the next 'evil mastermind' at least takes his job seriously. I mean come on. Bin Laden was an old man on dialasis. And he showed his face. We knew he was just a crazy old man. Nothing to fear. Why don't these people learn from the movie villains and have a little dark sinister mystery about them? You know, just an ominous shadow on the threat tapes, distorted voice, something inhuman to scare people properly. I just couldn't take any of Bin Laden's threats seriously 'cause I figured that if it came down to a one-on-one fight, I'd probably kick his ass.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
While there will inevitable be another insane prick to take his place, the world is a better place without him. It is my hope that this at least puts the shits up any smaller cells. After all, America has shown that it can take down the big boys no matter how well they hide. Might make the smaller groups think twice for a while I suppose. But there's always gonna be some wank stain who wants to fuck everything up. Part of universal balance, I suppose. There has to be evil for us to appreciate the good.

All I will say is that I hope the next 'evil mastermind' at least takes his job seriously. I mean come on. Bin Laden was an old man on dialasis. And he showed his face. We knew he was just a crazy old man. Nothing to fear. Why don't these people learn from the movie villains and have a little dark sinister mystery about them? You know, just an ominous shadow on the threat tapes, distorted voice, something inhuman to scare people properly. I just couldn't take any of Bin Laden's threats seriously 'cause I figured that if it came down to a one-on-one fight, I'd probably kick his ass.

OtoyaReactionFace.jpg

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video re-creation of Bin Laden's death. (possibly NSFW)

[youtube]cw0AXjAaf3g[/youtube]

I thought it was funny anyway, in a sick and twisted sort of way.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Glad for Obama and the US Military they finally have a real achievement concerning his death. I too think they really killed him and he's done for.
Only problem is that it won't damage Al Quada at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER