oshit, NEW IPODS!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I don't get what the big freaking whoop about iPods are. I don't even get what the big whoop about portable MP3 players are. I mean, I don't even have any form of portable MP3 player...

welcome to the 21st century, CD players are obsolete, get over it
rolleyes.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jumpman I'm with you. I don't have nor ever want a MP3 player or Ipod. It's not that I dislike music, but the effort behind it so it is enjoyable to me sucks.

I first have to rip or swipe online a shitload of music. Then I have to bother organizing it how I want, then load it onto the ipod/knockoff how I like, and then hit the random button or let it go in order. Too much time and hassle.

For me that's why I went the XM route. I get a clean broadcast, no commercials, no dickin around. I just plug it into the wall at work, jack in the antenna and some headphones and it's random fun all day long. Music, talk, uncensored comedy, political crud, cable tv news feeds, and more. Outside of reaching for the remote to pick a channel it's hassle free.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Niceee. I've already broke though 25gb worth of music on my HDD, and my ipod (photo) only has 20gb (18 something gb's formatted).

If this supported xvid AND h.264, I'll think about getting one. People might not like the hype, but a great mp3 player is a great mp3 player. To me, other mp3 players with their cons (bulky, crappy screen, un-intuitive controls) are not for me.

the iriver clix2 is a serious contender. If it had more storage.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
awesome, finally an ipod I can sit on my table in starbucks while I write my screenplay.

didn't want an ipod, shit, I barely wanted my $30 mp3 player, but I really don't want any of these iphone/ipod things

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
8GB/16GB iPod Touch = massive failure. Why the hell would I want to downgrade to a measly 16GB for a touch screen? and for $400? Good God, Apple, you really need to get your shit together.

Guess I'll be looking into an 80GB iPod "Classic". So much for that touch screen hype. What a disapointment.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8GB/16GB iPod Touch = massive failure. Why the hell would I want to downgrade to a measly 16GB for a touch screen? and for $400? Good God, Apple, you really need to get your shit together.

Guess I'll be looking into an 80GB iPod "Classic". So much for that touch screen hype. What a disapointment.

QFT. It would probably be too expensive if you had an 80GB touch phone, but wasting that screen with no video storage is a pity. Down with iPod, up with Moonshell!
yaynds.gif

tenchan4

Trophies
XP
Country
This is what I got and I'm pretty happy with it.
Zen Vision M
It plays many different movie and audio formats, and I've been using it for hours a day every day for the past 2 years. No problems yet. Pretty sturdy too, just throw it in my back pack and pick it up when I feel like it.
laugh.gif

CrystalSweet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
those look utterly sickkkkkk
ohmy.gif

but i wont be able to afford them.
but now, ill be able to buy the ipod nano (2gb)
because im pretty sure prices will drop!
muhahahahaha
evil.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With any luck maybe the old Ipods will be reduced. But I still think that they are too expensive. Considering the 30gb Zunes are 30gb and you not stuck using a virus better known as ITunes.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple is to computers/mp3 players what Bose is to speakers/audio - overpriced mediocrity. I'll give them credit for being great at advertising though.

decript

A melon a day, keeps t3h monkey away
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Got a Zen Vision M myself also. Good player, trackpad takes getting use to but i still prefer the wheel. I have dropped it so many times onto solid marble to rocks along a train track. Just scuffed the back revealing the metal, thats all. Also, I applied a BSE and it is hawt! Love those things, so durable and invisible. Got a palm rest/trackpad skin for my new macbook too (loving it
wub.gif
).
I had an ipod mini before that, was pretty good, never failed me. Happy with my choice of not getting an ipod video 30gb instead.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Ipods are crap, why would anyone want one, I'd rather just stick dog dookie in my ears and hum!

Oh wait.. what I meant to say was:

OH BOY!
Glad I waited on the nano purchase I was about to make. Groovy!
Seriously, I've got a bunch of ipods, back to the 5 gig one (that still works, but needs a battery, I just keep it plugged in on the kitchen counter.)

If you don't like it, that's fine. Some people disparage the Zune, and they sound just about like the folks who do the same to iPods.

It's cool to hate things, id'nit?

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do think ipods are WAY overpriced
but everybody has them
i really hope the prices on the old ones drop

because they're advertised so well and people buy into it. their stock is ridiculously high for what they sell because everyone sees the sleek appearance of everyone elses Ithingy and must have one too without really researching their options. this is why apple continues to overprice their stuff - because people will continue to buy it overpriced.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh, an ipod is an ipod I guess. I've passed on them before and will pass over these. My Treo does the same thing and more so I don't need one. I just don't see what the hype is. I wouldn't call them rubbish but they are definitely overpriced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [uploads TP] :D +1