oshit, NEW IPODS!

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Were all entitled to our opinons but I love the new line up. The fall colours for the nano and shuffle were a smart move no doubt. The iPod classic is nice for those who want the basic iPod, the one we've grown to know for almost the last 6 years. And whos complaing when it comes with 80 or 160GB! Thats more than my MacBook
biggrin.gif
! Personally, I think the iPod touch is the shit. In Canada we don't have the iPhone although it isn't necessarily hard to obtain one (Just hop across the border to Buffalo, NY). Even with the unlocking now possible, it still isn't for me as I'm still have 1+ years in my 2 year contract. The iPod touch is especially nice me as I get the all the feature of the iPhone (except phone related features) in a nice package. 16GB is plenty. I only have 5.6GB of music (by next year, I probably have 6.6GB... My Collection grows slowly) which leaves plenty for video. At any given time, there will 2-3GB... 4GB max worth of video on mine at any given time. Yes, $399USD/$449CDN sounds like a lot (who am I bullshitting, it is lot!), but when many of the features you will use (The browser will be great for English Class), it's worth it. If there is even one feature that you won't use, it probably isn't worth it. Anyway, I'm set to order a 16GB tomorrow morning as I get paid tomorrow.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
8GB/16GB iPod Touch = massive failure. Why the hell would I want to downgrade to a measly 16GB for a touch screen? and for $400? Good God, Apple, you really need to get your shit together.

Guess I'll be looking into an 80GB iPod "Classic". So much for that touch screen hype. What a disapointment.

ditto, i agree thats why i think buying a ipod classic is a wiser choice, it's a shame about the touch screen, i agree, but i think having a ipod with 80gb-160gb and touch screen would be too much for anyones budget lol

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
soooo many haterz.

The ipod touch is a fucking awesome idea. I'd get one if I had the cash but I'll wait for them to come down in price I guess.

A lot of people seem to hate the ipod because it's popular, not really a good enough reason IMO.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soooo many haterz.

The ipod touch is a fucking awesome idea. I'd get one if I had the cash but I'll wait for them to come down in price I guess.

A lot of people seem to hate the ipod because it's popular, not really a good enough reason IMO.

I hate Apple because they capitalize on people's ignorance of technology/price.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
soooo many haterz.

Straight up. The iPod is a great device. My iPod touch will be my fourth. (1. 1stGen Nano, 2. 5.5Gen Video, 3. 2ndGen Shuffle). And to say they aren't great devices is bogus. The iPods interface, although a copy of Creatives, is great. The Click Wheel is the best thing to ever happen to an MP3 player. And they are dead simple to use. Yesterday was the first day of school (at least for public schools in Ontario) and I saw little 2-4 grades with their own iPods. Why? Because they are so simple, anyone can use them. iTunes is straightforward. In fact, many iPod users I know prefer using iTunes over drag and drop like many other DAP's. It allows you to organize/manage your songs.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit I've been hating iPods forever, thought they were just overpriced mp3 players, and wasn't worth spending that much money on a media player. Now they have the iPod touch, to me that isn't even a media player anymore, but a friggin PDA, which to me seems like its worth the cash on that. I'm pretty sure that'll get hacked pretty quick, before you know it we'll hava emulators, pda applications and what not on it, making it the only PDA with massive storage. That's how I see it anyways. The only thing that stops me from favoring this, is there isn't an FM tuner! All that high tech in it, but no FM tuner. Occasionally, I'd rather listen to local radio stations versus the music I already have.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
8GB/16GB iPod Touch = massive failure. Why the hell would I want to downgrade to a measly 16GB for a touch screen? and for $400? Good God, Apple, you really need to get your shit together.

Guess I'll be looking into an 80GB iPod "Classic". So much for that touch screen hype. What a disapointment.

ditto, i agree thats why i think buying a ipod classic is a wiser choice, it's a shame about the touch screen, i agree, but i think having a ipod with 80gb-160gb and touch screen would be too much for anyones budget lol

WTF are you guys talking about??? It's freaking flash memory, not HDD. I won't even bother explaining to you here, but 16gb for flash is amazing.

QUOTE(cubin' @ Sep 5 2007, 08:11 PM)soooo many haterz.

I can't believe I actually agree with this guy. Hate the company all you want, but hating a certain product because of the company is just stupid. I mean I hate sony, but they do make the best sounding Mp3 players.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WTF are you guys talking about??? It's freaking flash memory, not HDD. I won't even bother explaining to you here, but 16gb for flash is amazing.

soooo many haterz.

I can't believe I actually agree with this guy. Hate the company all you want, but hating a certain product because of the company is just stupid. I mean I hate sony, but they do make the best sounding Mp3 players.

i believe cowon and iriver have the best sound as a consensus from the reviews i've read, then comes creative. sony isn't that great with sound quality.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm in it for sound quality mostly since i'm more of an audiophile than most the general public. that reason alone is enough for me to stay away from apple.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan

soooo many haterz.

i believe cowon and iriver have the best sound as a consensus from the reviews i've read, then comes creative. sony isn't that great with sound quality.
No, it's just nobody knows about NW-S705, have you ever used it yourself??? I know that series isn't being sold in most places anymore, but that is the BEST mp3 player I ever used, and I used iriver and creative before, they can't even compare. Cnet didn't even post a review until a year after it came out, and on top of that, they gave it a 7.7 with the only con being that it has bad software.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
WTF are you guys talking about??? It's freaking flash memory, not HDD. I won't even bother explaining to you here, but 16gb for flash is amazing.

yeah the problem is that 16GB is definitely not enough for my music collection, i have 40gb worth of music and videos, why would i pay nearly 300 for a flashy interface when i can get a normal ipod for half the price and more storage?

and i agree, whats with all the ipod haters?

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Humm... I'm down with the new design. Some people say it's a step back or looks like a psp or whathaveyou... Meh. Sony stole their controller design from nintendo, microsoft stole crap from macintosh... everyone steals crap from eachother.
smile.gif

I happen to like Mac - I think all of their designs are very simple & clean, just the way that technology should be (imho).

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea, it's 16GB of flash memory, your point? We might know that flash has no moving parts, is more durable, is smaller, and is better for access times... but does the average consumer? Not at all.

Simply put, it's a significant downgrade in storage for anyone with a full sized iPod right now. Flash memory is exponentially more expensive than HDD storage, and it really doesn't have enough of an advantage in the PMP market to warrant such a small space limit.

Lots of players now are HDD based, and there are not that many problems to be had. I would much rather gain 5 or so millimeters of thickness to have 10 times the space for my media. Not to mention, the price difference involved with the difference of storage space of the two options.

For now, let's look at the final market impact: most iPod users have 30GB-60GB of space at the moment. Going back to 16GB is simply not an option for the consumer who caries their entire media library. And it's even less of an option when $50 less can get you 10 times the storage capacity.

edit: for the record, I've owned 2 iPods. I currently own a 30GB video, and use it every day. I've even had other media players, but always come back to iPods. Everything has advantages and disadvantages, including the iPod. You're some kind of fool if you think a product as popular as the iPod is not going to face ridicule. Even worse, the apple followers are always there to man the other side of the field. It's just how it goes. Competition is a good thing for the consumer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM