oshit, NEW IPODS!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
and i agree, whats with all the ipod haters?

People that buy Apple products are people that don't know any better

QUOTE(H8TR @ Sep 6 2007, 01:22 AM)Straight up. The iPod is a great device. My iPod touch will be my fourth. (1. 1stGen Nano, 2. 5.5Gen Video, 3. 2ndGen Shuffle). And to say they aren't great devices is bogus. The iPods interface, although a copy of Creatives, is great. The Click Wheel is the best thing to ever happen to an MP3 player. And they are dead simple to use. Yesterday was the first day of school (at least for public schools in Ontario) and I saw little 2-4 grades with their own iPods. Why? Because they are so simple, anyone can use them. iTunes is straightforward. In fact, many iPod users I know prefer using iTunes over drag and drop like many other DAP's. It allows you to organize/manage your songs.

pretty much sums up why i like ipods, i think you are the one being naive thinking other cheap looking crappy brands are far superior lol

edit: well said PuyoDead, that's why if apple released a bigger 80gb or 160gb media device with touch screen it would be too expensive, the classic is worth it for your money.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Yea, it's 16GB of flash memory, your point? We might know that flash has no moving parts, is more durable, is smaller, and is better for access times... but does the average consumer? Not at all.

Simply put, it's a significant downgrade in storage for anyone with a full sized iPod right now. Flash memory is exponentially more expensive than HDD storage, and it really doesn't have enough of an advantage in the PMP market to warrant such a small space limit.

Lots of players now are HDD based, and there are not that many problems to be had. I would much rather gain 5 or so millimeters of thickness to have 10 times the space for my media. Not to mention, the price difference involved with the difference of storage space of the two options.

For now, let's look at the final market impact: most iPod users have 30GB-60GB of space at the moment. Going back to 16GB is simply not an option for the consumer who caries their entire media library. And it's even less of an option when $50 less can get you 10 times the storage capacity.
I'm just saying don't blame it on apple, I bought a 250GB HDD for $99.99 CAD, and an 8gb Flash memory for $140 CAD.

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea, it's 16GB of flash memory, your point? We might know that flash has no moving parts, is more durable, is smaller, and is better for access times... but does the average consumer? Not at all.

Simply put, it's a significant downgrade in storage for anyone with a full sized iPod right now. Flash memory is exponentially more expensive than HDD storage, and it really doesn't have enough of an advantage in the PMP market to warrant such a small space limit.

Lots of players now are HDD based, and there are not that many problems to be had. I would much rather gain 5 or so millimeters of thickness to have 10 times the space for my media. Not to mention, the price difference involved with the difference of storage space of the two options.

For now, let's look at the final market impact: most iPod users have 30GB-60GB of space at the moment. Going back to 16GB is simply not an option for the consumer who caries their entire media library. And it's even less of an option when $50 less can get you 10 times the storage capacity.

Who honestly fills their entire iPod with music, and can say that they REGULARLY listen to every song? 30-60gb is A LOT of space for music/movies.
16gb, and the aesthetically pleasing touch screen are worth $400 to me. I mean, it's 16gb of portable storage, that I'm not likely to fill up in the first place.
And furthermore, since we're on the topic of "final market impact", the average consumer will find themselves hardpressed to fill the entire 30gb-60gb that they have at their disposal.
smile.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh boy. I can't wait to purchase the chinese ripoff versions. Makes me feel like I ALMOST own the real thing... with lower quality... features missing.... not cool when people see it... but at least it's cheap...

kellyan95: but carrying it around must make people paranoid thinking "oh no, did i scratch it?"

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
looks ok, I'd personally prefer a touch though.

I want flash memory so I can jog with my Ipod touch..jogging + moving parts = teh sux0rz

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy. I can't wait to purchase the chinese ripoff versions. Makes me feel like I ALMOST own the real thing... with lower quality... features missing.... not cool when people see it... but at least it's cheap...

kellyan95: but carrying it around must make people paranoid thinking "oh no, did i scratch it?"
...How is that different from any apple product? And especially the touch?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it kinda looks a bit bulky. big screen is good but maybe not that big when you're after portability.

I'm sure it's a fine device kellyan..just not for me. looks pretty tacky too + what are up with those big buttons on the side??

to each his own...

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States

Who honestly fills their entire iPod with music, and can say that they REGULARLY listen to every song? 30-60gb is A LOT of space for music/movies.
16gb, and the aesthetically pleasing touch screen are worth $400 to me. I mean, it's 16gb of portable storage, that I'm not likely to fill up in the first place.
And furthermore, since we're on the topic of "final market impact", the average consumer will find themselves hardpressed to fill the entire 30gb-60gb that they have at their disposal.
smile.gif

Hence why those people buy iPod shuffles and nanos. For them, 16GB is great, and would even be an upgrade. But for those of us with 30GB or 60GB iPods (who use the majority of the space), 16GB is not possible. And trust me, there are PLENTY of people out there who use every bit of that space. Why else would they keep offering larger capacities? Especially now that they can be used for movies/tv.

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

...How is that different from any apple product? And especially the touch?

Fellow temper,

please take thy Apple flaming elsewhere. it's one thing to point out the flaws in a product (legitimate flaws), but to continually bash it and/or its company is a different story.
remember, this is the general off-topic chat, not the "general off-topic flaming of ____ company & products chat".

many thanks in advance.

and btw, your super 160HDD looks chunky & awkward in comparison to the iPod's sleek & sexiness. I mean, grey? Common, now. Look at iPod's sexiness in comparison to your chunky devil. It almost makes me cry.

@ PuyoDead: I bow to the words you've said. It might be true that the Touch is a mere gimmick, but it's still fucken neat, lmao

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Also, about the iPod Touch, 16GB of flash may not seem like a lot and for many it isn't. You people need to get one thing first. This isn't the flagship iPod, that belongs to the classic. This is the upper class, high end iPod. That's why it has the extra features that it does.

- Estimated to be around 400MHz ARM CPU (slightly weaker than the iPhone's)
- Loads of flash memory
- 802.11 b/g (YouTube, Safari)
- 3.5" Wide multi-touchscreen at 480x320 163ppi
- Mac OS X

And that's just the beginning. It will apparently ship with the Wi-Fi music store preloaded. Out of all iPods, this one probably will have the most firmware upgrades aside from the fact it is the one that the hackers are going to attack first (If they even decide to try to hack the classic & nano). The faster CPU is also good as Engadget's Ryan Block stated that Cover Flow was not smooth on the new iPod nano nor was it on the classic.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
archos_605_wifi6.jpg

Does that look like crap to you? Same price as the touch. 160GB HDD, which is 10x the space if you coudn't get that. Has wifi and a touch screen. Bigger screen. The screen has almost twice the resolution of the touch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbdmMpwgErE...related&search=

there is definitely no way in hell i want to carry that big huge thing around in public, i would be a attraction to thieves on the bus lol a ipod video goes in your pocket and it's portable, that thing you showed me is NOT portable and has features i do not need anyway.

also people who say we buy large ipod 80gb just for the sake of it are just talking bull (in that case i could say that you are buying a itouch just for the sake of having the latest gadgets and burning your money away), when i first brought my ipod my aim was to get a large capacity ipod, why would i get a nano? or anything smaller? my CD collection is just too huge for a minor nano lol and i prefer to have all my music in one place at once, gone are the days where i would be carrying a huge wallet of CDs on the bus and if i wanted to change songs i had to get another CD out, that's another reason i like ipods, it's all in one place, you can create playlists too, most played, on the go, high rating, the lists goes on.

i was gonna get a creative zen vision M when i was choosing my first mp3 player but the customer support and the bugs put me off completely, the overall design doesn't look nice either, and for the curious, the bugs were distorted sound, creative zen vision M shutting down and going dead, not staring up, then creative removed the radio feature in a firmware update, the list goes on and to make it worse they didn't care about it even though loads of people were complaining on their forums, quite sad actually, so that's why i choose a ipod and i'm happy with my choice.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i was gonna get a creative zen vision M when i was choosing my first mp3 player but the customer support and the bugs put me off completely
Customer support is another thing. With Apple, you generally excellent customer support. Haven't had a problem with them yet. And you have the option of AppleCare for protecting your iPod for an additional year although I wouldn't recommended it (except for certain situations). This would be the third September in a row I have bought an iPod so AppleCare dosen't make sense to me if I buy a new iPod year after year. Archos also apparently has good customer support. Have a friend with one of their devices and has had no problems with customer service. As for the size of the device, it does fit in pockets. Large ones albeit.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yea, it's so massive, ect ect

archos605wifi.jpg

I'm not seeing it. 4.8'' x 3.2'' x 0.75''

iPhone touch=4.3×2.4×0.36 in

It's so big, it has its own gravity!

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can't fit that in your pocket.

Yes I can

I'm sorry that I can see past a devices size and color and to it's functionality, and that I don't buy products because other people like them and they look good. Go lick your iphone, I'll be watching a movie on my 605 and not looking at it's color

you must have big pockets
laugh.gif
couldn't resist.

functionality is most important. Ipod functions very well for what it is, no? I don't care about the colour or how it looks compared to the functionality.

If I'm getting a portable media player that I'm going to take around with me I don't want a brick in my pocket, this is just my opinion of course. I also jog so your 605 would not be very functional to me after the hard drive breaks.

people buy ipod because other people like them?... please...

perhaps they just like the product??!?!
ohmy.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'll be watching a movie on my 605 and not looking at it's color

that's the thing, that device is really not something you want to look at.

QUOTEand btw, your super 160HDD looks chunky & awkward in comparison to the iPod's sleek & sexiness. I mean, grey? Common, now. Look at iPod's sexiness in comparison to your chunky devil. It almost makes me cry.

ROFL XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hide your family grandpa's not even safe