Android Package Installer

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes the phone vibrate 9 times, I let go and the screen goes away, just to reappear. I think we bricked it...

When you let go and the screen goes away, immediately hold volume down/power. What happens? It should boot into recovery.

If nothing, try volume up/power.

If nothing, try volume up/volume down/power.

Let me know what happens if any of them work.

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let me know what happens if any of them work.

Sneaky. It's literally, like, a 5 second window to do that.
I booted it in recovery. I don't know if you saw it before but I said I was able to flash CW11 and Gapps with no errors. The issue now is getting to the phone's actual functionality.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah no I hadn't seen that. Nice! The fact that you still have access to recovery is a good start. Don't give up hope just yet mate ;)

from CWM, yet another command prompt on your computer, you're going to want to do

adb devices
adb reboot bootloader

Just see if that works. Let me know if it does and WHAT it does.

You WILL NEED your adb drivers configured and installed for this to work.

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah no I hadn't seen that. Nice! The fact that you still have access to recovery is a good start. Don't give up hope just yet mate ;)

from CWM, yet another command prompt on your computer, you're going to want to do

adb devices
adb reboot bootloader

Before I try this, would fastboot reboot-bootloader do the same thing?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but you shouldn't (wouldn't?) have fastboot access in recovery, you'd have adb access.

fastboot reboot reboots the phone (from the bootloader (fastboot menu)) and restarts the boot sequence so it (attempts to) boot normally.
fastboot reboot-bootloader reboots the phone from the bootloader and will boot it back into the bootloader.

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, but you shouldn't (wouldn't?) have fastboot access in recovery, you'd have adb access.

I'm running into the same problem where my phone doesn't show up when I connect it to my PC. It connects in a way, because I hear a very low-pitched "doo-doo" kinda noise when I plug it in. However it has to make the high-pitched "doo-doo" noise for the correct connection to be made. (Man. I sound so technical... :P)

I tried fastboot reboot and fastboot reboot-bootloader from the fastboot menu and neither started my phone again. Like you said, fastboot reboot-bootloader rebooted the bootloader. Fastboot reboot got me stuck on the warning screen again.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny because I know what you mean.

It sounds like there's an error when it tries to connect it. Have another microUSB cable to try? Does anything new show up in your device manager when you plug the phone in when you're in recovery?

Edit - wait, you can get into the fastboot menu???

Shit, then, install this program and run option 3 when you're on the fastboot menu. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2154995

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shit, then, install this program and run option 3 when you're on the fastboot menu. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2154995

Well, that did remove the warning screen. However now it's doing the same thing with the Motorola logo...

I am very sorry, but I work a full shift tomorrow (I work at Future Shop, the Best Buy of Canada) and I need to get some sleep before I start. I'll respond as soon as I get time though. And thank you for all your help so far. I think we are really making progress. Slowly, but progress nonetheless. :P

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Grr I had a feeling that would happen -_-

Understandable mate, I gotta get some sleep too at some point. Sorry if this phone is your daily driver and we haven't been able to get it fixed quickly. Anyway, for both of us, this'll give us some time to sleep on it.

PLASMA!!! I has some great news!! Last night I just let my phone die because I didn't want to just use up battery power for nothing. So while I was at work I charged it, turned it on, and it started up with the cyanogen mod! It is working very well now, except I can't turn on wifi and there is, like, two apps that aren't working. (clock and Google Play Services).

But it's working!

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit that's fantastic.

Is it "clock" or "CLock" that's not working? "clock" is part of Android, "CLock" is a CM11 lockscreen widget. That can be disabled through Titanium Backup if it's giving you issues.

As far as Google Play Services, try going into settings, apps, all, find Google Play Services, and clear the cache and data for it. Then reboot the phone. If that doesn't work, you could try flashing GApps again, followed by formatting the cache and dalvik partitions.

However, Wifi not turning on at all could point to a ROM instability/driver issue (hence the clock app and Play Services if you can't fix it not working). I can't find much on the issue, though a few people running SlimKat (a CM11 derivative) had it happen... in December of last year. It's apparently since been fixed.

So my steps from here would be to do what I said above first. Failing that, from CWM do a format/wipe of data, cache, dalvik, and system, then while still in recovery, flash CM11 and GApps again. See if it works.

If not, try the same again but with SlimKat. http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/773-xt925 I've used it, it's nice, got a few different features here and there from CM11, overall I prefer CM11 though. Worth a shot in any case. Wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik before doing this of course.

Failing that, you -could- try flashing CM10 just for shits and giggles to see if that works. Again after a wipe of system, data, dalvik, and cache.

Failing that, throw at wall? Lol, jk, if you're still having issues I can try to help you pinpoint it.

Transfer all files to your phone first and make sure you can access them before going through with anything.

Do not re-lock your bootloader or install a different recovery just yet (or at all?). With the shitstorm we just went through I don't want to risk losing our only entry point back into the system just yet if shit goes way, way south.

Did you intentionally call me plasma? Or was that directed towards something else? It's funny because of my previous username lol.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Failing that, throw at wall? Lol, jk, if you're still having issues I can try to help you pinpoint it.

I'd just restore stock at that point lol.

I saw the original issue, and what I'd do is make a CWM flashable zip that contained the package installer app from a stock rom, then flashed that. I had to do that for my stock gallery once as I accidentally deleted it and couldn't set backgrounds properly. After making a zip for SecGallery.apk, I flashed it and all was good.

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Holy shit that's fantastic.
I was literally jumping up and down when I turned it on again and saw that it worked!

Is it "clock" or "CLock" that's not working? "clock" is part of Android, "CLock" is a CM11 lockscreen widget. That can be disabled through Titanium Backup if it's giving you issues.
It was Clock, the android app.

So my steps from here would be to do what I said above first. Failing that, from CWM do a format/wipe of data, cache, dalvik, and system, then while still in recovery, flash CM11 and GApps again. See if it works.
Tried that and it worked beautifully. I can now turn on Wifi and install things again :D
It now says Google+ has stopped working but that isn't a huge issue. Also, Cyanogenmod runs so much smoother than the Android operating system :)

Did you intentionally call me plasma? Or was that directed towards something else? It's funny because of my previous username lol.

It was intentional. I remembered it used to be your name. :P

Thank you very much for all of your help, all of you. It is very greatly appreciated. If there are anymore problems I know where to come. :)

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G+ might need an update? Or it just sucks. Alternatively, you're not missing out on anything by not using it except for the "Photos" app (different than "Gallery"), Google+ itself, and automated picture backup.

Depending on how much you reeeaaaally want to slim it down...

Install Titanium Backup. You can uninstall (freeze it first. That disables it. If the phone still works fine after it's frozen, you can uninstall the app if you want to) pretty much anything background related except for background picker and the live wallpaper picker. You can freeze email/exchange services, news & weather, voice dialer AOSP Keyboard (IF you have a replacement keyboard), any of the Google Play NewsStand/Books/Movies/TV/etc if you don't want to use them.

Just don't do anything to the package installer :P

If you uninstall them they'll come back in the next CM11 update you flash. If you freeze them I think they stay frozen.

Since it's pretty much all working, boot back into CWM, make a full backup of everything and save it somewhere safe on your computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol