Gaming Paper Mario: Color Splash pre-order -> full game 2 weeks early lmao only in USA

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I just 99.99999% finished the game. I am missing one tiny little thing:
Green spike guy card..

Where the heck can I find that enemy? I've been looking everywhere!

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a question so far

1. There is this white spot on the wall of Kiwano Temple in the very first area. Its on the right side and its a bit high up and out of the way from where you can use the wheel to safetly get to the spot. Also I only got 2/3 stars, where is the 3rd if I already got the two from the lava area?

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a question so far

1. There is this white spot on the wall of Kiwano Temple in the very first area. Its on the right side and its a bit high up and out of the way from where you can use the wheel to safetly get to the spot. Also I only got 2/3 stars, where is the 3rd if I already got the two from the lava area?
Use the paint hammer on the edge of the platform facing the white spot and it will reveal an invisible path. You'll get the 3rd star later in the game.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Really? You have finished the game? Is it cool? (comparing to paper mario Sticker star)
I haven't played sticker star beyond the first stage (got bored and never played it again), but yeah, I finished this one. Here are my thoughts:

- Super Paper Mario (Wii) is the only paper mario I played, and I loved the 3d/2d aspect of it. This one in terms of having gimmicks is inferior. You basically make a "cut out" of the screen that let's you cross uncross able places like it was a paper

- Graphics is beautiful

- Story is wonderful, and the "sidekick character" following you around (a paint can) is great, better than SPM.

- The writing is brilliant! So many jokes and sometimes a bit edgy. I liked it a lot

- You use cards to hit. While it's not really bad and it has been implemented generally well, I personally hate cards games. If you ever played kingdom hearts chain of memories, it's basically like that (and it's a reason why it's my least favorite kingdom hearts gameplay)

- Most boss fights use gimmicks. Meaning, you have to have a specific card that you need to use at a specific time to kill the boss. If you don't have that, it doesn't matter how strong you are, you can not win.

- Relatively extensive content. You can easily spend anywhere between 30-40 hours getting everything

------

Conclusion: I have no idea why there was so many people moaning and bitching about this game. I see nothing wrong with it. It's a good game that I enjoyed a LOT more than I thought I would

Reactions: RealityNinja

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played sticker star beyond the first stage (got bored and never played it again), but yeah, I finished this one. Here are my thoughts:

- Super Paper Mario (Wii) is the only paper mario I played, and I loved the 3d/2d aspect of it. This one in terms of having gimmicks is inferior. You basically make a "cut out" of the screen that let's you cross uncross able places like it was a paper

- Graphics is beautiful

- Story is wonderful, and the "sidekick character" following you around (a paint can) is great, better than SPM.

- The writing is brilliant! So many jokes and sometimes a bit edgy. I liked it a lot

- You use cards to hit. While it's not really bad and it has been implemented generally well, I personally hate cards games. If you ever played kingdom hearts chain of memories, it's basically like that (and it's a reason why it's my least favorite kingdom hearts gameplay)

- Most boss fights use gimmicks. Meaning, you have to have a specific card that you need to use at a specific time to kill the boss. If you don't have that, it doesn't matter how strong you are, you can not win.

- Relatively extensive content. You can easily spend anywhere between 30-40 hours getting everything

------

Conclusion: I have no idea why there was so many people moaning and bitching about this game. I see nothing wrong with it. It's a good game that I enjoyed a LOT more than I thought I would
You cant see anything wrong because you never played the previous Mario games. You are doing a disservice to yourself to not experience a true Paper Mario RPG.

Once you go and play them you'll understand. These last two games are ok but they miss the mark on what the series is about.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
You cant see anything wrong because you never played the previous Mario games. You are doing a disservice to yourself to not experience a true Paper Mario RPG.

Once you go and play them you'll understand. These last two games are ok but they miss the mark on what the series is about.
That's neither here nor there. Just because it didn't go in the direction people want doesn't stop it from being a good game.

Example: FFVII remake is going to have a refined battle system, and it's not turn by turn anymore. While I personally dislike that, I'm sure it's not going to take away from being a great game (I hope so anyway..)

Reactions: Sick Wario

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's neither here nor there. Just because it didn't go in the direction people want doesn't stop it from being a good game.

Example: FFVII has refined battle system, and it's not turn by turn anymore. While I personally dislike that, I'm sure it's not going to take away from being a great game (I hope so anyway..)
But its like making Metroid Other M your first Metroid game and not seeing the issues with the game. If you never got to play the other games in the series than you have no expectation or standard to hold the game towards.

When you have the free time I urge you to play those Paper Mario games, they are a must for any RPG fans more especially if you like Nintendo ones.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I just 99.99999% finished the game. I am missing one tiny little thing:
Green spike guy card..

Where the heck can I find that enemy? I've been looking everywhere!
Found it in the last place I thought it might be at! and I'm pretty sure it's the only location to be found endgame
For those who run into the same issue I faced, you'll find it in mossrock theater, in the second screen by the second piranha plants, a yellow shy guy will drop from the sky. Fight it, and it will be 6 different shy guys, one of which is the green spike guy
Game 100% completed! Thanks for the leak nintendo lol

Reactions: osaka35

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I had to shut down my game during the snifit or whifit game. Why do you need to own the cards in order to answer which cards were revealed? Now I'm forced to throw out a lot of my good cards just to play this crappy minigame.

P.S. Its really annoying that you lose cards that go unused in battle. For example if you choose to use 3 fire flowers during a fight but you ended it with just one of them you still lose the other two.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Wow I had to shut down my game during the snifit or whifit game. Why do you need to own the cards in order to answer which cards were revealed? Now I'm forced to throw out a lot of my good cards just to play this crappy minigame.

P.S. Its really annoying that you lose cards that go unused in battle. For example if you choose to use 3 fire flowers during a fight but you ended it with just one of them you still lose the other two.
I felt the same way initially. If it makes you feel better though, you'll eventually have much better cards. I have also been riding on 9999 coins virtually the entire game (maybe after big star one or something)
Also, you only need to make space for 30 cards. Buy the pack before the minigame and it is guaranteed to have every single card they will ask from you (it did for me)
Bonus tip: Not sure if you'll understand this at the moment, but "go all the way" .. or you'll have to replay this again at some point. I went all the way.

And yes, I hate using more cards than I'm supposed to. I don't get why it "disappears" if it never was used. I also don't get the whole concept of having colored cards vs uncolored cards. It's pointless since you're coloring them anyway..

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to make sure but are the Roshambo challenges completely random? The toads outside the temple give really bad clues and I have witnessed different hands being used everytime I restart the game.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I just want to make sure but are the Roshambo challenges completely random? The toads outside the temple give really bad clues and I have witnessed different hands being used everytime I restart the game.
Restart game how? The hints they give are only valid for first time around. If you use the toad for re-entry, then it's completely random.

Also, the hints are not 100% foolproof. It's like 90% that it'll work or something. They do rarely change it

What I do is simply restart loadiine again if I fail.. 90% of the time, they use the same picks they did the first time, including mostly the rock paper wizard.

Bonus tip: Temple 8 will be completely random all 8 rounds, so that'll suck

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restart game how? The hints they give are only valid for first time around. If you use the toad for re-entry, then it's completely random.

Also, the hints are not 100% foolproof. It's like 90% that it'll work or something. They do rarely change it

What I do is simply restart loadiine again if I fail.. 90% of the time, they use the same picks they did the first time, including mostly the rock paper wizard.

Bonus tip: Temple 8 will be completely random all 8 rounds, so that'll suck
Yes I restart Loadiine, not replay using the toad. Sometimes the results are different than when I first went in. But I'll keep trying.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those that have 100% the game

How many cards can you end up using in total during battle during a turn?

What is the maximum number for the paint hammer?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
To those that have 100% the game

How many cards can you end up using in total during battle during a turn?

What is the maximum number for the paint hammer?
4 cards.. And I'm not sure the paint thing has a limit (I got up to 520 before everything else was done)

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After finishing the game I have just one thing to ask

How much funding and time did they put into the thing animations than the actual gameplay and everything else

Everything is great but the gameplay (which should be the most important part) is just downright atrocious. I hope this game suffers the same fate as Metroid Prime Federation Force, Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival, and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one