Gaming People that belive 360>PS3 please read

platypusrme427

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I prefer playing multi-platform games on my PS3 much more than 360 due to the sharper visuals in HD and smaller load times. I still play my 360 for just about every online game, and absolutely love xbox live. So I'd say both consoles get an equal amount of love by me.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw, stfu.

You're as bad as jalaneme.

QUOTE said:
I'm just replying to the OP's absurd topic. His arguement is ridiculous. I'm guessing he's never even watched anything in HD by the way he bashes blu-ray/HD altogether.
Not to mention the 360 has 0 exclusives since M$ ports them all to PC. Dead rising and Halo 3 are the only 2 I can think of.

oh irony- oh and you have memory issues then

Ahh I don't remember mthrnites quote but this was comparing usenet and torrents... "Just because its free doesn't mean its better. You can eat at a nice restaurant or you can go out to the back of a mcdonalds and search in the dumpster for FREE FOOD!
yaynds.gif
" Same thing here. We get a single unified system. You can join a friends game session, you can invite them to your game session, set up private chat, its super easy to connect to your friends to have organized matches, and especially matchmaking. Its worth the 40$ yearly fee.

Oh yeah, fyi, bluray = overrated. HD Usenet/torrents + blank dvds (i use single layer even) + 360 = :yayhd:

Oh and if you have both a 360 and PS3 and still prefer the PS3 then you obviously have no friends to play with.

Oh also

linkibawks.png

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dur, kid. read my earlier posts. with the PS3 i can download x264 HD bluray rips and put them on my PS3 over my local network and save them for later, can't do that with the 360. can't store videos on the 360s overpriced HDD (you can install any SATA 2.5" HD into a PS3... 360 you have to buy a specialty overpriced HDD, only a 15 year old would think this is ok)
I can also just plain stream the videos without putting them on the HDD which you can do with the 360 also IF you buy a wireless adapter seperately ,I don't have to burn them.
But on top of that they don't have to have AAC2 audio if they are AVCHD mpeg4 format to play them like you do if you use a 360.

Also, PSN, offers everything xbox 360 does now. you can do everything you said. even has the little nerler gamerscore now with nerler trophies. which, face it, are nothing more than nerd cred.

Also, you failed to mentioned a GOOD 360 exclusive that hasn't been ported to PC. (which by no means makes it a bad game, being ported. just makes it not exclusive.)

As far as your remark about the number of friends I have goes. if you really want to know, I don't have a lot of friends, I have about 4 or 5 people in my life I trust enough to actually call a friend. And I'm not 15 years old so our relationships don't revolve around "EXBAWKS d00d!"

My closing statement: I'm not saying the 360 is a terrible system (the fact that it can be modded alone is great), I'm definitely not saying it's wrong to have it as your personal preference over the PS3, I'm saying if you think it's a superior, more powerful machine then you are looney tunes.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're missing the point. You're a PS3 fanboy, go back to the PS3 section. no one cares about your opinions here, and all you're doing is making yourself look like a troll with no life.
Bob Loblaw said:
dur, kid. read my earlier posts. with the PS3 i can download x264 HD bluray rips and put them on my PS3 over my local network and save them for later, can't do that with the 360. can't store videos on the 360s overpriced HDD (you can install any SATA 2.5" HD into a PS3... 360 you have to buy a specialty overpriced HDD, only a 15 year old would think this is ok)
I can also just plain stream the videos without putting them on the HDD which you can do with the 360 also IF you buy a wireless adapter seperately ,I don't have to burn them.
But on top of that they don't have to have AAC2 audio if they are AVCHD mpeg4 format to play them like you do if you use a 360.

Also, PSN, offers everything xbox 360 does now. you can do everything you said. even has the nerdy gamerscore now with nerdy trophies. which, face it, are nothing more than nerd cred.

Also, you failed to mentioned a GOOD 360 exclusive that hasn't been ported to PC. (which by no means makes it a bad game, being ported. just makes it not exclusive.)
This post proves you don't have a 360. Or, you weren't smart enough to figure out how to use it.

True, you can only store videos you buy from the video store. So? You don't need a wireless adapter to stream to the 360. You only need to have to have Windows Media Center, either the copy that came with your PC or downloaded. Macs can use the other alternative that was listed here a while ago. All you have to do is pair up your 360 with your PC(s) and you can browse their hard drives, no need to mess with slow 2.5" laptop drives.

As for the hard drive issue... well... we don't have to install our games to the hard drive now do we?

Does PSN have video rentals/downloads? A large arcade section? Private in game chat? Can you even invite friends to join your game? Can you play music to replace ingame music in any game, or even while you're doing something else(custom soundtracks)? Private video chat? Achievements for every game? Can you submit feedback to the people you just played with (what if they were cheaters? Or they were so awesome you want to add them as a friend?)

And how long did it take you to get these features, which we were enjoying since launch?

Yes, Microsoft does port a lot of games to PC, but these ports often take over a year (over several years... just look at halo 2...) and you need a really good computer to even consider running them.

Forza Motorsport 2 is one example (that I have, which is why I just thought of it). Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey(RPGs which the PS3 seems to lack)... And there are other titles that are not on PS3, such as Gears 1, Bioshock (while Bioshock 2 is on its way already, still hasn't been released), Mass Effect...

And upcoming exclusives... Gears 2, Halo Wars, and Tales of Vesperia (yes, now a 360 exclusive). Note I'm only listing games that I care about, there are other exclusives...

Whatever I spent too much time on this post. You can reply but I'll probably just laugh at it.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow shit, the last 3 posts are like total of hundred lines.

Bob Loblaw said:
My closing statement: I'm not saying the 360 is a terrible system (the fact that it can be modded alone is great), I'm definitely not saying it's wrong to have it as your personal preference over the PS3, I'm saying if you think it's a superior, more powerful machine then you are looney tunes.
You should just acknowledge people who prefer 360. (opposed to people who want to force everyone to believe 360 is superior, two totally different concepts)

LinkiboyAs for the hard drive issue... well... we don't have to install our games to the hard drive now do we?
Actually that's a strength. HDD install saves more loading time than the time it takes to install. I don't get why spending 5 minutes to save 30 minutes (Well that's an underestimate, you can save 20 minutes on loadings by HDD install EVERY HOUR on games like DW6) on loadings is a negative feature.
Note: By saving I mean the time saved on loadings compared to no-HDD install.

If PS3/360 multiplatform games are of similar size, HDD installed PS3 version loads whole lot faster. (I actually have a few games on both consoles, so this comes from personal experience not some random youtube vid. File size based on abgx database)
Even PS3 GTA4 which has nearly twice the size of the 360 version loads faster in-game. (I don't think it installs stuff to decrease initial loading time though)

360 hard-caching can take from almost no time to freaking long depending on the game. But people don't really notice because it only happens when your 360 doesn't have the game's cache data (The very first time playing, or you've played several different games between your two sessions, etc). And probably because 360 nor the game tells you that they're spending time filling up 360 cache; you just see a loading screen.

I can totally understand people who prefer 360 over PS3.
In reality though, some people say that they "prefer" as in "subjectively personal preference" but in fact they are trying to force everyone to agree that their console is "objectively superior." I don't take that as a opinion.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All you have to do is pair up your 360 with your PC(s) and you can browse their hard drives, no need to mess with slow 2.5" laptop drives. ps3 can do this too.

Does PSN have video rentals/downloads? Yes. And yes to some of those others but not all of them. The important ones are a yes though.

Private video chat? Yep. Eyetoy even allows you to play games using yourself and the camera.

we don't have to install our games to the hard drive now do we? We don't have to split our games up onto 4 discs (lost oddysey) and change them as we play.

And how long did it take you to get these features, which we were enjoying since launch? How long did it take M$ to fix the RROD problem? Oh that's right they didn't..

Forza Motorsport 2 is one example (that I have, which is why I just thought of it). Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey(RPGs which the PS3 seems to lack)... And there are other titles that are not on PS3, such as Gears 1, Bioshock (while Bioshock 2 is on its way already, still hasn't been released), Mass Effect... Bioshock is coming to PS3 and is already on PC. Gears 1 is on PC and so is mass effect. Blue dragon is on DS. So you were able to name a mere 2 exclusives. Good job!

It's fine to prefer the 360 but to say it's better is crazy.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
All you have to do is pair up your 360 with your PC(s) and you can browse their hard drives, no need to mess with slow 2.5" laptop drives. ps3 can do this too.

Does PSN have video rentals/downloads? Yes. And yes to some of those others but not all of them. The important ones are a yes though.

Private video chat? Yep. Eyetoy even allows you to play games using yourself and the camera.

we don't have to install our games to the hard drive now do we? We don't have to split our games up onto 4 discs (lost oddysey) and change them as we play.

And how long did it take you to get these features, which we were enjoying since launch? How long did it take M$ to fix the RROD problem? Oh that's right they didn't..

Forza Motorsport 2 is one example (that I have, which is why I just thought of it). Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey(RPGs which the PS3 seems to lack)... And there are other titles that are not on PS3, such as Gears 1, Bioshock (while Bioshock 2 is on its way already, still hasn't been released), Mass Effect... Bioshock is coming to PS3 and is already on PC. Gears 1 is on PC and so is mass effect. Blue dragon is on DS. So you were able to name a mere 2 exclusives. Good job!

lol

You can keep continuing to be delusional. You're just trying to justify your purchase.

I actually wrote out a whole reply to your post. You still don't have your facts straight.

I'm looking stupid just by arguing with you. Stop trolling and gb2ps3

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Bob Loblaw said:

lol

You can keep continuing to be delusional. You're just trying to justify your purchase.

I actually wrote out a whole reply to your post. You still don't have your facts straight.

I'm looking stupid just by arguing with you. Stop trolling and gb2ps3

Well, you got the looking stupid part right
tongue.gif
I actually have a job so I don't need to justify a $300 purchase. (best buy had a deal if you bought a hdtv you got $100 off a ps3, so I got a 37" LG50 1080p, this is actually why I bought the PS3, because of this deal.) And I never trolled I just replied to a topic with facts.

Here's this thread in a nutshell:

Halomasta: EXBAWKS EXBAWKS EXBAWKS EXBAWKS

Me: the PS3 has a lot of great features actually, including blu-ray, a free online community, a 5400 or 7200rpm 2.5" sata upgradeable HDD any size of your choice, 50gb dual layered blu-ray discs for games, included wi-fi, hardware failure is virtually non-existent unlike the rrod, a large collection of video format compatibility and great exclusive games that can only be played on a PS3.

linkiboy: LIAR LIAR LIAR EXBAWKS EXBAWKS LIAR LIAR EXBAWKS NOW I'LL LIST A BUNCH OF PC GAMES AND SAY THEY 360 EXCLUSIVES EXBAWKS EXBAWKS PRIVATE VIDEO CHAT YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS EXBAWKS

/thread

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bob Loblaw, I don't believe that Gears and Mass Effect being on PC is a valid defense for PS3.

After all, the fact is that PS3 owners can not play those 2 great games by just having a PS3.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
Well, you got the looking stupid part right
tongue.gif
I actually have a job so I don't need to justify a $300 purchase. (best buy had a deal if you bought a hdtv you got $100 off a ps3, so I got a 37" LG50 1080p, this is actually why I bought the PS3, because of this deal.) And I never trolled I just replied to a topic with facts.

Here's this thread in a nutshell:

Halomasta: EXBAWKS EXBAWKS EXBAWKS EXBAWKS

Me: the PS3 has a lot of great features actually, including blu-ray, a free online community, a 5400 or 7200rpm 2.5" sata upgradeable HDD any size of your choice, 50gb dual layered blu-ray discs for games, included wi-fi, hardware failure is virtually non-existent unlike the rrod, a large collection of video format compatibility and great exclusive games that can only be played on a PS3.

linkiboy: LIAR LIAR LIAR EXBAWKS EXBAWKS LIAR LIAR EXBAWKS NOW I'LL LIST A BUNCH OF PC GAMES AND SAY THEY 360 EXCLUSIVES EXBAWKS EXBAWKS PRIVATE VIDEO CHAT YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS EXBAWKS

/thread
No. You're posting your opinion backed by twisted facts and refuse to accept any other. For example, you called any feature that the PS3 does not have "unimportant".

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, martin I was saying they aren't exclusive to the 360. And if a PS3 owner owns a relatively good PC then they can play them.

There are 2 of those features the PS3 doesn't have that and they aren't important, Linki, one is the gamer feedback and I'll tell you why. It's a stupid feature due to the fact that there will always be crybabies who yell "cheater" at someone they can't beat. So, having feedback for every individual gamer equals out to about the same type of thing as everyone on the internet posting their opinions about next-gen consoles. It's all just subjective nonsense (be it good or bad praise) that does not add a positive aspect to the gameplay or features of the system. For instance I think the PS3 is better because it doesn't have this (although you can rate game hosts on a 5 star basis on MGO) .

And the other feature I believe isn't important is having achievements for every single game. The 360 gamerscore system is so flawed it should be deactivated. You can get 1000 points in Avatar in 3 min. So, having these points being equal to the 1000 points you could get in FEAR by having to complete the game numerous times is so lopsided and uneven there's no way to judge anyone by their gamerscore. Unlike PS3's new trophy system which awards respectively based on the difficulty. So, having the ridiculous uneven achievements in every game is unimportant since it's so incredibly flawed.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bob Loblaw said:
No, martin I was saying they aren't exclusive to the 360. And if a PS3 owner owns a relatively good PC then they can play them.
I understand.

I am trying to say that since this topic is trying to disprove the statement "360>PS3", whether or not a game is on PC should be irrelevant, all that matters is if the said game is on PS3.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:

There are 2 of those features the PS3 doesn't have that and they aren't important, Linki, one is the gamer feedback and I'll tell you why. It's a stupid feature due to the fact that there will always be crybabies who yell "cheater" at someone they can't beat. So, having feedback for every individual gamer equals out to about the same type of thing as everyone on the internet posting their opinions about next-gen consoles. It's all just subjective nonsense (be it good or bad praise) that does not add a positive aspect to the gameplay or features of the system. For instance I think the PS3 is better because it doesn't have this (although you can rate game hosts on a 5 star basis on MGO) .

And the other feature I believe isn't important is having achievements for every single game. The 360 gamerscore system is so flawed it should be deactivated. You can get 1000 points in Avatar in 3 min. So, having these points being equal to the 1000 points you could get in FEAR by having to complete the game numerous times is so lopsided and uneven there's no way to judge anyone by their gamerscore. Unlike PS3's new trophy system which awards respectively based on the difficulty. So, having the ridiculous uneven achievements in every game is unimportant since it's so incredibly flawed.
I didn't mean the feedback aspect, I meant things like complaints. "Feedback" like quitting early or playing like a noob, and it just affects your rep (the number of stars) not whether you get banned. But what about if someone was racist or saying death threats? What if they were severely glitching? If enough people complain, m$ monitors them and bans them.

Also you don't have ingame private voice chat, like if you're playing CoD4 online with a buddy and you just wanna communicate about non-game stuff, without disturbing others. Or if you wanna play different games and still talk.

Maybe its not to you, but GS is important to a lot of people (see: top leaderboards). And you can see where everyone got the achievement. So if you see someone with Avatar on their game list completed, you know that their gamerscore is just lol.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right, yeah, you're right about the one on one private in-game voice chat. I'm sure Sony will throw that into a FW update soon enough though. You got to remember PSN is free though. And for a free service it's basically identical to live now aside from that. The torrent-usenet-trash food-mcdonalds equation doesn't really fit in here because you really do get a pretty good service free.

And martin, I get what you're saying but PS3 has it's own great exclusives like MGS4, Resistance (resistance is awesome, the motion controls are insane in it. you have to actually throw guys away from you when they grab onto you), Ratchet and Clank,.
Killzone 2, God of War 3, resistance 2 are all coming out soon. The new Driver. You can only play these if you have a PS3. There is no other way to play them. Not that that makes the games better or worse or anything. It's just they are true exclusives, ya know? :shrug:

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
martin88 said:
Bob Loblaw said:
I understand.

I am trying to say that since this topic is trying to disprove the statement "360>PS3", whether or not a game is on PC should be irrelevant, all that matters is if the said game is on PS3.
I think bob is trying to say 360 exclusive games going multi-platform demerits the 360.
That's only true for people who own mid-high end PCs.

The last retail game I played on my PC is C&C 3. So not everyone benefits from ME, GoW, Bioshock's PC versions.
(Well GoW maybe, since they had some free extra contents for the PC version IIRC)

Lost Planet:
ONLY ON XBOX360
v
ONLY ON XBOX360 & WINDOWS
v
Sorry we're porting it to PS3 as well

Bioshock:
ONLY ON XBOX360
v
ONLY ON XBOX360 & WINDOWS
v
Sorry we're porting it to PS3 as well

The real problem is, by the time they come out for PS3, almost everyone who was interested in the games already beat them several times over.
But some people make a big deal out of it, like "Haha, you lost an exclusive."

The truth? Those PS3 ports get released for a cheap price like $39.99 (not retailer's sale or anything, MSRP is only that much) and still struglle to make sales.
"Wow Bioshock came out for PS3! But WTF I've got 1000/1000 on the 360 version and beat the PC version 7 times already" kind of thing.

Only people that will be happy about 360 exclusive games getting ported to PS3 would be people who only have PS3 and low-end PCs.
They can port Bioshock to DS, PSP, mobile, iPod, microwave, whatever else, and it'll still hold its merit.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
martin88 said:
Bob Loblaw said:
I understand.

I think bob is trying to say 360 exclusive games going multi-platform demerits the 360.
That's only true for people who own mid-high end PCs.

I don't think it is true at all. These 360 games gettings ported to PC show that they not only did well enough to make a port finacially viable, but that it is much easier to port 360 games to the PC (rather than PS3 games, which, as your list shows, gets them after both)

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The problem is extraordinary high PC game pirates. PS3 owners who pirate PC games can play ME, GoW, Fable 2, whatever else doesn't come out for PS3 but for Windows. I think that discourages the purchase of 360.

If GTA 4 came out for PC as well, would it have sold that many?
I think more people pirated Assassin's Creed than purchased.

I'm just assuming quite a portion of PS3 gamers overlap with PC gamers.

For someone like me, getting a 360 was more cost-efficient than pirating PC versions of Microsoft exclusive games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu