Persona 5S revealed as Persona 5: Scramble for the Nintendo Switch

We now know what the mysterious Persona 5S is. Atlus has announced Persona 5: Scramble - The Phantom Strikers. Developed in tandem with Omega Force and Koei Tecmo, the game will be a Musou-style action RPG. It'll launch on both the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not what we meant by "put Persona 5 on Switch"! Frankly, I'm disappointed Atlus had the nerve to let the hype be as big as it was, then rip out the carpet right from under us. They could've at least noted on the website before the announcement that P5S was going to be a spin-off title.

No, I will not purchase a PS4 to play Persona 5. That's like $290 USD (minus shipping and tax) just to play one specific game and never touch the console again. Seems like a waste to me.

Yes, buy a copy of the PS3 version, rip it, put it on your PC (that's hopefully got something beefy like an i7-8700k like yours truly), and congratulations, you have most of what Persona 5R is going to be, outside of whatever they added that will warrant me looking up OmegaEvolution videos!

It's a different market with no definitive proof of overlap imo, it's not like Ps4 vs Xbox one situation at all. People keep forgetting Switch is a hybrid with wildly different exclusives to support them.

Those who are interested in buying AC or Pokemon + $200 Switch lite will not even bat an eye for a new $400-500 next gen AAA console. At the start, main audiences would be gaming enthusiast like us, and hell we still bought a Switch (anecdotally). It's not a surprise, as Switch can be treated as complementary devices with the prospect of multiple Switches at home. At the end, classic console is a different albeit saturated market, and you're essentially forgetting how casual Switch can be.

Here's the thing:

I'm not 16 years old anymore. I'm 24, going to be 25 sometime this year. I'm going to be getting done with college in a few weeks, and have loans to pay off. If I want to play a game, I want to PLAY a game that I can have fun with, not a movie where you have to trail someone and listen in on them until you do everything JUST right to eventually trigger whatever you need to do or get where you need to go.

Let me put it like this: with Death Stranding, with what they showed in the trailers, I really don't know how much more realistic pre-rendered cinematics will be. But that's the thing: they're about as pre-rendered as the backgrounds in the Resident Evils, the Final Fantasies, Parasite Eves, etc. were in the PS1: impressive solution at the time, but end up getting dated eventually when Capcom manages to get Inafune off of their ass and returns to making games that Capcom made and not some generic western dev studio churned out. *coughs* DmC: Donte May Cry *coughs*

I'm all for "realistic" graphics, but that's what my PC is for: so these "realistic," ray-traced graphics can even be possible IN GAMEPLAY and not just for cutscenes who's interactivity boils down to a QTE here and an occasional pause if I have to use the bathroom and the cutscene length reaches that of a MGS or Yakuza game.

With the Switch, hell, with Nintendo's games ever since video games started getting more "cinematic", it seems like they always made their games with a game first and a long, complicated, and "requires a giant book called the Hyrule Historia to maybe-but-not-really clear up the chronology of a franchise that never was made with continuity in mind." I mean, just with the Switch alone, we have a "new" DKC game, a "new" New SMB game, and the entire Bayonetta trilogy, assuming the games don't continue on after the third entry. Not to mention, we have Metroid Prime 4 hopefully on the horizon (can we please get a port of the trilogy!?), and a better, more improved Mario Maker coming this summer. My point is, even if some of these games were ports from the WiiABU, the fact that they're on the Switch hardware and can truly be played on the go as opposed to an invisible tether to a glorified DVD player makes it convenient for yours truly to play a game at just about anytime, anywhere, and however I want to play it, be it with one Joy-Con for myself and another person(s), or two Joy-Cons/Pro Controller/GC Controller, the Switch is truly an awesome party device that feels right at home in a world that's becoming more modernized.

Yeah, the PS5 and the WindowsBox will be "powerhouses" when they come out...until PC hardware again outpaces them, and if Google's Stadia were to SOMEHOW be successful, I wouldn't have anything to worry about anyways, because I have PLENTY of games to play now, and a definite end to my time with video games!

Reactions: DarthDub

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Yes, buy a copy of the PS3 version, rip it, put it on your PC (that's hopefully got something beefy like an i7-8700k like yours truly), and congratulations, you have most of what Persona 5R is going to be, outside of whatever they added that will warrant me looking up OmegaEvolution videos!
I don't have a PS3, I don't want the PS3 version, I'm not too keen on emulation, and my PC is literal ass.
Intel Pentium B940
4GB DDR3 RAM
Tell me that isn't pitiful, it can't even run Minecraft

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the wait for a port continues....
will never happen mate

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't have a PS3, I don't want the PS3 version, I'm not too keen on emulation, and my PC is literal ass.
Intel Pentium B940
4GB DDR3 RAM
Tell me that isn't pitiful, it can't even run Minecraft
i am sry 4 u!BUT your profilepic looks dope :D this pokemon was one of my favourite to catch...

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
i am sry 4 u!BUT your profilepic looks dope :D this pokemon was one of my favourite to catch...
Thank you! Meloetta is my favorite Pokemon. (It's an event Pokemon - you don't catch it) Meloetta is honestly underappreciated in my opinion.

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Meloetta is my favorite Pokemon. (It's an event Pokemon - you don't catch it) Meloetta is honestly underappreciated in my opinion.
Due to the event it was one of the hardest to get my hands on,thats how i wanted to say it... not even thinking i ve mixed up some things i only wanted to test you haha.:rofl: yeah you re right its good one! lookin forward playing pokemon evee too... but was not able to,cuz i had no time... till now

Reactions: PrincessLillie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out