Phantasy Star Nova Translation [We need your help!]

image.jpeg

:arrow: Patch updated! See http://arks-layer.com/nova.php for the latest version and help on installing it.

Current status of Nova translation:

- Game dumped, modification possible ✔
- CPK file successfully repacked ✔
- Files modified, patching possible! ✔
- Proof of concept created! LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD! ✔
- Finish with our new fontmap tool so we can do a proper textdump and find out where all these strings are hiding! ✔

To do:

- Translate stuff! \ o /

Feel free to join our discord channel: https://discord.gg/PSO2

Thanks for reading, and here's to more vita games being translated! o/

Last edited by AIDA,

Kyle873

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just dropping in to say that we aren't dead, and here's the latest version of the patch.

The translators have been busy working on PSO2. Episode 5 is coming out soon and they want to try and keep up with getting all that done.

In terms of Nova, we still need to figure out how we want to tackle some of the problems we've been having. In particular the extremely harsh string limits on certain things such as quest descriptions and story cutscenes. the tl;dr of the discussion was that if we can't find anybody to help us deal with the limitations of the engine by either hacking around them somehow or extending the limits themselves, we probably won't be able to translate the story in-game and will have to take the Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity approach and someone writes up a separate companion guide to go along with the patch containing the info we couldn't fit in-game.

DragonBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I want to thank you for all your hard work, all of you at the translation team! I'm playing the game right now and although there are elements here and there not translated, the game is very playable and Im able to progress fine... I still don't understand why SEGA is producing such awesome games like PSO2 and PS Nova and doesn't translate them themselves so all can enjoy them...

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still don't understand why SEGA is producing such awesome games like PSO2 and PS Nova and doesn't translate them themselves so all can enjoy them...

I think one of the main reason why SEGA stops porting his Phantasy Star games to EU/US market is piracy which happened on "Phantasy Star Portable 2" for PSP:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/13/psp-and-ds-piracy-explained-in-pictures/
They probably did the math "Translation cost VS Sales profit" and they decided to stop this niche market franchise.

Reactions: DragonBoy

DragonBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think one of the main reason why SEGA stops porting his Phantasy Star games to EU/US market is piracy which happened on "Phantasy Star Portable 2" for PSP:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/13/psp-and-ds-piracy-explained-in-pictures/
They probably did the math "Translation cost VS Sales profit" and they decided to stop this niche market franchise.
RIP PSP :ohnoes:

I'm really surprised by those figures actually. I knew PSP piracy was high, but I thought DS was pretty on par with PSP.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Did they give a source for those piracy numbers? Because how could you measure it?

Unless it's snatches from some public torrent lol, but would mean the real number is bigger still.

True Echo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
More likely they took these numbers from other dimension ha ha:P PSP fanbase were so big those days... millions people men:) And when psp2 come out every one of those people pirated it...

Nicc0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi I have some questions,can I find the game already dumped or I must dump my physical cartridge?
I'm just starting to dabble with all these henkaku possibilities,I love Phantasy Star Nova but I really can't get too much involvend in the game because of the language.
Now I only have a PS TV with henkaku because my main PS Vita is updated but I'd like to try this translation patch while I wait to find another PSV with the right firmware.
Second question,I have installe sd2vita as uma0 because was more straightforward now I'd like to know if the game cam be played from that location.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi I have some questions,can I find the game already dumped or I must dump my physical cartridge?
You can do either. Honestly, it'd be far less work to use a readymade dump, the current preferred method for playing backups on a hacked vita is using NoNpDrm. I bet if you put NoNpDrm along with the game's name into google you wouldn't even need to scroll down to find a ready patched dump!

Second question,I have installe sd2vita as uma0 because was more straightforward now I'd like to know if the game cam be played from that location
It shouldn't be an issue. Though I think you'd have to install it to ux0 first, then move it to uma0 using AppManager Plus.

Reactions: Nicc0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh