Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would like to understand the cause of this very slight video glitch in console startup. OLED with Picofly 2040-Zero 2.75FW. The glitch in both emuemmc and original then everything works perfectly. If I remove the picofly it doesn't happen. The tests I did are picofly replacement, 47/47/47 and 100/100/47 on dat0 cmd and clk, firmware replacement at 2.76, what can it depend on? I exclude the flat video, which is perfect because without Picofly it doesn't happen.

Attachments

• video_2024-03-10_18-28-47.mp4
    6.5 MB

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Just got my tinyflies today - DHL express is insanely fast! They seem to be working as intended. Big thanks @psycho-neon

tinyfly.jpg

DesDeux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Installed picofly in Lite, but after running game for about a minute, Atmosphere crashing with 2162-0002 error. What might be causing this?

Attachments

• photo_2024-03-11_17-56-44.jpg
    photo_2024-03-11_17-56-44.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 14

Dukenukemx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was re built, have you tried running the sysmmc cfw once in the hekate?
I have with no good results. At this point the Switch has stopped charging which to me means the M92 chip has failed. Would explain why the Aliexpress mod chip didn't work because the M92 was already having issues. I found a shorted resistor on the Aliexpress Rp2040 chip, which could indicate a power failure. I order a couple new M92's and proper sized capacitors and waiting for them to arrive. What I did notice is the USB-C connector has some exposed area on it. Not sure if that's a concern and I need to replace the USB-C connector.

IMG_20240311_172524538.jpg

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
if test other sd card same problem
100% CPU Fault
If your cpu die you can't even see anything in the beginning let alone a error code being shown.
Post automatically merged:

Installed picofly in Lite, but after running game for about a minute, Atmosphere crashing with 2162-0002 error. What might be causing this?
It's sd card slot or sd card itself. Just take yhe card out and insert it again if the problem persist then try taking a look at the sd card slot.
Post automatically merged:

I have with no good results. At this point the Switch has stopped charging which to me means the M92 chip has failed. Would explain why the Aliexpress mod chip didn't work because the M92 was already having issues. I found a shorted resistor on the Aliexpress Rp2040 chip, which could indicate a power failure. I order a couple new M92's and proper sized capacitors and waiting for them to arrive. What I did notice is the USB-C connector has some exposed area on it. Not sure if that's a concern and I need to replace the USB-C connector.

View attachment 425290
I don't know your problem in detail but m92 does nothing to your rp2040 chip. You can even take the m92 IC out and the console can still boot perfectly , it just show you error when you already completing the boot. Maybe your 3.3v have been shorted . if 3.3v rail be shorted the chip will not have the power to boot so do the console because both use 3.3v for their own purposes.

Last edited by superxoi,

Dukenukemx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know your problem in detail but m92 does nothing to your rp2040 chip. You can even take the m92 IC out and the console can still boot perfectly , it just show you error when you already completing the boot. Maybe your 3.3v have been shorted . if 3.3v rail be shorted the chip will not have the power to boot so do the console because both use 3.3v for their own purposes.
It still boots, at least into Hekate. Beyond that it won't boot and now I get an error code about the charging system. Plus it stopped charging in Hekate. I figure I'll change the M92 and USB-C connector anyway.

heyaliriza

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I'm getting a **- error on my OLED device, specifically an EmuMMC block 1 read error. What is the solution for this? I've tried re-soldering the cables with plug-and-play, but I'm still getting the same error.

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I'm getting a **- error on my OLED device, specifically an EmuMMC block 1 read error. What is the solution for this? I've tried re-soldering the cables with plug-and-play, but I'm still getting the same error.
Have you checked mosfet and dat0 line? If you are using d0 adapter try to reset it

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I didn't use a mosfet. I have a ready picofly set. I directly removed the NAND of Dat0 and then molded it.
These kind of chip are not really supported on this thread though. However just double check your points and make sure that you test them 1 by 1 using multimeter in diode mode.

Side note, mosfet are on the flex cable you used on the SoC. Just make sure flex cable is soldered properly.

Reactions: heyaliriza

AgentMcMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the " = USB Flashing done" error code mean?

I'm getting blue, white, yellow and the console boots to OFW but I don't get the No SD Card screen.

Edit: I guess it could also be a single * short pulse, I'm not really sure what is considered long.

Last edited by AgentMcMuffin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, probably the scouter