Picofly AIO Thread

WalangAlam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
long short short. emmc init failure and boots to ofw. in other times, it boots to atmosphere with one yellow led...how can i fix this oled?

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, my switch boots to a bright purple screen, I desoldered all the wires and still the same. I accidentally desoldered this capacitor here (where the cursor is) (not my pic, taken from the PDF guide, I'm using a 2040Zero):

Could that be the issue? How can I troubleshoot it?

Edit: if you need pics of the console, I can provide them.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone, my switch boots to a bright purple screen, I desoldered all the wires and still the same. I accidentally desoldered this capacitor here (where the cursor is) (not my pic, taken from the PDF guide, I'm using a 2040Zero):

Could that be the issue? How can I troubleshoot it?

Edit: if you need pics of the console, I can provide them.

on wich switch ? oled?

purple screen comes mostly after a mod from a defective Cmd Resistor.

check ur cmd resistor also upload some pics from ur install

also heard it could come from corrupt emmc.

u can run the switch with one missing capacitor but i would recommend replaying it , there are some on the rp2040 zero u can use i think thats also explained in the guide wich one u can use from there.

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
on wich switch ? oled?

purple screen comes mostly after a mod from a defective Cmd Resistor.

check ur cmd resistor also upload some pics from ur install

also heard it could come from corrupt emmc.

u can run the switch with one missing capacitor but i would recommend replaying it , there are some on the rp2040 zero u can use i think thats also explained in the guide wich one u can use from there.
Yes the switch is the oled model, can I replace the CMD resistor in case it's defective? I'm gonna take some pics in a bit

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yeah sure u can replace it , its 4,7k ohm resistor.

nice but get some good quality ones please :-)
Okay there are the pics:
photo_2023-08-07_18-05-43.jpg

This my poor attempt at re-soldering a resistor that I grabbed from the 2040Zero, but that thing is so small I don't know if that did something honestly.

Below is my CMD + exposed CLK point:
photo_2023-08-07_18-05-48.jpg

From what I can see, I probably fried the CMD resistor. Can i use a 0805 one? I have a lot of them around.

Edit: I was dumb and tried the mod with a larger tip than I should've used, I have some good ones here that are very small so hopefully these will help.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay there are the pics:
View attachment 387054
This my poor attempt at re-soldering a resistor that I grabbed from the 2040Zero, but that thing is so small I don't know if that did something honestly.

Below is my CMD + exposed CLK point:
View attachment 387055
From what I can see, I probably fried the CMD resistor. Can i use a 0805 one? I have a lot of them around.

Edit: I was dumb and tried the mod with a larger tip than I should've used, I have some good ones here that are very small so hopefully these will help.
well u can use a smaller on but u need to be able to make a connection between both vias.

why did u rip if that ground pad? poor switch .

u can use any size of resistor u just need to get then to fit and make proper connection

u need to be a bit more carefull with the pads around ur solder use a finer tip and flux .

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well u can use a smaller on but u need to be able to make a connection between both vias.

why did u rip if that ground pad? poor switch .

u can use any size of resistor u just need to get then to fit and make proper connection

u need to be a bit more carefull with the pads around ur solder use a finer tip and flux .
I tried to do a mosfet install but it wasn't good, I'm very sorry for the switch too. So 4.7k for the CMD and what about the one on the CPU?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried to do a mosfet install but it wasn't good, I'm very sorry for the switch too. So 4.7k for the CMD and what about the one on the CPU?
i think on the apu is a 0.1uf cap they are available on the rp2040zero the guid should point out where they are sitting

RedFawkes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

R3dC4p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never did get picofly to work on my switch, either with an actual 2040 or the hwfly like flxpcb they make. Bought a HWfly and it just worked. Now that I have the switch booting though, I've noticed that the volume down doesn't work? Pressing volume up makes the volume go all the way down. On probing the pins on a work switch, I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.8 Mohm to gnd, pressing the switches pulls the corresponding pin on the connector to gnd. On the faulty switch, volume up shows the expected behavior, while volume downs resistance is around 400k? Noteably, I double checked without the HWFLY installed, and the volume/power ribbon disconnected, also powered on and confirmed the behavior without the ribbon by manually pulling the pins to ground. This aligns with the fact that volume down appears to be stuck in firmware. something somewhere, is shorting to where it shouldn't. Anyone have any ideas?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Never did get picofly to work on my switch, either with an actual 2040 or the hwfly like flxpcb they make. Bought a HWfly and it just worked. Now that I have the switch booting though, I've noticed that the volume down doesn't work? Pressing volume up makes the volume go all the way down. On probing the pins on a work switch, I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.8 Mohm to gnd, pressing the switches pulls the corresponding pin on the connector to gnd. On the faulty switch, volume up shows the expected behavior, while volume downs resistance is around 400k? Noteably, I double checked without the HWFLY installed, and the volume/power ribbon disconnected, also powered on and confirmed the behavior without the ribbon by manually pulling the pins to ground. This aligns with the fact that volume down appears to be stuck in firmware. something somewhere, is shorting to where it shouldn't. Anyone have any ideas?

This is no hwfly support group this is picofly that hase nothing to do with hwfly rp2040 or any of those clone boards more hwfly

Ask ur board supplier or a other thread for help.

Thank u

Last edited by Dee87,

R3dC4p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool, this is more of a generic switch hardware question trying to fix an issue that originally existed on a picofly install, but whatever. Have a nice day!

karatefeet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did my first OLED with the permanent dat0! Reballing with the magnetic stencil was so much easier and the balls turned out really good. First attempt I made a rookie mistake and had too much solder mask on the wire which caused the chip to not sit down properly. Once I scrapped away the excessive it sat down nice and even.
Was so happy to see the No SD Card screen afterwards.
Put it all back together only to find the right joy con is not being detected. Checked the flex cable and it appears fine. Left joy con is working fine. Anyone have this issue before?

It's late so I'll take the board out tomorrow and have a look to see if I took out any components by accident or something.
Dang, so close... lol.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Did my first OLED with the permanent dat0! Reballing with the magnetic stencil was so much easier and the balls turned out really good. First attempt I made a rookie mistake and had too much solder mask on the wire which caused the chip to not sit down properly. Once I scrapped away the excessive it sat down nice and even.
Was so happy to see the No SD Card screen afterwards.
Put it all back together only to find the right joy con is not being detected. Checked the flex cable and it appears fine. Left joy con is working fine. Anyone have this issue before?

It's late so I'll take the board out tomorrow and have a look to see if I took out any components by accident or something.
Dang, so close... lol.
Make sure nothing is stuck in the connector for the ribbon cable. Like some flux managed to sneak itself in there.

RedFawkes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Does anyone here have any thoughts on the following chip:

Picof V0.3 230407
(See pics)

Seems to be an rp2040 much like all the chips are these days inc HWFly but I like the layout of the points being on the top row and away from the heat pipe clamp.

It also appears to be shielded on the underside and has the correct resistors on the board (much like the RP2040 tiny).

Apparently it already has the picofly firmware installed. Hopefully above v2.6 so it can be upgraded with picofly toolbox if necessary. But if needed it does have points to attach a micro-USB for manual firmware flashing.

Lastly it's showing up at around £6.50 on AliExpress right now so it's not obscenely expensive.

I'm wondering if this could be a better candidate as the most preferred option instead of the RP2040Tiny..

The TVPartsWorld guy just released a video using this one:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230815-104335_Brave.png
    Screenshot_20230815-104335_Brave.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: Jehmyson

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: side