Pikmin 4 has leaked online prior to launch

Jasd098.jpg
pikmin.png

Those eagerly awaiting the latest title in the in the Pikmin franchise should be aware that the full game has leaked online before the official launch. Pikmin 4 for the Nintendo Switch has been dumped and uploaded online, leading to pre-release screenshots and videos making their way to the internet as well. Please remember that GBAtemp's ToS strictly prohibits the uploading or sharing of warez on the site.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I would say Nintendo has improved with Pikmin 4 leaking so close to release. There's really nothing they can do once it's gotten into the backroom of brick and mortar stores. Bigger IPs leaked nearly a month in advance, or at least over two weeks, the last few times.

Reactions: cearp and console

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd love to see how Nintendo improved upon Pikmin 3; that was already a highly-polished game, gameplay-wise. Switching between Pikmin was incredibly easy, you could order other captains (the ones you're not currently controlling) to take their Pikmin elsewhere, order Pikmin to bullrush a target.
Aiming was very intuitive too, and the 'end of day' ring around the ship and Onions clearly showed the safe area.

After having gone back to Pikmin 1, I realised I never truly appreciated these improvements, so I'm curious how they could be polished further.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming it's a leak that happens during the distribution stage where there are so many hands on the product, it'd be impossible to figure out who dun it.
I wouldn't be too surprised if they're starting to be baited at this point. Maybe they've found a way to zero in on where this is happening, by planning ahead and finding a way to track a game like this one more closely. I mean I just remember how hard Nintendo came down on the guy that leaked NSMBW, and that guy only leaked that one game I believe. The group behind this seems to have leaked like maybe 10 significant Nintendo games at this point. I have to imagine they're not content with letting this continue to happen. This is Nintendo after all lol.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I wouldn't be too surprised if they're starting to be baited at this point. Maybe they've found a way to zero in on where this is happening, by planning ahead and finding a way to track a game like this one more closely. I mean I just remember how hard Nintendo came down on the guy that leaked NSMBW, and that guy only leaked that one game I believe. The group behind this seems to have leaked like maybe 10 significant Nintendo games at this point. I have to imagine they're not content with letting this continue to happen. This is Nintendo after all lol.
They can work at warehouse or hell even own a shop and get a copy. Then leak it. It's not like stores in like the UAE care about release dates. They want the game out on the selves asap for profits.

Reactions: osaka35

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
General question about these leaks. I remember reading several years ago that Nintendo had begun putting unique digital serial numbers in each cartridge, so any dumps/leaks would have a traceable ID on it. Was that a real thing, and people are just making sure to scrub their dumps?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can work at warehouse or hell even own a shop and get a copy. Then leak it. It's not like stores in like the UAE care about release dates. They want the game out on the selves asap for profits.
I know how it leaks. I'm just saying that at this point Nintendo has to be aware of these leaks, and knowing Nintendo, they're probably going extra lengths at this point now to pinpoint where it's chiefly happening.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never been huge on Pikmin but maybe this title is the time to hop on

Actually while I haven't played 4 yet, I'm confident in saying that Pikmin 1 is the purest expression of the concept and Pikmin 2 is the original concept w/ improvements gained from mass consumer testing. Same as Monkey Ball 1 & 2. After that, you get gimmick add-ons to the game's core. Tolerable if you really just love the franchise, but always drifting from the original idea.

Not saying Pikmin 4 won't be great. Just, if you're gonna watch The Godfather you shouldn't start with the last one.

Reactions: tabzer and osaka35

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a lot of nintendo only games series i hate now and this is one of them.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares, its another title they just keep recycling over and over with little change.

You shouldn't have to keep paying for the same crap, I bet nintendo will be engulfed with rage.

How, why people keep stealing our games.

Well, if your happy to steal our good hard earned cash and for what, recycling the same shit with very little difference..... hmmm.

Sorry but they love to brag rubbing their hands with greed, welcome sheep, brainwashed sheep flocking to buy the same shit over and over again..... hmmm reminds me of the mobile phone industry LOL.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I suppose that it is news that Nintendo staved off a leak to just only a few days before release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: gonna look if i still have that sd card adapter