OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
(Icacos Beach)

Close to where I work at here in Acapulco.
I work at a juice bar, nothing huge. Its called Las Fuentes (The Fountains).

For over the few couple weeks, I have noticed a pattern of facial expressions and moods from customers.

it goes like this: happy customer, tired, serious, happy, serious, tired, happy, tired, serious and finally one asshole.
then it repeats.

Very odd indeed but maybe im just being over-exaggerated? I dont know. Been working too long there that ive gone mad.

but i love it.

Tourists here are funny...mainly because they try to speak spanish and say words that their tongues cant twist but of course I help them out. We name our juices in odd nicknames just to make them sound more exotic or something cool, for example:

Mango Xiliz (chill mango)
Frutas Celestial (Heavenly Fruits)
Suave Coco (smooth coco)
etc
//

A few weeks ago, a guy from the u.s., had a southern accent like in those Texas Massacre movies, was getting pissed off at my co-worker, obviously he didnt quite understand what the guy was asking for.
Now, if some person with a weird and hard-to-understand accent doesnt know how to ask for the beverage he/she is asking for, then...he/she should calm down and point at the name of the beverage thats in the menu...and it has english translations that i put...but he wasn't even doing that which made the whole issue even worse. my co-worker, Adriano, asked me to come and translate so i did and said to the man in english, "hello sir, what seems to be the problem?" and he said "good lord in heaven, we got a mexican english speaker here, we need more of you here that speaks english. your amigo here dont understand im askin for Budlight..this here's a bar aint it?"
...;sigh; so i said to him "well sir..this is a JuicE bar...not an alcoholic bar. We dont sell beer here, if you're looking for some beer there is some 1 block from here." and he said "goddamn it you folks s'pose to sell beer, this is mexico aint it??"
and he left. x_x; i spoke better english than him which is something i find interesting.

I have no idea how one cannot see the fruits and veggies all around the area and not think "hmm..they don't sell beer here".
it isnt the only time its happened. we've gotten people popping there heads in here asking "you sell ServEI-Za??"
bleh

Only on Friday and Saturday night is when we had some X's on our juices after 8pm only..we add some alcohol into our drinks..and yes we do sell margaritas. Yum.
When Spring Break comes around the whole beach is filled with the most annoying people ive ever seen in my entire life. College students mostly from the u.s. making a mess all around here, playing Rihanna music...ew..and hell comes all around the corner..its good for the business here but we the locals do the clean up. I've also been hit various times and all have failed. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Well this was fun. xD
was bored and felt like typing a bloggy. peek into the life of a juicebar person even though i didnt went into full details but um..yeah. x)

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, sounds like something I would get irritated about. I have trouble all the time where I work with Spanish only, and ESL. Sometimes it is so hard to get a message across. THEN there are the people that reply to my question: "What drink would you like with your combo" with some random alcoholic beverage. Though most of the time the alcoholic beverage in question is usually: "Do you have a Bud?"

I haven't seen you posting too much, so it's good to hear people from the US's Death Spike. How is the weather down there at the moment?

Yumi

With Love<3
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Sterl500 said:
Heh, sounds like something I would get irritated about. I have trouble all the time where I work with Spanish only, and ESL. Sometimes it is so hard to get a message across. THEN there are the people that reply to my question: "What drink would you like with your combo" with some random alcoholic beverage. Though most of the time the alcoholic beverage in question is usually: "Do you have a Bud?"

I haven't seen you posting too much, so it's good to hear people from the US's Death Spike. How is the weather down there at the moment?

Ha, i did get irritated but as a mellow and forgivable person i am, i let minor stuff go. No need to waste time with those who are not worthy of. x/

Umm, i'm more of a shadow than a poster, i only post when i see an interesting topic or a huge amount of time to kill. The weather here is very warm and cloudy...negative clouds and its getting windy..will rain hard later tonight or tomorrow. x(

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very good. I am glad to see people with reasonable tempers in other countries. Hopefully it won't rain Too hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +2