Zehel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys,

I wanted to replay Mother 3's English patch on my newly acquired Vita using Retroarch, and while it runs fine, I wanted to play it with the retroachievements but it isn't found in the database so I can't do this.

Is there a solution to this? If not I'll do without but I just wanted to know. Thanks!

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, my English patched games typically don't trigger the achievements sadly! It also caused a crash with motion sensor games like warioware twisted, so had it off!

Zehel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I mean, my English patched games typically don't trigger the achievements sadly! It also caused a crash with motion sensor games like warioware twisted, so had it off!

Too bad, guess I'll play without them, thanks! Anyway to make it appear alongside my other GBA games (not in a second list I had to scan manually) or it's not possible due to the patch?

PortableGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Too bad, guess I'll play without them, thanks! Anyway to make it appear alongside my other GBA games (not in a second list I had to scan manually) or it's not possible due to the patch?
Theoretically, if you have the “right” ROM, one that matches Retroarch’s known CRC for Mother 3 translated in its database for hacked GBA ROMs, it should be automatically parsed as Mother 3 under GBA hacks. In practice, I’ve had very little luck with my own ROM dumps and whatnot.
The database is here : https://github.com/libretro/libretr...metadat/hacks/Nintendo - Game Boy Advance.dat

and the entry for Mother 3 is this one :

Code:
name "Mother 3 (Japan) [T-En by Chewy, Jeffman and Tomato]"
    description "English translation by Chewy, Jeffman and Tomato version (1.3)"
    rom ( name "Mother 3 (Japan).gba" size 33554432 crc 8a3bc5a8 md5 78852690de6ef51af56883c3823ea0e1 sha1 306fb8874533b0fd0796208faa8bed2db4ae77fb )
    patch "http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1333/"

Practically speaking, if it’s not a match, you’re better off renaming your own manual scans as Retroarch’s game database system is very rigid and doesn’t really lend itself to customization.

Zehel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Theoretically, if you have the “right” ROM, one that matches Retroarch’s known CRC for Mother 3 translated in its database for hacked GBA ROMs, it should be automatically parsed as Mother 3 under GBA hacks. In practice, I’ve had very little luck with my own ROM dumps and whatnot.
The database is here : https://github.com/libretro/libretro-database/blob/master/metadat/hacks/Nintendo - Game Boy Advance.dat

and the entry for Mother 3 is this one :

Code:
name "Mother 3 (Japan) [T-En by Chewy, Jeffman and Tomato]"
    description "English translation by Chewy, Jeffman and Tomato version (1.3)"
    rom ( name "Mother 3 (Japan).gba" size 33554432 crc 8a3bc5a8 md5 78852690de6ef51af56883c3823ea0e1 sha1 306fb8874533b0fd0796208faa8bed2db4ae77fb )
    patch "http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1333/"

Practically speaking, if it’s not a match, you’re better off renaming your own manual scans as Retroarch’s game database system is very rigid and doesn’t really lend itself to customization.

I figured Retroarch's database would be quite rigid. Well, I won't bother with this then, thank you for your time guys and have a nice day.

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use vitalauncher for everything non ps1/psp/vita and hexflow for that, Never much liked using retroarc directly..

Reactions: Zehel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: Come to think of it, I might make 🌭 for lunch today. A change of pace...