Playstation classic

TonyBiH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
honeylab (bakueikozo on twitter) is working on it and he just got root on that console :)
Google translated few of his sentences on twitter:
"I tried to rewrite and put in a shell.
So, I got the Playstation Classic Successful Console Environment, but the endlessly debugging message is awkward and difficult to work ... I can do anything but this one can do anything, but the rest is tomorrow ..."

Update from him: Original: https://twitter.com/bakueikozo/status/1070463458011832321
"I actually made game image file and loaded it. I do not see the stabbing point, but I read it from the USB memory. It's completely manual now, but if you do well it can be installed properly. PlayStation Classic Hack completed. Play so far. I will get back to work to get a gift ..."

He did it honeylab bakueikozo hacked Sony PlayStation Classic.

Last edited by TonyBiH,

ameisenmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Very nice job, bakueikozo!
Now we noob users have to wait some more time to get a convenient solution with retroarch, improved emulator and whatnot :) Wonder when the first tutorial appears on youtube.
So it's required to solder / connect pads at some point? I have no problem with that but for many users it could be too much already

Reactions: TonyBiH

TonyBiH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Let's wait I hope that they need soldering just to get backdoor first time. When they breach to kernel maybe it will be possible to upload new custom kernel to upload games like on hakchi2.

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't rush to solder your board, I'll bet that eventually when the thing is fully worked out and fully understood a 'no soldering' solution will exist.

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
I dont think soldering is necessary, as i mentioned before you have simply to connect youre device to the pc and from there connect the 2 soldier points.. can be done with any kind of metal. When its connected to youre pc its a question of tools.

Edit: but you have to open it up.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not anymore according to Amazon.

Yea, you'll have better luck on ebay. The thing that happened is once it was clear that PS TV/Vita hacking was doable, all PS TVs are on a low enough firmware, and suddenly you could white list most Vita games to work*, there was something of a land grab. Same thing with Wikireaders being down to like $10 each. Still, you can find PS TVs (used) in the $100/$120 range which I'd call pretty reasonable given what it's able to do. Obviously, though, if you're only doing PSX then it's silly to go that far when even an ~$10 Orange Pi might do the trick.

Given what Gamers Nexus was talking about how most the components are EOL, though, it sounds like my original hypothesis about this using old stock PS TV hardware was wrong: they're using old stock other components. Honestly, I think I was just hoping they'd sell a lot more new PS TV hardware at $99.

* All can be made to load, but even with dsmotion you still have all the touchscreen games of which a lot aren't meaningfully playable.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, you'll have better luck on ebay. The thing that happened is once it was clear that PS TV/Vita hacking was doable, all PS TVs are on a low enough firmware, and suddenly you could white list most Vita games to work*, there was something of a land grab. Same thing with Wikireaders being down to like $10 each. Still, you can find PS TVs (used) in the $100/$120 range which I'd call pretty reasonable given what it's able to do. Obviously, though, if you're only doing PSX then it's silly to go that far when even an ~$10 Orange Pi might do the trick.

Given what Gamers Nexus was talking about how most the components are EOL, though, it sounds like my original hypothesis about this using old stock PS TV hardware was wrong: they're using old stock other components. Honestly, I think I was just hoping they'd sell a lot more new PS TV hardware at $99.

* All can be made to load, but even with dsmotion you still have all the touchscreen games of which a lot aren't meaningfully playable.

I avoid touchscreen games like the plague. I'd rather use a phone to use Playstation games.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

MitchBuchanan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys I was wondering.. I've got the g15 logitech and the light flickers but doesn't quite register on the system.. So I plugged it into a powered usb hub and plugged it in.

So the save states seem to work from the keyboard but I can access anything using the esc key.. Any advice?

ameisenmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So the save states seem to work from the keyboard but I can access anything using the esc key.. Any advice?
With my Cherry Keyboard it is the same. Mouse cursor appears and only the key for "Reset" / "Save State" works. On my keyboard it is the key for "Play/Pause" I would call it. None of the other keys does anything.

I dont think soldering is necessary, as i mentioned before you have simply to connect youre device to the pc and from there connect the 2 soldier points.. can be done with any kind of metal. When its connected to youre pc its a question of tools.

Edit: but you have to open it up.
You are right. That could be a solution for many users if no soldering required. But still many people will be afraid to open it :D

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can confirm corsair k55 doesnt work. :S

I need a really good japanese translator if anybody knows this i grasp that a usb port pad needs to be grounded? please no google translate as its nonsensical.

さて、いままでAndroid系はあまりいじってないのでfastmodeとやらも全然わかってなかったのですが、調べてみると、どうやらMediaTek系の携帯(スマフォ)のファームウェアの読み書きと同等に扱えるような気がしてきました。

パッドショートによる動作が多少特殊で、一瞬VCOMポートに見えて、その直後にはMT Preloaderというデバイスになるようです。

しかし、SP Flash Toolなどのファームウェア読み書きツールでコマンドを設定したあと、
パッドショートでUSB接続させると、デバイスの挿入をハンドルしてコマンドを発行できることが確認できました。

ameisenmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seems like the Japs ran a PC Version of Doom on the PS Classic and yifanlu managed to replace one of the games with Crash Bandicot Prototype. He thinks it will be possible to just plugin a USB drive with some payload in it and that will make all the magic for you. I would love to see an OTG solution like with the USB Host mod of Snes Mini. This way we could still use both game pads.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theoretically he can make an update (my guess would be one that can be connected via usb that will do the rest as needed OR one that could be injected into the nand via soldering my guess at this time is as good as yours)
ya lucky bastards XD
he also bypassed the uart password issue through a really derpy opening with a script. that being said who knows what the injection method will be

just to make it clear he found the private keys to sign updates.

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,
Reactions: fixingmytoys

MutantMecha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What a gansta.
Yeah this is very fun to watch happen in real time.
I'm definitely joining the popcorn squad for the next thing

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its really weird to me why bother putting annoying security on it when you overlook a bigger issue such as leaving the keys *sigh* makes no sense to me but ok. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright