Hacking Playstation Vita Hacking News/Overview/FAQ

Spacedeck

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone, sorry if this is asked a lot but I assume Vita hacking requires a PSN account? I have an older OLED screen Vita which I hear can now be downgraded. So, what do people do? Make a new account or can it be easily used on the main account without issue?

If using on the alt account, what do I lose by not using the main account?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a PSN account at all to hack the Vita, it's completely optional whether you wish to use one or not.

However, you should always use an alt account with any console hack you do, to be 100% safe in case Sony decides to ban any account caught using Henkaku. It's basically a 0% chance of happening at this point IMO, but I also believe it's better to be safe and sure (especially if you use a PSN account on other devices) as opposed to risking the tiny chance that you lose access to all your stuff.

As for what you lose, beyond access to your purchases nothing at all, and that doesn't matter much considering you can just "acquire backups" of whatever games you own and play them that way without having to touch PSN.

Reactions: Spacedeck

Spacedeck

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everything went well and it's installed, and using a new PSN account. My only limiting factor is due to my handheld, I believe I can only use official Sony memory cards, which I think I have 32GB right now. If I was able to get say 64GB card, would everything need to be installed again?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If you don't care about losing the cartridge slot, you can buy an SD2Vita which will allow you to use a micro SD card as if it were your main memory card. No need to spend dumb amounts of money on overpriced Vita memory cards, just grab a micro SD card, copy everything from your current memory card to the micro SD card, plug it in, install the plugin with AutoPlugin, and go.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you don't care about losing the cartridge slot, you can buy an SD2Vita which will allow you to use a micro SD card as if it were your main memory card. No need to spend dumb amounts of money on overpriced Vita memory cards, just grab a micro SD card, copy everything from your current memory card to the micro SD card, plug it in, install the plugin with AutoPlugin, and go.

If you have one the models that didn't came without internal memory to install stuff you need a Vita card to do some stuff like downgrading firmare.

Also, the site https://vita.hacks.guide is extremely outdated, do not use any link to files from it.

boyfriendcoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have one the models that didn't came without internal memory to install stuff you need a Vita card to do some stuff like downgrading firmare.

Also, the site https://vita.hacks.guide is extremely outdated, do not use any link to files from it.

Grateful and confused after seeing this, as I was going to use it today. I had great success with my 3ds a few days ago on that site. Could you tell me more about what or how it's outdated, and maybe suggest a better place to go for a complete guide?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Grateful and confused after seeing this, as I was going to use it today. I had great success with my 3ds a few days ago on that site. Could you tell me more about what or how it's outdated, and maybe suggest a better place to go for a complete guide?

It still works but you will have to update some stuff after you are done or get it directly from the github places.

Final he for example installs old versions of stuff so you then have to update. Thankfully enso is still on the same version so no problem.

Last edited by raxadian,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It still works but you will have to update some stuff after you are dobe or get it directly frm the github places.

Final he for example installs old versions of stuff so you then hwve to update. Thankfully endo is still on the same version so mo problem.
Nothing truly important is outdated there, it'll be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Good deal. I love Sun chips