PlayStation Vita prototype appears on eBay, listed for $20,000

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg

The PlayStation Vita never really got its chance to shine in terms of popularity, with initial supporters quick to abandon it, followed shortly by being left behind by Sony itself. However, pre-production hardware is a topic that can unite even those who weren't fans of the Vita. For those that enjoy prototype video game systems and have a lot of money to burn, this PlayStation Vita development unit might just be for you. We first saw this "slider" prototype a few years back, when a user on assemblergames got a hold of one and posted a video, showing the differences between it and a normal retail Vita. The most notable features were that the prototype used normal sized SD cards, rather than the controversial and costly proprietary memory cards, and that it slid upwards to reveal its face buttons, much like the prior PSP Go.

This development unit has resurfaced once more, with new pictures giving us another look at the original design. A seller by the name of vandalsgames has put it up for sale, for the low, low price of $19,999.00. On the auction page, the seller claims that it's a DEM-3000H84 unit on firmware 0.990, and it comes with the original power supply, an HDMI cable for the HDMI out function, and the power supply, as the prototype lacks a battery.

This is it. This is the rarest and most sought after PlayStation Vita hardware ever. This is the famous PS Vita Prototype that was has been leaked and discussed all over the web in 2014-2015.

The system is in very good shape given the nature of prototype hardware. It's fully functional and the original SD card with development files are still on there. The HDMI video out feature works perfectly. The system doesn't have a built-in internal battery, as a result, it needs a power supply source to operate.

:arrow: Source: eBay
:arrow: Source: Assemblergames video

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well yeah, it's qHD versus full HD. There will be some pixelation once the screen is stretched to 1080p, but it shouldn't be malformed as the aspect ratio is the same - 16:9. That is, unless you run it on an exotic display of some kind.
Well, a 4k screen actually wich i know doesn't scale that well with lower resolutions

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I think if they would have made it slightly bigger for better controls, I would have prefer this design.

I doubt it. I mean, they could make a portable that just happens to play the same games, but a 2 in 1 isn't going to happen.
We will meet here in june.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ebay gave me a $5 coupon
lemme check

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Firmware 0.990!!! Holy shit, that firmware must be hacked!

But yes, that's how exactly I imagined the SD cards, or SDXC support to go over 64GB up to like 256GB.
But noooooo, lets make propietary memcards that costs(more than) 100$ for 64GB!!! Well Sony, I hope you learned from that mistake or else you can go eat tasty steaming piles.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
This is incredibly interesting, but i'm still waiting for the day that some more nintendo prototypes surfaces on the web (looking at you beta sm64 and sunshine)
If the Ocarina of Time BETA build(s) ever magically surface somehow, I will play them to death. Literally to death.

Reactions: DeslotlCL
D

Deleted_413010

It might have sold a few more million units, but probably not enough to save it. Exclusive handhelds just aren't as popular as they once were. While the 3DS did sell well, it sold much less compared to the DS.

What about the DSi hm?

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But does this one uses OLED or LCD screen? It looks like LCD from the looks of it.
And now I understand why some oled Vita's has those black blotches or smudges, oled was new back in 2011 and if the Vita would use the newer generation of oled screens, it would have gotten perfect blacks without any blotch or smudge. I have one Vita here that has a perfect screen without blotch and smudge!

But it's for sale for $19,999 so $1 cheaper, quick, grab your chance before discount ends!

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
dude if i had kept it long enough to when it got hacked i wouldve tried some of those other games but all the games i bougt physical because of the mem card thing and the wifi on it just sucked really bad alongside the multiplayer and online and all the multimedia stuf f and the psn store was dreadful

I rarely buy physical anything since I hate carrying carts around, got 2 Vitas, a 16, 32 and a 64GB mem card. One is fully hacked, other is not. I don't get consoles for multimedia, they're a plus. I never use the PSN store on the consoles, since the PC version is MUCH better. I can see why you wouldn't like it, since single player games do not seem to be your primary focus.

I disagree 100% about wi-fi sucking, I streamed quite a few PS3 and PS4 games to my Vita via remote play and it worked almost perfectly, with only around 20 frame drops per minute. Download speeds for games were not great, but were not bad either.

I really do not understand why you would not like the Vita other than price of the memory cards: Games were good/great, even if few + the whole PSP library. Design was top notch, the screen was PERFECT, even media playing was good.

And that was even before I considered hacking one.
All of that get kicked up a whole other level when you consider Henkaku + Adrenaline.

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but it seems you're judging from a bad personal experience instead of objectively analyzing what the system has to offer.

Too bad Sony execs were beyond stupid in handling this device.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rarely buy physical anything since I hate carrying carts around, got 2 Vitas, a 16, 32 and a 64GB mem card. One is fully hacked, other is not. I don't get consoles for multimedia, they're a plus. I never use the PSN store on the consoles, since the PC version is MUCH better. I can see why you wouldn't like it, since single player games do not seem to be your primary focus.

I disagree 100% about wi-fi sucking, I streamed quite a few PS3 and PS4 games to my Vita via remote play and it worked almost perfectly, with only around 20 frame drops per minute. Download speeds for games were not great, but were not bad either.

I really do not understand why you would not like the Vita other than price of the memory cards: Games were good/great, even if few + the whole PSP library. Design was top notch, the screen was PERFECT, even media playing was good.

And that was even before I considered hacking one.
All of that get kicked up a whole other level when you consider Henkaku + Adrenaline.

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but it seems you're judging from a bad personal experience instead of objectively analyzing what the system has to offer.

Too bad Sony execs were beyond stupid in handling this device.

no, i feel i was judging from an overall experience on an unhacked console that i basically went almost 100% legit on (I hacked it when the psp emulator was new, but i really had no need because i had already experienced the full psp era at that time). It just isnt a good console at all. I had ZERO experience of the vita when it was hacked and pirated games could be played on it and the memory card mod or any of that, but it just doesnt interest me. The games were impossible to find at retail stores also. And the whole Final Fantasy X-2 having to be downloaded seperately and taking the whole memory card was what made me quit on Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste